Energy Suppliers

Found 20th Nov 2017
Can anybody recommend an energy supplier for gas and electric?

I have spent many years aboard and since moving back to the UK
have not had to pay for gas and electric as the cost has been included in my
rent. I will soon be moving into a new house that has not been lived in for
over a year and will need to arrange the gas and electric.

I can’t use a comparison site as I don’t have the usage, don't even know the suppliers they had. I
will also only be living in the house on average 10 days a month and there is
only me in the house.

I suppose I will maybe just have to ring for there rates but
would have like to just look them up online.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Try First Utility
Sign up to Money saving experts energy club and it should let you estimate costs by house size etc - obviously yours will be lower if your only there half the time. Then compare the top results by looking at the cost rates..

May well be best for you to go somewhere with very low standing charges as your likely to have very low usage, so pay more per unit but less fixed fee per day
Edited by: "winifer" 20th Nov 2017
+1 for Money Saving Experts
Thank you all for your replies i will try these out and see what happens,
First estimate useage, then use uswitch to get comparison
winifer20th Nov

Sign up to Money saving experts energy club and it should let you estimate …Sign up to Money saving experts energy club and it should let you estimate costs by house size etc - obviously yours will be lower if your only there half the time. Then compare the top results by looking at the cost rates..May well be best for you to go somewhere with very low standing charges as your likely to have very low usage, so pay more per unit but less fixed fee per day

Second the opinion on aiming for a lower standing charge.

My own switch from British gas to Sainsbury's was based on similar thoughts as I have a newer and more energy efficient home with smart thermostat and solar panels installed. Which leads to lower energy use.

Also look at the houses EPC rating to gauge better how much energy you may end up using for the 10 days you'll spend in there.
MrsAndMrsChadha2 h, 21 m ago

Second the opinion on aiming for a lower standing charge. My own switch …Second the opinion on aiming for a lower standing charge. My own switch from British gas to Sainsbury's was based on similar thoughts as I have a newer and more energy efficient home with smart thermostat and solar panels installed. Which leads to lower energy use. Also look at the houses EPC rating to gauge better how much energy you may end up using for the 10 days you'll spend in there.

Thank you i must admit i never thought of checking the EPC rating
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants