Endowment Maturity

7
Posted 26th Mar
We have a unit linked endowment which is due to mature exactly one month from today. Obviously, due to the current situation, it is not doing well at the moment. Do we redeem it now, or do you think it may improve in a months time?
I appreciate no one knows this for definate, but would be interested in other peoples opinion who may know more than we do!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I'd ask the endowment company if it was possible to leave the investment for a longer term.
Personally I'd claim it now, after keeping an eye on our pensions that have lost Many thousands in the past few weeks I'd think it would continue to drop significantly in the next month. I Highly doubt it will increase in value in the next month BUT I am Not an expert it's just what I'd do in your situation. Good Luck
yorkie1226/03/2020 08:47

I'd ask the endowment company if it was possible to leave the investment …I'd ask the endowment company if it was possible to leave the investment for a longer term.


Unfortunately they won't let me, but thank you for your comment
nightshadeUK26/03/2020 09:11

Personally I'd claim it now, after keeping an eye on our pensions that …Personally I'd claim it now, after keeping an eye on our pensions that have lost Many thousands in the past few weeks I'd think it would continue to drop significantly in the next month. I Highly doubt it will increase in value in the next month BUT I am Not an expert it's just what I'd do in your situation. Good Luck


Thank you, I have never tracked my investment and was quite shocked to realised the value had dropped significantly. Thank you for your comment.
endowment policies have a final terminal bonus, which can be a significant amount. does your policy state a terminal bonus?
mutley126/03/2020 09:50

endowment policies have a final terminal bonus, which can be a significant …endowment policies have a final terminal bonus, which can be a significant amount. does your policy state a terminal bonus?


We had a terminal bonus on ours too, 18 months before it was due to finish I asked for a summary and forecast of what difference it would make if I waited and they said none as we were already in the bonus phase. (Thats is Not to say each case is the same) We cashed it in and paid of the mortgage early and banked the rest. Best feeling in the world knowing we now own the house.
I would take it as cash when it matures and then self invest in a stocks & shares ISA. Each of you can invest £20k a year tax free. Research where to spread the money (I use a mix of funds via Hargreaves Lansdowne). Markets will improve one day, so drip feed your money from cash to funds over the coming months and long term you should be fine.

If however you'll definitely need the cash for something over the next 5-10 years, then ignore everything I've said........
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text

    Discussions

    Discussions

    Top Merchants