Encryption on Realme 5i

Posted 28th Mar
I bought my Mum a Realme 5i which I've just received but I can't find any option to encrypt the device. I thought this was a standard feature on all Android phones now so I didn't think I needed to check that before I bought it. Has anyone else got one of these and managed to find this option?

Also has anyone managed to unlock the bootloader? I wanted to root it to install AFWall+ but the unlock app doesn't change from "Application submitted. Processing please wait" (I've waited over an hour).
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

2 Comments
go check on XDA for your root questions... and well done purchasing that bargain of a phone. did you get it with the 20% discoutn? 85 quid or something
toge28/03/2020 19:55

go check on XDA for your root questions... and well done purchasing that …go check on XDA for your root questions... and well done purchasing that bargain of a phone. did you get it with the 20% discoutn? 85 quid or something

Nah, I missed that unfortunately and had to pay £110 for it but it's still a bargain for what it is and I couldn't wait as my Mum's broken her phone!

I managed to unlock the bootloader. I had to press back on that "please wait" screen and then click Verify and reboot. However when it's unlocked you can't set a lock screen password and there's no TWRP available for the 5i yet anyway, so I've had to relock it for now. I was hoping to get it rooted before I gave it to my Mum as it wipes everything when you unlock or relock it but it's not the end of the world, I'll just have to back everything up before rooting it in future when TWRP is available.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions