England World Cup 2018 Squad announced

Found 16th May
Pretty young squad...

ENGLAND SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Butland, Pickford, Pope

Defenders: Walker, Trippier, Alexander-Arnold, Stones, Cahill, Jones, Maguire, Young, Rose

Midfielders: Dier, Delph, Henderson, Loftus-Cheek, Lingard, Alli, Sterling

Forwards: Kane, Rashford, Vardy, Welbeck

2940686.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
.Yoshi.16th May

Who does Pope play for Never even heard of him.

Vatican City
33 Comments
will they make it out of the group stages
i feel like our midfiled is weak
whatyadoinsucka1 m ago

will they make it out of the group stages

Let's hope so....
deleted1315437
Rooting for Henderson, Cahill and Kane to take lead roles for this one! Most of these boys will need disciplining. Come on England!
2014 was a tough group, 2018 they are average opponents so really shouldn't be any excuse not to get through the group stage at least.

Stand by list, not sure what business Livermore has being on it.

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana is one of five players on standby for the tournament, along with Burnley keeper Tom Heaton, Clarets defender James Tarkowski, Bournemouth's Lewis Cook and fellow midfielder Jake Livermore of West Brom.
Edited by: "Richard_Richard" 16th May
Not being particularity clued up I english football of late, by why no Milner? Thought he was great for Liverpool in the games i seen.
STRICKIBHOY4 m ago

Not being particularity clued up I english football of late, by why no …Not being particularity clued up I english football of late, by why no Milner? Thought he was great for Liverpool in the games i seen.

He retired from internationals iirc.
Richard_Richard3 m ago

He retired from internationals iirc.

Ahh, that'll do it lol
.Yoshi.16th May

Vatican City
Meekin843 m ago

Vatican City

I should have seen that one coming
Moyes to be announced as new England Manager as England fail at the World Cup group stage.

At his first press conference he announces Allardyce as his deputy and that all England games will be played in Glasgow.
During the ensuing melee a drooling Moyes is wrestled off stage by security whilst Allardyce is sworn in as the new gaffa whilst wearing a kaftan and claiming to be a sheikh.
"And one last announcement".
"A Gazza Hologram will be the figurehead for England's bid to host the 2066 World Cup in .."
"Glasgow"
"Moyes! Get that bloody oaf off the stage."
Maguire is utter trash. Far too slow for a international defender.

Loftus-cheek isn't at international level either.

Surprised to see Smalling left out, despite his late good form (and goals) for MU. Plus he's better than Maguire.

We're lacking a top class GK as well. Not a winning team here, but we can hope for the last 16.
J4GG41 h, 10 m ago

Maguire is utter trash. Far too slow for a international …Maguire is utter trash. Far too slow for a international defender.Loftus-cheek isn't at international level either.Surprised to see Smalling left out, despite his late good form (and goals) for MU. Plus he's better than Maguire.We're lacking a top class GK as well. Not a winning team here, but we can hope for the last 16.

Pope is the best of the three booked on the plane but I doubt Southgate will pick him, would have done if he was a Croydon Rovers player but coming from Burnley highly unlikely
Edited by: "Chasloyal" 16th May
unless iceland is in our group
J4GG41 h, 14 m ago

Maguire is utter trash. Far too slow for a international …Maguire is utter trash. Far too slow for a international defender.Loftus-cheek isn't at international level either.Surprised to see Smalling left out, despite his late good form (and goals) for MU. Plus he's better than Maguire.We're lacking a top class GK as well. Not a winning team here, but we can hope for the last 16.

Maguire is class and the future. Brings the ball out from defence and actually passes it forwards rather than the usual hoof ball. The rest of the squad however....pfft
Welbeck?

33808839-kiHCw.jpg
Chasloyal22 m ago

Pope is the best of the three booked on the plane but I doubt Southgate …Pope is the best of the three booked on the plane but I doubt Southgate will pick him, would have done if he was a Croydon Rovers player but coming from Burnley highly unlikely

Probably agree with that one. Southgate will stick with Pickford though I reckon.

The best English keepers based on form this season are:
1. Pope
2. Pickford
3. Butland
4. Foster

I personally prefer forster though. Who I think when playing, he is the best of the bunch. Messi says so too. He needs to leave southampton though.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 16th May
J4GG427 m ago

Probably agree with that one. Southgate will stick with Pickford though I …Probably agree with that one. Southgate will stick with Pickford though I reckon.The best English keepers based on form this season are:1. Pope2. Pickford3. Butland4. FosterI personally prefer forster though. Who I think when playing, he is the best of the bunch. Messi says so too. He needs to leave southampton though.

Because of their club colours and because of lots of off field history between our fans and theirs I am meant to hold a rather unpleasant grudge against Burnley I suppose but I never have for some reason.

Good traditional football club with history, a passionate loyal following drawn from its immediate catchment area so much to respect them for as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately because they're an unfashionable club from an unfashionable small town a long way away from the glare of the luvvie type overlords at the FA who Gareth serves so unquestionably their players will always find it much tougher breaking in to the team I don't care what anyone says.

I hope I'm proved wrong but I don't see Southgate giving Pope a game in Russia
Alli for most cards...
I was thinking Tom Heaton was still first choice keeper at Burnley. Shows how much attention I have been paying to football this season
.Yoshi.16th May

I was thinking Tom Heaton was still first choice keeper at Burnley. Shows …I was thinking Tom Heaton was still first choice keeper at Burnley. Shows how much attention I have been paying to football this season

He got injured early on for a few months and due to Pope's great form Heaton was kept out of the first team when he came back from injury. Can't really blame Dyche for rewarding Pope for his form while Heaton was sidelined, but I'm sure it will now cause a few headaches at Burnley as they probably have two goalkeepers who will more than likely be expecting first team football next season.

He's deservedly earned a place in the England squad for Russia, but I doubt he will feature. It will be great for his experience for him though.
Edited by: "RossD89" 16th May
Chasloyal1 h, 55 m ago

Because of their club colours and because of lots of off field history …Because of their club colours and because of lots of off field history between our fans and theirs I am meant to hold a rather unpleasant grudge against Burnley I suppose but I never have for some reason.Good traditional football club with history, a passionate loyal following drawn from its immediate catchment area so much to respect them for as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately because they're an unfashionable club from an unfashionable small town a long way away from the glare of the luvvie type overlords at the FA who Gareth serves so unquestionably their players will always find it much tougher breaking in to the team I don't care what anyone says.I hope I'm proved wrong but I don't see Southgate giving Pope a game in Russia

Yes, but Burnley are also a very British team, with a very British playing style. Pope has surprised me a lot, lets hope his 11 clean sheets gets him the start in the WC that he deserves...But like you say...I really don't see it happening.

Talking of outsiders, I'd even be tempted to name a....dare I say it.... a Brighton player in the mix...Glenn Murray, I think he's better than Welbeck at this moment in time.
RossD8920 m ago

He got injured early on for a few months and due to Pope's great form …He got injured early on for a few months and due to Pope's great form Heaton was kept out of the first team when he came back from injury. Can't really blame Dyche for rewarding Pope for his form while Heaton was sidelined, but I'm sure it will now cause a few headaches at Burnley as they probably have two goalkeepers who will more than likely be expecting first team football next season.He's deservedly earned a place in the England squad for Russia, but I doubt he will feature. It will be great for his experience for him though.

Definitely as I can imagine Heaton will want to add to his 3 caps he already has for England.
J4GG437 m ago

Yes, but Burnley are also a very British team, with a very British playing …Yes, but Burnley are also a very British team, with a very British playing style. Pope has surprised me a lot, lets hope his 11 clean sheets gets him the start in the WC that he deserves...But like you say...I really don't see it happening.Talking of outsiders, I'd even be tempted to name a....dare I say it.... a Brighton player in the mix...Glenn Murray, I think he's better than Welbeck at this moment in time.

Welbeck is the token goon in the squad seeing sick note has been left out, maybe including him was a farewell present to Wenger so he could feel better about one of his many transfer fails

Southgate talks about picking form players so we'll see how sincere he is by whether he picks Pope or not eh
A very Yorkshire side which is awesome =)

Pope

Walker cahill dier Young

Hendo alli

Sterling Rashford

Kane vardy
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 16th May
diggergraves4 h, 20 m ago

Maguire is class and the future. Brings the ball out from defence and …Maguire is class and the future. Brings the ball out from defence and actually passes it forwards rather than the usual hoof ball. The rest of the squad however....pfft

I think he has gone downhill since joining Leicester city.
.Yoshi.16th May

I should have seen that one coming

Burnley =)
33811298-lo2jB.jpg
deleted131543716th May

Rooting for Henderson, Cahill and Kane to take lead roles for this one! …Rooting for Henderson, Cahill and Kane to take lead roles for this one! Most of these boys will need disciplining. Come on England!

You're a spanker then kay?
deleted1315437
perrioli4 h, 17 m ago

You're a spanker then kay?

Ermm sure why not? Keeps them in check!
Wongy11016th May

[Image]

A fraction of the Cricket matches...
gcmarcal4 h, 16 m ago

A fraction of the Cricket matches...

Who mentioned cricket matches ?

If you want to get random how about the royal wedding ?
not even started yet.....

yet somehow already been on for decades seemingly ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants