Groups

Energy saving, is anyone with E on or EDF Energy?

Iv just done a comparison with my energy provider Southern energy (prepayment meter), spending £1296 per year on just electricity (we have no gas) . The one that tops them all is E-on and it saving me £392.45 a year changing to Direct debit or i can stay with prepay meter and save £231.58 from EDF energy

has anyone heard any good reports on them etc as iv never heard of EDF energy

10 Comments

im with E-ON but i have a gas and elec meter pre-payment on both the elec is fine but i find the gas expensive!
    a added bonus is every time you top up you get tesco points

I get elec and gas from e on, they were cheapest in our area. We pay £75 a month dd for a 3 bed house family of 4 with me at home using heat and elec during the day. That see's us through the year and we get clubcard points. Think it is usually cheaper to pay dd instead of pre pay, but could be wrong.

Original Poster

Yeh it is cheaper paying DD, altho i just read that Dual fuel isnt always cheaper

im with them for both gas and electric. i have a pre pay electric meter and a gas meter, where i pay for the bill when it comes in. i compared the prices that they are charging now to when i joined them 2 years ago. when i got back up off the floor and dusted myself off i phoned the customer service and was told that they werent the cheapest but they were not the dearest. i went onto uswithch or whatever its called to try and compre with no luck whatsoever. overall im paying nearly double the cost from a few years ago!!!

Original Poster

is that with Eon leecroft?

I have a normal credit meter on EDF, not direct debit though - too much hassle as they can take too much. I prefer paying quarterly

saxo_appeal;4781203

is that with Eon leecroft?

yes with Eon

Saxo have you tried Ebico, run as a not for profit organisation and no extra charges for prepayment meters or direct debits etc

I'm with Eon for both gas and electricity. Best power company I've dealt with
    You are right though when you say dual fuel isn't always cheapest. I could have saved a few quid going with separate companies but I was too lazy.
    Don't forget to go through a cashback site if you change online

Original Poster

tonyd19565;4781726

Saxo have you tried Ebico, run as a not for profit organisation and no … Saxo have you tried Ebico, run as a not for profit organisation and no extra charges for prepayment meters or direct debits etc

never thot of that one:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      2. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33

See more discussions