End of phone contract question

Found 9th Jul 2010
Wondered what happenes to a mobile contract once it expires and you do not renew. Does it automatically turn into a paygo sim or does it switch off(no signal)

7 Comments

unless you cancel it, you will be on a rolling monthly contract.

If you tell the phone company that you don't want to continue with the contract, the SIM switches off. (no signal)

Original Poster

robjamuk

If you tell the phone company that you don't want to continue with the … If you tell the phone company that you don't want to continue with the contract, the SIM switches off. (no signal)

are you 100% sure on that?

I cancelled my Orange contract on the 23rd June, The SIM says no signal and the phone number has a dead tone.

Original Poster

I cancelled mine 6 months ago. Ive since mis placed where i put the sim. I dont know why but out the blue i decided to ring it. And it rings. Thought was abit strange, Nobody ever answers it though. Could they of passed it onto a new customer already? or is there a fault somewhere?

Once cancelled a number goes into a 'hold pot' for 6 months. After that its becomes available for reissue but its it's unlikely to get reused for a year.

Did you get a final bill ? Did you tell them you wanted to cancel and not just move the number to payg ?

If you dont cancel, it turns into a monthly contract and you can cancel at any time.
When you cancel, you can simply cancel the contract and the simcard will be disabled or you can request that they move it to pay as you go (so you get to keep your number).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's the best used laptop I can get for £180?25
    2. Android TV box help?33
    3. Issue with Quidco referrals not tracking22
    4. Best phone for spec- canada and uk?11

See more discussions