Engineer visit when joining BT?

Found 12th Dec 2017
I've just come to re-join BT as I changed to them from Sky last month, and I have to have an engineers visit and had to choose a date? Is this normal?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
switched from sky to bt last month in london and had no eng visit
mattmerch14 m ago

switched from sky to bt last month in london and had no eng visit

Did you have to choose an appointment date? They make it sound like you're having an engineer visit your home...
Just choose the earliest available date that you are going to be in on and see what happens.

If you need an engineer visit, you need an engineer visit.

It's not unheard of, depends what's changed since you last had BT.
just chose earliest date for activation and got modem/router in the post day before
why are you worried about an engineer visit ?
mattmerch13 m ago

just chose earliest date for activation and got modem/router in the post …just chose earliest date for activation and got modem/router in the post day before why are you worried about an engineer visit ?

Because I'm barely in weekdays!
Didn't have a visit when we moved from talktalk to BT, they just sent a new router via Royal Mail and we agreed a change over date. Do you have to pay extra for an engineer to visit ? To be fair the BT website dies say you might need an engineer to install, but that seems odd if you have only just left them, I would query it with them to find out why they need to visit.
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 12th Dec 2017
tinkerbellian10 m ago

Didn't have a visit when we moved from talktalk to BT, they just sent a …Didn't have a visit when we moved from talktalk to BT, they just sent a new router via Royal Mail and we agreed a change over date. Do you have to pay extra for an engineer to visit ? To be fair the BT website dies say you might need an engineer to install, but that seems odd if you have only just left them, I would query it with them to find out why they need to visit.

It just told me to choose a date/time during the online order for the engineer.
Are you going from BB to fibre or did you have fibre with sky.
caverncity6 m ago

Are you going from BB to fibre or did you have fibre with sky.

I had Fibre with BT, now with Sky.

The order is for Fibre and phone.
Edited by: "superfreddy" 12th Dec 2017
Here's a screenshot

32713238-DQcRE.jpg
It doesn't mean it's to your house it's probably to the exchange. A engineer is always booked but not necessarily to your home, you should have been told if it's to your house or exchange
I paid £60 for an engineer visit, booked the day they didn't come. I rang for my £60 back and was told it would have been to the exchange to check and if all ok which it was there was no need to visit me. The £60 still applied.
Sky operate LLU, so it could just be the system checker didn't receive all the info required, so to be cautious a engineer is booked, chances are they won't need to visit but it's better safe than going without service.

You personally don't have to be there for the visit, anyone over the age of 18 yrs old is fine.
It's an issue their end. They can't seem to get an order live for me and they have no idea why?!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants