Groups

End of FREE cashmachines across of the uk

Just to let you all know that the BANKS are seriously looking at ending any cashmachines which are currently free in the uk.What a blooming XXXXX how dare they as its our money they are using to make the interest on.
    Not sure what we can do about this if they all agree but if one keeps them free then i would defintly switch.
    Let me know what you can do or if your not bothered about it.
    Also cheques are gonna be phased out very soon as well as they say it costs them too much to process. grrr mr angry

42 Comments

link or source?

muffin247;6964188

link or source?

Indeed. :?

What about business cheques are they going to phase them out?

jaclec;6964207

http://www.sundayexpress.co.uk/posts/view/141727/Banks-threaten-ATM-charges

Oh free toothpaste. :w00t:

Banned

it'll never happen. everyone would go back to wiritng cheques / using debit cards for even very small amounts

and there would be huge queues in banks for cash withdrawals.

hunchback;6964213

Oh free toothpaste. :w00t:

Plus £5 off at Lidl's!

Banned

jaclec;6964207

http://www.sundayexpress.co.uk/posts/view/141727/Banks-threaten-ATM-charges

did you read the article? Typical Express BS.

Nowhere does any 'source' mention charging for an ATM. :whistling:

jaclec;6964217

Plus £5 off at Lidl's!

"End of free cashpoints" to get more people to buy the paper!

What do we get out of this ?

1) We as a tax payer Bail these banks out of Billions of so called debt
    2) The banks increase the payout of billions in bonuses
    3) And now the banks may be charging us to draw out money

So my question is What do we as a tax payer get out of this ?

csiman;6964218

did you read the article? Typical Express BS. Nowhere does any 'source' … did you read the article? Typical Express BS. Nowhere does any 'source' mention charging for an ATM. :whistling:

As you say it's probably nonsense, When you read unattributable quotes from "Industry insiders" and nameless Bankers. It's "Typical Express BS. "

busfan001;6964231

What do we get out of this ?1) We as a tax payer Bail these banks out of … What do we get out of this ?1) We as a tax payer Bail these banks out of Billions of so called debt2) The banks increase the payout of billions in bonuses3) And now the banks may be charging us to draw out moneySo my question is What do we as a tax payer get out of this ?

The banking bail-out cost every family in the UK £4 350 and now they're coming back for more, Isupose they have to pay the bonuses somehow.

telegraph.co.uk/fin…tml

busfan001;6964231

What do we get out of this ?1) We as a tax payer Bail these banks out of … What do we get out of this ?1) We as a tax payer Bail these banks out of Billions of so called debt2) The banks increase the payout of billions in bonuses3) And now the banks may be charging us to draw out moneySo my question is What do we as a tax payer get out of this ?

Free pens if they aren't chained to the counter. :thumbsup: :-D

Syzable;6964275

Yay! :w00t:

Syzable;6964275

+1 I think i will have to take some and try selling them to get some of my money back :thumbsup:

I dont use cash machines or cheques anyway, everything I do is with my debit card.

Banned

pinkleponkle;6964306

I dont use cash machines or cheques anyway, everything I do is with my … I dont use cash machines or cheques anyway, everything I do is with my debit card.

so you're the annoying person who always seems to be in fornt of me in the queue using a debit card for a sub £1 purchase! :-D

so you never use cash? :w00t:

Wouldnt want to get in a round down the pub with you lol

Yup...it's true.

They're ending free cash machines...The Sunday Express said so.

Oh, look...Christmas is also cancelled in Cumbria...I'll tell the kids...

Cheques have been being phased out for a long while now, started with the high street, supermarkets etc not taking them. I cant see them becoming totally obsolete, a lot of buisness's (es?) run on them. They will probably want to push people towards using bank transfers more though and using this as scare tactics. Does make you think how reliant we become to certain things, like shock horrorr if a shop doesn't do cashback. me personally I think they should bring back bank books, I loved my little blue halifax one :oops:

csiman;6964310

so you're the annoying person who always seems to be in fornt of me in … so you're the annoying person who always seems to be in fornt of me in the queue using a debit card for a sub £1 purchase! :-Dso you never use cash? :w00t:Wouldnt want to get in a round down the pub with you lol

Very rarely do I use cash, unless I have done a plumbing/heating job that pays me cash. Never pull it out of the wall, and I dont do sub £1 purchases I always boost my spending up to a fiver with padding for the thing I wanted in the first place and I am rapid at the till so I wouldnt hold you up.. Don't drink alcohol so you wont see me in a pub.

[SIZE=7]chaka kahn i lub chaka khan:oops:[/SIZE][SIZE=3]tell me i thunked it and not said it:oops:[/SIZE]

busfan001;6964231

Masses of cheap equity within banks that will probably be valuable in the long term causing profit for us, or in the worst case, avoiding absolute disaster as in Iceland. I thought it was obvious?

raptorcigs;6964505

[SIZE=7]chaka kahn i lub chaka khan:oops:[/SIZE][SIZE=3]tell me i thunked … [SIZE=7]chaka kahn i lub chaka khan:oops:[/SIZE][SIZE=3]tell me i thunked it and not said it:oops:[/SIZE]

Rappy, are you ok mate?

raptorcigs;6964505

[SIZE=7]chaka kahn i lub chaka khan:oops:[/SIZE][SIZE=3]tell me i thunked … [SIZE=7]chaka kahn i lub chaka khan:oops:[/SIZE][SIZE=3]tell me i thunked it and not said it:oops:[/SIZE]

I lubbed her too, in her hay-day :thumbsup:

deek72;6964744

Rappy, are you ok mate?

IM FINE DEEK HOPE YOU ARE TOO:thumbsup:

pghstochaj;6964676

Masses of cheap equity within banks that will probably be valuable in the … Masses of cheap equity within banks that will probably be valuable in the long term causing profit for us, or in the worst case, avoiding absolute disaster as in Iceland. I thought it was obvious?

okay, but why are the banks saying they have massive profits ? Should they not give some back ?:oops:

Banned

csiman;6964310

so you're the annoying person who always seems to be in fornt of me in … so you're the annoying person who always seems to be in fornt of me in the queue using a debit card for a sub £1 purchase! :-Dso you never use cash? :w00t:Wouldnt want to get in a round down the pub with you lol

Why not? if you carry cash you've the chance of losing it or being mugged. If its at a restaurant I offer to take everyone's money then pay on my credit card to get the airmiles 8-) I don't lie about it to them. Next day I go in and cash all the money. Though I do get money out for the pubs.

besides I don't see why I should bank roll the feckless idiots who went or go overdrawn!

Banned

busfan001;6965211

okay, but why are the banks saying they have massive profits ? Should … okay, but why are the banks saying they have massive profits ? Should they not give some back ?:oops:

Because they have a responsibility to share holders...they sold parts of their company to share holders who were expecting their investment in the bank to GROW. If they don't make a profit then the share holders LOSE money, they lose interest and take their investment elsewhere leaving the bank with very LITTLE money to work with :thumbsup:

lumoruk;6965281

besides I don't see why I should bank roll the feckless idiots who went … besides I don't see why I should bank roll the feckless idiots who went or go overdrawn!

I think it's the overdrawn that cover the banks costs for those than don't. The bank earns nothing from those that are always in credit.

busfan001;6965211

okay, but why are the banks saying they have massive profits ? Should … okay, but why are the banks saying they have massive profits ? Should they not give some back ?:oops:

I am not sure how I can answer your question, either you're being silly and do understand how business works, or you genuinely don't.

The government is effectively a shareholder, profits are provided as dividends if the board sees fit, that's how a market economy works.

Which banks have massive profits? RBS certainly doesn't which is the prime example of a "bailout".

pinkleponkle;6965312

I think it's the overdrawn that cover the banks costs for those than … I think it's the overdrawn that cover the banks costs for those than don't. The bank earns nothing from those that are always in credit.

Of course they do, they give us 1% for our money and then loan it out at 1+x% to either the government, other governments, private companies or private individuals (etc.).

What a load of rubbish.......if you can remember the Govt and the Link network reached an agreement years ago.

Tabloid press propoganda lol :roll:

link.co.uk/atm…sh/

They have adopted the common sense approach.....perhaps the Express readers should too :whistling:

Syzable;6964275

or even if they are

Banks can do this if they want. I never use the scam boxes anyways.

Banned

dontasciime;6965671

Banks can do this if they want. I never use the scam boxes anyways.

aren't you too young to have a cash card anyway? :?

lumoruk;6965844

aren't you too young to have a cash card anyway? :?

Serious : ?

Original Poster

in the times today they are reporting at banks looking at charging £2.50 per withdrawl now what are gonna do about it?

Never gonna happen, I'd be putting penny sweets on my card if it did.

Doesn't bother me as i never use cash :P

Banned

as said before, it will never happen. Can you imagine what would happen to the first bank that announced this?

I know most Brits are generally dumb in that they stick with the same bank, utility company, politicial party regardless of price / service but this would cause huge numbers to finally get off their backsides and switch bank.

The inertia of most people I know is amazing.

An ATM at a petrol station round my way only allows free transactions to customers of that bank, all others get charged £1.50 or so. Maybe all banks will adopt this sort of approach?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I would not recommend anyone to buy tickets in viagogo33
      2. HP Instant Ink 4 month trial setup?1827
      3. Are the free antivirus any good?55
      4. Disney descendants duvet22

See more discussions