Groups

End of Continuous Play???

Just went on to their website and read the little message they put up and it seems that they have caught on to people exploiting their services. Some advice before people continue to buy faulty items from ebay.

Hopefully their policies don't change too much when they decide to come back.

being considerate :)...Original Sony Message:

***Dear Continuous Players, we set up this service ultimately to provide a fast, efficient and cost effective way to ensure that your experience with PlayStation 3 & PSP was as seamless and hassle free as possible. Unfortunately, some individuals have chosen to abuse this service and as a consequence we feel that we have no option but to suspend Continuous Play and postpone acceptance of new Continuous Play plans until further notice. We will of course honour existing customer's policies and look to amend the existing provision so that it is less vulnerable to exploitation. Sincere apologies

PlayStation Team***

16 Comments

yeah seen this mate

About time the abusers got caught, what did you expect, suprised they didn't cotton on early could of saved themselves so much money.

Original Poster

hopefully they still honour the genuine people ;), think i need it for my ps3

khy86;5585594

hopefully they still honour the genuine people ;), think i need it for my … hopefully they still honour the genuine people ;), think i need it for my ps3

Yeh ofc.:thumbsup: Can't see them doing it for the just signups.

They haven't taken money from me in a bit - does it auto cancel if you claim?

to be honest what did they expect, it was open to abuse, people signing up after their playstation went faulty and then getting a new one for a fiver

As the OP wasn't considerate enough to post the message, here it is:

Dear Continuous Players, we set up this service ultimately to provide a … Dear Continuous Players, we set up this service ultimately to provide a fast, efficient and cost effective way to ensure that your experience with PlayStation 3 & PSP was as seamless and hassle free as possible. Unfortunately, some individuals have chosen to abuse this service and as a consequence we feel that we have no option but to suspend Continuous Play and postpone acceptance of new Continuous Play plans until further notice. We will of course honour existing customer's policies and look to amend the existing provision so that it is less vulnerable to exploitation. Sincere apologiesPlayStation Team

continuousplay.co.uk/

Original Poster

OP editied. I think they will soon change their policies with regards to the free exchanges that they do aswell, not long now tbh.

Really the service just meant they could charge £5 pm for repairs that should have been offered for free under warranty. Good business move.

What is Continuous Play?

Banned

Tanchi;5586039

What is Continuous Play?

if the console broke down they replaced it for you

basically a £5 a month insurance policy

Original Poster

£5/month without needing an original receipt i thought...which was hugely exploited

lol there just asking to be abused

Banned

Adam2050;5585541

About time the abusers got caught, what did you expect, suprised they … About time the abusers got caught, what did you expect, suprised they didn't cotton on early could of saved themselves so much money.

lol from memory you always brought this "scheme" up on threads with faulty ps3's :whistling:

hncb0809;5586201

lol from memory you always brought this "scheme" up on threads with … lol from memory you always brought this "scheme" up on threads with faulty ps3's :whistling:

Yes when the guy wasn't trying to scam someone on here. I was always like why didn't you get it fixed under this? Searching for more information on the reasoning why it’s being sold. If it’s genuinely broke then I have no problem it’s when people buy them and they try and scam them by falsifying information.

Well if Sony and other console manufacturers offered a decent warranty it would cut out a lot. A 1 year warranty on expensive items eg in my case, I paid £454 for 1 ps3 near launch day and £429.99 for the other both out of warranty now and £££ down the drain now if either breaks. Was hoping to use CP if mine broke down.(yes somewhat dishonest) But I would take the stance Sony owe me. Rightly or wrongly.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814130
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285995
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523460
      4. What is there free to do in your town?611

See more discussions