Expired

End of Car Lease

Found 4th Mar 2014
Hello HUKD

I'm currently coming to the end of my 2 year Merc Lease with Lings cars.

Does anyone know if you need to get the car serviced before you return it?

The Mercedes manual states that the second service need to be done at 24 moths or 30, 000 (whichever comes first)

Ive only done 25,000.

So... I was thinking , is it possible to return the car a week early ? i.e just before the 2 year contract and avoid paying the second service?

any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks
Community Updates
AskCarCar Lease
10 Comments
What does your lease agreement say?
Remember to photograph the whole car before handing back in, lease companies are always trying to make people pay for damage which isn't there! I didn't think you had to service lease cars. If it does say that in your agreement just ask local garage to do minor oil service change and stamp the book.
Original Poster
cdm22

What does your lease agreement say?

Just checked that and it says please refer to the manufacturers manual and adhere to their guidelines

very vague
Original Poster
norville555

Remember to photograph the whole car before handing back in, lease … Remember to photograph the whole car before handing back in, lease companies are always trying to make people pay for damage which isn't there! I didn't think you had to service lease cars. If it does say that in your agreement just ask local garage to do minor oil service change and stamp the book.

yes true will take several pictures with a current newspaper in each of the photos proving the date.

think the majority of leases require servicing , just how many is the unknown

thanks
peanuted

Just checked that and it says please refer to the manufacturers manual … Just checked that and it says please refer to the manufacturers manual and adhere to their guidelinesvery vague

If it doesn't hit 30k when you hand it back, don't service it. Simple.
I phoned and enquired with my last one (was with a different company). My contract hire was 2 years and it needed a service each year.

They said that the services had a little grace period (1 month?) so as it gave them the chance to service it ,then I was well within my rights not to do the second service.

So I just did the first service after one year. Everything was fine with that.

The worst thing with the whole deal was the bunch of idiots who came to pick it up. Be very careful! They put a load of rubbish on the form and tried to get me to sign it without saying anything (the top half was covered by another sheet) - when I asked to see what I was signing the man got aggressive (had 4 more men with him). He eventually showed me and he had put damage on every panel. Obviously I questioned this and he showed me that where the doors shut the rubber seals had worn the paint slightly! I refused to sign so he said he would have to leave and I would be fined. I let him leave - 2 minutes later he was back with a form showing no damage to any panel which I signed and photographed before letting him leave. I phoned the contract hire company and put in a formal complaint. I never heard anything good or bad after that.
Edited by: "nbuuifx" 4th Mar 2014
Merc are notorious for finding faults with cars returned at lease end. Is Ling acting as a go-between with mercedes finance? If so make sure the cosmetic condition of the car is good and read the industry guidelines.
On the original point - you should follow the manufactures advice. But if it has a service indicator and this hasn't indicated a service is due you probably have a good argument for not having one done. If a service is required you don't have to have it done at a Mercedes dealer.
My wife and I leased a Mercedes and had trouble with the lease company (or their representatives) when we handed it back. They wanted money from us for damage that wasn't there. Don't sign anything that indicates even minor damage to panels/wheels/underside etc. Take photos of everything. Also don't forget that your lease agreement will allow minor damage commensurate with age and mileage.
We had enough evidence and eventually they backed off.
Seems lings is pretty common sense about returns, hat doesn't stop finance companies being **** though

lingscars.com/ret…pdf
Original Poster

yeah thanks for this....

Also read up on numerous mse forums and card forums on some tips. merc finance seems notorious for trying it on with it's customers come end of lease.

Apparently they frequently try to bill you with false damages at mercedes repair prices. But it seems as though they don't even bother with the repairs and in actual fact the cars are very quickly sold on through auction.

If you ask them for an independent review of the car and request vat receipts for they work that was done.

... all of which they can't fulfil as the car is out of their possession

dogwalker1

On the original point - you should follow the manufactures advice. But if … On the original point - you should follow the manufactures advice. But if it has a service indicator and this hasn't indicated a service is due you probably have a good argument for not having one done. If a service is required you don't have to have it done at a Mercedes dealer.My wife and I leased a Mercedes and had trouble with the lease company (or their representatives) when we handed it back. They wanted money from us for damage that wasn't there. Don't sign anything that indicates even minor damage to panels/wheels/underside etc. Take photos of everything. Also don't forget that your lease agreement will allow minor damage commensurate with age and mileage.We had enough evidence and eventually they backed off.

as for the servicing, this is still not clear.

would appreciate some others experience in the matter

thanks

Edited by: "peanuted" 5th Mar 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants