Deleted

81 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I saw someone online elsewhere saying that the laser pen looks fake Aside from the outcome, which is great for England and I have no grudge about, the FANS should take a long, hard look at themselves.

Booing another country's national anthem, letting off fireworks and using a laser pen - these people are an embarrassment and didn't deserve to have a ticket.

We are just out a pandemic - you'd think compassion and gratefulness would be uppermost on their minds, but nope, some still have to act like morons. (edited)
    What a load of bs this is the first time in a major tournament that England have had the luck rather than it going against us and now everyone’s bitching about it!
    Denmark played so dirty and they were lucky that more penalty’s weren’t given as they just mowed through our squad with constant fouls 😡
    andyanddiane08/07/2021 14:09

Strange you commented when you no nothing and are uninterested in …Strange you commented when you no nothing and are uninterested in football??? Why even read about this if they was true

You don’t have to be interested in Football to read breaking news. If you’re only reading the news based on your interests, then that’s how echo chambers are formed and is how people become misinformed about many different issues within the country.

More specifically, these fans are representing our country. Their behaviour is a reflection as to who we are as a country. That affects us all regardless of whether someone has an interest in Football or not. They have made us look bad.
    Im pretty sure he saved the penalty
    Should disqualify England and move final elsewhere..,
    mode_10108/07/2021 20:24

..they'll get thumped by Italy. England always get the easiest draws. …..they'll get thumped by Italy. England always get the easiest draws. What was the best team they beat at the World Cup 2018? - Colombia. What is the best team they've beaten at the Euros?...a German team that had been mostly written off beforehand. Had England had France, Italy, Portugal, Spain or Belgium in the group stage, they wouldn't even be in the last 16, let alone the final. It's unbelievable that England is ranked no. 4 in the world.

1) If England lose a group stage game, they did it to get an easier draw
    2) If England win a group stage, they did it to get an easier draw
    3) All teams that we play are the weakest ever in history
    4) Hate England and must troll again soon

Topped the group
    10 Goals
    1 Conceded
    0 Loses
    0 Suspensions
    Beat 2018 World Cup finalists
    Beat Germany 2.0
    Beat a quality Danish team
    Consecutive major tournament Semi Final
    First Final since 1966
    Best defence in the tournament
    Great morale in the camp.

Hate all you like, we're in the Final.
    mode_10108/07/2021 20:46

Comment deleted

Like I said to someone else, if you are running at speed and you get knocked chances are that momentum would bring you down. He go knocked and went down. I didn't think it was a pen either but we should have had one earlier, so karma.

But if you are crying about diving then why are you supporting the Italians? They are probably the worst for diving lol. I hear Imobille is still laying down after his horrific injury the other night.
    Par for the course for some English fans.

As much as I want us to win on Sunday, these types of fools are going to be unbearable if we do and sully a major sporting achievement.

On the plus side, the Daily Mail probably has a weeks worth of divisive headlines already lined up.
    B0ne508/07/2021 14:17

Booing isn't an offence. Laser pen did nothing to put keeper off. He saved …Booing isn't an offence. Laser pen did nothing to put keeper off. He saved it. And fireworks really. Uefa are just salty like Welsh and Scottish. England are enjoying living rent free in there heads. Will get worse Sunday.

The booing is an offence. The use of the laser pen is an offence regardless of the outcome. Same with the fireworks. These are all rules agreed when signing up to the league.

45144097-0hHOx.jpg
    Don’t like the rules. Don’t join. Simple as that. They agreed to them so have to deal with the consequences of it.

Perhaps if the fans in this country grew up, then none of this would be happening.
    deleted188882308/07/2021 16:55

It was never a penalty in the first place. Stirling is a cheating diving …It was never a penalty in the first place. Stirling is a cheating diving so and so and the lot of them should be kicked out of all competitions

Cry some more.
    As a neutral being Welsh I have to say this whole tournament has been great.

Well done to Denmark and Switzerland for putting up such good games in this Euros. I didn’t have a problem with the fouling by the Danes because that’s what some teams do to slow the game down and good teams rise above it and work out ways to beat them. Personally I think it wasn’t a pen for Sterling, but then I think the Kane challenge should of been a pen so it sort of evens it’s self out.

Yes, England have had a good tournament in that most of there games they played at Wembley and the fixtures have been kind to them, but you can only play what fixtures you are given.

England have only conceded one goal (I think!!) and so well done to them and I think Southgate has got a bit of flack for being to defensive when some of the football they have played has been very good. It looks like he as an England manager is finally playing players who can do a job for him rather than just big names at big clubs.

Shame to see the biting on here and people critical of others. Don’t worry, after going through last winter just happy to see such great football games and to be honest out of England and Italy both have done well so whoever wins will of deserved to.

In regards to some of the idiot fans, they should be banned for life and heavy fans. I think it would be unfair to the team and the 95% of fans who went and watched live or on TV and behaved themselves.
    DigitalKnight08/07/2021 13:10

What a load of bs this is the first time in a major tournament that …What a load of bs this is the first time in a major tournament that England have had the luck rather than it going against us and now everyone’s bitching about it!Denmark played so dirty and they were lucky that more penalty’s weren’t given as they just mowed through our squad with constant fouls 😡

So you think its acceptable to use a laser pen in this manner do you? Something that could potentially have blinded someone. I get it I really do, if someone had done that to me in that situation I certainly wouldn't want anyone what so ever to look into or or actually be seen trying to do something about it.
    deleted7595308/07/2021 13:25

the booing at every touch also wasnt needed

It's absolutely embarrassing. Same as grown men bullying a young German kid who was crying. I genuinely don't care so much about winning like this. I feel sorry for the team and the decent fans having some fools supporting them.
    deleted7595308/07/2021 13:51

whatever they did it would need to be a good one to get that distance.

Pretty sure they (idiots) used to shine them at landing passenger planes somewhere and the pilots were complaining. They are very bright.
    deleted12428008/07/2021 13:29

But if someone hadn't just pointed a laser into his eyes maybe he could hav …But if someone hadn't just pointed a laser into his eyes maybe he could have caught the ball or controlled it better rather than dropping it to the players feet?I don't know, I'm uninterested in football so didn't watch and have no idea how good the original save was or anything.

Strange you commented when you no nothing and are uninterested in football??? Why even read about this if they was true
    I don’t agree with the booing of the national anthem, and certainly not the laser pointer. But apart from the pointer, the English supporters antics are pretty mild compared to other teams supporters.
    I also expect many ‘supporters’ at these big games aren’t really that bothered about football really.
    Some clarity and critical thinking required: Nobody's bitching that England won, they're calling out inappropriate behaviour from fans who are tarring a country's reputation.

I have no idea if laser pens can damage a person's eyes, but those excusing or trying to downplay it are just as bad, and part of the problem.
    andyanddiane08/07/2021 14:09

Strange you commented when you no nothing and are uninterested in …Strange you commented when you no nothing and are uninterested in football??? Why even read about this if they was true

Well, I 'no' how to spell 'know'.
    I am interested in society and politics.
    Sorry, I don't understand your second sentence.
    Biddy208/07/2021 15:59

I thought my previous comment was pretty clear that it’s an offence under U …I thought my previous comment was pretty clear that it’s an offence under UEFA’s rules but I guess it wasn’t to them. As if questioning my Englishness wasn’t bad enough (I was born here many years ago as were my parents) but to think we were talking about the Police getting involved in booing. Well… I don’t think they literally meant everyone. Just those throwing the excuses in the air and trying to defend the behaviour of the fans.

People are actually defending that moron with the laser pen? Sad.

What a load of bs this is the first time in a major tournament that …What a load of bs this is the first time in a major tournament that England have had the luck rather than it going against us and now everyone’s bitching about it!Denmark played so dirty and they were lucky that more penalty’s weren’t given as they just mowed through our squad with constant fouls 😡

Did you see a different game? England fans are an utterly disgrace and that's why Scotland, Wales and NI hope you sink 10:0 in the final. (edited)
    louiselouise08/07/2021 13:15

I saw someone online elsewhere saying that the laser pen looks fake …I saw someone online elsewhere saying that the laser pen looks fake Aside from the outcome, which is great for England and I have no grudge about, the FANS should take a long, hard look at themselves.Booing another country's national anthem, letting off fireworks and using a laser pen - these people are an embarrassment and didn't deserve to have a ticket. We are just out a pandemic - you'd think compassion and gratefulness would be uppermost on their minds, but nope, some still have to act like morons.

niconelove08/07/2021 13:02

Im pretty sure he saved the penalty

But if someone hadn't just pointed a laser into his eyes maybe he could have caught the ball or controlled it better rather than dropping it to the players feet?

I don't know, I'm uninterested in football so didn't watch and have no idea how good the original save was or anything.
    mode_10108/07/2021 20:13

what about the England team? Denmark robbed by Raheem Sterling's penalty …what about the England team? Denmark robbed by Raheem Sterling's penalty dive. I hope they get thrashed by Italy in the final.

What about foul on Kane which was a penalty which we never got? What about Denmarks goal from free kick which should never have been Denmark player dives to win free kick? Sterling's was not a pen for me it was soft but he got contact and went down like 99% of all players from every country would have done, Back the Italians you will be backing the worst team in the world for divers but its not really about that is it your just a bitter salty person with a hatred for the English.
    There was no penalty kick "laser" incident, quoting from Schmeichel himself:

Speaking to Danish media following the defeat at the hands of England, Schmeichel said "I did not experience [the laser pen] on the penalty kick because it was behind me on my right side."

What is perhaps more disappointing is he said it was happening in the second half and he warned officials about it. (edited)
    The laser pen I disagree with, that should never of happened. But booing and disruptive behaviour during a national anthem so what. Really people need to stop being so …..

it’s not as if we are still running round the stadiums. Like the 80’s and early 90’s…
    Booing isn't an offence. Laser pen did nothing to put keeper off. He saved it. And fireworks really. Uefa are just salty like Welsh and Scottish. England are enjoying living rent free in there heads. Will get worse Sunday.
    groenleader08/07/2021 12:55

When the final whistle blows the match is over. The ref could have stopped …When the final whistle blows the match is over. The ref could have stopped it earlier!Will they ban lasers for the next game?

They are already banned, obviously. Also banned are firearms, grenades, katanas and ninja-stars. Oh, and flamethrowers.

Both were equally doing fouls.
    All i'm going to say is if England were knocked out by another team doing this there would be a outcry and riots.......because it's England everyone will ignore it or say nothing should happen.
    deleted7595308/07/2021 13:25

That's football and banter. The whole point of having home and away games is that you have an advantage due to the crowd cheering you on and trying to make the opponent team uneasy. (Obviously it's pretty lucky that the games have been mainly played at Wembley giving us a slight advantage)

I agree that National Anthems shouldn't be booed, but England fans aren't the only ones that have been doing it this Tournament.

The person who was shining the laser should be banned from attending games though. Disgusting behaviour.
    Westwoodo08/07/2021 15:54

All i'm going to say is if England were knocked out by another team doing …All i'm going to say is if England were knocked out by another team doing this there would be a outcry and riots.......because it's England everyone will ignore it or say nothing should happen.

Denmark didn't lose to a pen. They got the lead by scoring a free kick that was never a free kick. Then scored an own goal. Denmark should of lost 1.0 via own goal in the 90mins they was lucky to see extra time. Can't cry about one thing being unfair when it happened to the other team in same match.
    It was never a penalty in the first place. Stirling is a cheating diving so and so and the lot of them should be kicked out of all competitions
    Lots of Denmark supporters on here Hot UK deals lmfao
    Buckyball08/07/2021 20:08

Did you see a different game? England fans are an utterly disgrace and …Did you see a different game? England fans are an utterly disgrace and that's why Scotland, Wales and NI hope you sink 10:0 in the final.

At least we got to a final though. Carry on crying haha.
    Booing isn't an issue beyond it being against UEFA rules. I'm more concerned about the ref literally ignoring the laws of the game itself to ensure England got through. What exactly is the point of VAR?
    Being English and living in Scotland, I was initially pretty shocked at the anti English sentiments that surfaced during international tournaments. It was particularly weird given that growing up, playing Scotland was never a game of any interest, rather the big games were against Germany, France, Etc. As the years have passed, it's always been evident that a lack of education and the anti English sentiment go hand in hand. As for any suggestion that it's banter, after 35 years of exposure to the numpties, I can guarantee its far, far removed from banter. Unless of course you also think that the vitriol between Celtic and Rangers is banter.
    No
    This is UEFA we are talking about. They will fine England. Heavily. Money is all that matters to UEFA
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants