End of Lease Inspection Query

Found 29th May
Hi guys,

So I have a vehicle on lease due to go back mid-June and is getting an inspection carried out in accordance with the BVLRA guidelines.

I'm wondering if anybody has had any experiences with the inspectors, who I believe might be from the BCA but I'm not certain about that.

I've had dents PDR repaired but some are ever so slightly noticeable if you've seen the dents prior but to any stranger they are difficult to pick up on.

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
PDR repaired? sorry mate can you explain
Reason I ask is that I am considering leasing but its the inspection part that scares me!
romeospadre2 m ago

PDR repaired? sorry mate can you explainReason I ask is that I am …PDR repaired? sorry mate can you explainReason I ask is that I am considering leasing but its the inspection part that scares me!

Paintless dent repair.
romeospadre3 m ago

PDR repaired? sorry mate can you explainReason I ask is that I am …PDR repaired? sorry mate can you explainReason I ask is that I am considering leasing but its the inspection part that scares me!

Paintless dent repair
i recently returned my lease car and was worried about it, as i had to have the footwell carpet repaired, and had a large chip in one of the alloys. Went back with out a problem, the carpet repair was a very good job but was noticeable to myself as i knew where the damage had been. I guess all you can do is get it inspected and hope it goes ok.

Have you looked into how much the lease company charges for repairs? just so you know the worst case scenario?
I think end of lease inspectors are 'over-ogred'. In my experience they aren't too bad, they don't seem to be looking to fleece you. Remember you are allowed some wear and tear defects.

No real point in worrying, just wait and see.

'but to any stranger they are difficult to pick up on.'

They aren't any old strangers, they're end of lease inspectors

Btw, is it one of my Golf Rs? They're due to be going back around now?
Edited by: "deeky" 29th May
sparxuk2 h, 38 m ago

i recently returned my lease car and was worried about it, as i had to …i recently returned my lease car and was worried about it, as i had to have the footwell carpet repaired, and had a large chip in one of the alloys. Went back with out a problem, the carpet repair was a very good job but was noticeable to myself as i knew where the damage had been. I guess all you can do is get it inspected and hope it goes ok.Have you looked into how much the lease company charges for repairs? just so you know the worst case scenario?

Haven't actually asked them. I was thinking they might tipple on that I have damage if I ask for the list of charges
deeky2 h, 25 m ago

I think end of lease inspectors are 'over-ogred'. In my experience they …I think end of lease inspectors are 'over-ogred'. In my experience they aren't too bad, they don't seem to be looking to fleece you. Remember you are allowed some wear and tear defects. No real point in worrying, just wait and see.'but to any stranger they are difficult to pick up on.'They aren't any old strangers, they're end of lease inspectors Btw, is it one of my Golf Rs? They're due to be going back around now?

Hahah you raise a fair point, just praying taking the cheaper of paintless dent repair rather than a fill + respray doesn't come back and bite me in the ar... I wish it was, missed out on that Golf R deal by days!
Edited by: "calum.c" 29th May
calum.c29th May

Haven't actually asked them. I was thinking they might tipple on that I …Haven't actually asked them. I was thinking they might tipple on that I have damage if I ask for the list of charges Hahah you raise a fair point, just praying taking the cheaper of paintless dent repair rather than a fill + respray doesn't come back and bite me in the ar... I wish it was, missed out on that Golf R deal by days!

Oh yeah I wouldnt call and ask them, I just thought there may be some info online, I know most of them have standard fixed charges for certain types of damage, pistonheads may be a good place to ask, someone may have had experience with your particular lease company
Can you please let us know how you get on in mid June and also the brand of car ( I assume its the manufacture rather then the agents arranging the inspection)
thanks
romeospadre1st Jun

Can you please let us know how you get on in mid June and also the brand …Can you please let us know how you get on in mid June and also the brand of car ( I assume its the manufacture rather then the agents arranging the inspection)thanks

Hi romeospadre,

Manheim, a vehicle auction and inspection services company came and inspected the vehicle, on behalf on my lease company.

I decided to leave the dents and take any fines that I may have gotten. However, when the man arrived to inspect the car, he simply spent 15-20 minutes taking photos and examining it inside out and gave me a printed report with his findings and pointed them out to meet on the car. To my surprise, all he declared as unfair wear and tear was a scratch/nail scape on the BMW boot badge and issued my with a report/bill to the tune of £25.

Overall, I'd say I'm overly impressed. The guy was brand new, did a detailed inspection but was fair in his comments, and didn't believe the dents and a poorly repaired door chip were unfair wear and tear and actually said I made his life easier for the last job on a Friday afternoon. Apparently most cars are in a right nick... He did mention that I'll probably ever see the bill from my lease company for the badge as it's something so minor it's not worth chasing.

Yep, over the moon
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants