Groups

Engagement Rings best place to buy

Hi there I am looking for advice on the best place to buy an engagement ring

not looking to spend lots - well around 1k-1.3k mark if poss can anyone suggest a good place to buy - looking for a heart shaped diamond ring

has anyone had any dealings with this place

stevenstone.co.uk

its not for Xmas but maybe January time

38 Comments

I've bought from Beaverbrooks before and they've always been pretty good.

Banned

The Jewelry Quarter in Birmingham

And the further you go from the shops in the middle the cheaper it gets.

You can design your own custom ring including setting,diamond etc within your price range at qualitydiamonds.co.uk

I second the jewlery quarter in brum. Got my wife's engagement ring there got a very good deal at Marlows

I may be a bit biased on this one, but how about a truly unique ring from a top designer in Oregon of Oregon Sunstones. As the name suggests you can only get these in Oregon.

I bought my wife a necklace for our 15th anniversary, and to say she liked it would be an understatement.

Karla Proud Oregon Sunstones

Forgot to mention she does ship to the UK.
    Edited by: "Infinitesd" 14th Dec 2016

I bought from I Do Now I Don't, but it's a lot less attractive now the £ has crashed against the $. Hatton Gardens in London is a good starting point, otherwise I've heard good things about Blue Nile.

Look at local independent jewellers, they tend to have better quality rings for the same price as h samuel and such. Just a word of warning, double check what style she (im assuming) likes - my partner bought me a triple stone one and has since changed it for a simple single stone ring

You can usually save around 95% on engagement rings by setting up a romantic movie night with the ring's prospective recipient watching Blood Diamond (2006).

I used 77 Diamonds (online but they have a showroom). Service was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Can't recommend them enough. They shipped in the exact diamond I wanted after helping me decide which would suit best. Service was so good we bought our wedding bands from them.

do not use blue Nile. they use shoddy practices and the certificates issued do not always match the rock you get. steer very clear. they don't offer best prices either.

for heavens sake make sure the design is one she likes as she is the one who will have to wear it.

Albarose

Used a great local jewellers for mine. Wedding band made to my design at Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham. Both were excellent options.

Second hand shop.

agree make sure you try some on first for style, I wanted a square,, ended up with a round because it just didn't look right on my finger.

Argos (_;)

Snakeyes646

Argos (_;)

Do they still do their finest Elizabeth Duke? oO

Original Poster

it will prob have to be online sorry should have mentioned that

box of christmas crackers. you're bound to find one in there. or the old nail through the finger classic. mind you, giving your other half a cracker ring might result in a real nail through your finger!
    joking aside - good luck!

Depends if you want quality.
    Pawnbrokers usually have fantastic jewellery at really good prices and a good jeweller can re size and polish it to make it look like new

Original Poster

tasape

Depends if you want quality. Pawnbrokers usually have fantastic … Depends if you want quality. Pawnbrokers usually have fantastic jewellery at really good prices and a good jeweller can re size and polish it to make it look like new

I want it to look decent but would rather brand new

Original Poster

MrStar

I used 77 Diamonds (online but they have a showroom). Service was … I used 77 Diamonds (online but they have a showroom). Service was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Can't recommend them enough. They shipped in the exact diamond I wanted after helping me decide which would suit best. Service was so good we bought our wedding bands from them.

is this reputable company?

I don't understand why people need to pay so much money for a ring to prove their love , surly asking someone to spend the rest of their life with you should be enough.

Diamonds are a huge ripoff, they are common and overpriced, spending so much on a ring that has no value is a retailers dream.

Spend £200 on a different kind of stone (diamonds are overpriced monopolized common trash) that looks even nicer than a diamond, then buy something worthwhile with the £1,000 you'll have left over, new furniture, towards house down-payment etc.

shedboy66

I wondered that as well at first which is why I went into their showroom. But they are totally legit and diamonds come certified and valued. I would recommend making an appointment and going in to their showroom because they will teach you what you need to know so you can make an informed decision.

Nothing wrong with buying second hand jewellery, they keep fine and don't usually get damaged (don't buy if damaged) and are hugely discounted. The second you buy a new diamond from a shop the value drops by a crazy amount anyway, so if you want good bang for your buck, buy second-hand - lots of people are too much of a snob to buy used, so there is a nice selection available.

Another for Argos, save money now....

shedboy66

I want it to look decent but would rather brand new

I would still take a look.

Original Poster

MrStar

Thanks for the info they have some nice choices on their site I wondered … Thanks for the info they have some nice choices on their site I wondered that as well at first which is why I went into their showroom. But they are totally legit and diamonds come certified and valued. I would recommend making an appointment and going in to their showroom because they will teach you what you need to know so you can make an informed decision.

Just a thought mu local jeweller makes items ie rings and bangles etc try a small independent
    Jeweller and just ask them. You could design it yourself and make it something really special and unique.

Dubai the gold and diamonds are quite good there

Buy pre owned ., get a lot lot more for your dosh .. Ok ok takes the romance out of it a bit , but lots of decent stuff pre owned .

3 months salary is traditional cost isn't it?

Drooler

3 months salary is traditional cost isn't it?

I believe that "rule" was started by De Beers!

shedboy66

Absolutely, my wife's wearing two rings from them and I'm wearing one. Great quality.

darkknight32

I second the jewlery quarter in brum. Got my wife's engagement ring there … I second the jewlery quarter in brum. Got my wife's engagement ring there got a very good deal at Marlows

I'd suggest Marlows too, good deal and good costumer service when the ring needs polished.

Worth taking a look at Ernest Jones, great selection and great service. Bought my other halfs engagement ring and various other pieces of jewellery from there and can't fault them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Parcel Hero weight adjustment58
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854
      3. I want some backless loafers for men33
      4. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)510

See more discussions