Groups

Energy Surveyors...what do they do ??

Have some Energy Surveyors coming round tomorrow and was just wondering what they do....

11 Comments

Banned

drink your tea and sell you a new energy supplier, suggest your turn down your heating, and use energy saving lightbulbs, sell you loft insulation and cavity wall stuff and turn stuff off at the wall at night.

Assess where in your home you're expending unnecessary energy and provide potential ways for you to address it.

Banned

Survey your energy?

Original Poster

Well i kinda gather that they are looking for energy loss but the council are sending them out because we have put in a right to buy application so was just wondering what excalty they do when they come out.....If they find anyplace where the heat or energy is escaping do the council come to fix it or do they deduct it off the cost of the house ?

zeus9876;8404609

Well i kinda gather that they are looking for energy loss but the council … Well i kinda gather that they are looking for energy loss but the council are sending them out because we have put in a right to buy application so was just wondering what excalty they do when they come out.....If they find anyplace where the heat or energy is escaping do the council come to fix it or do they deduct it off the cost of the house ?

Now you've given the relevant information...it will probably be for the house valuation, as a home report is probably getting done which includes an energy survey.

Its part of the home information pack - all propertes have to be assessed. They check things like loft/wall insulation, what materials the walls are built from, the model of the boiler (to check its efficiency), double glazing and whether you have energy efficient light bulbs. If you want a have a more energy efficient house for the report replace all your light bulbs - think it makes a difference of 5% or something.

Original Poster

so if we have more energy efficient light bulbs would this make a difference on the house price ?

zeus9876;8404728

so if we have more energy efficient light bulbs would this make a … so if we have more energy efficient light bulbs would this make a difference on the house price ?

Probably not - most people don't pay much notice to the energy report - unless it was really bad. If you were selling the house then I would do anything you can to improve the report but as you are buying I wouldn't do anything to improve the report.

Banned

zeus9876;8404728

so if we have more energy efficient light bulbs would this make a … so if we have more energy efficient light bulbs would this make a difference on the house price ?

yep, it adds about £1 to the value, as the lightbulbs cost about £1 for 5....

Original Poster

jubbyme;8404848

yep, it adds about £1 to the value, as the lightbulbs cost about £1 for 5 … yep, it adds about £1 to the value, as the lightbulbs cost about £1 for 5....

hehe

Original Poster

Ok thanks for the input...off to watch flash forward now

nite all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044549
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047161
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767399
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28107

See more discussions