England World Cup Draw

Found 1st Dec 2017
England have been drawn with Belgium, Panama and Tunisia in Group G at next year's Fifa World Cup in Russia.

Gareth Southgate's men will begin their tournament against Tunisia on Monday, 18 June (19:00 BST) in Volgograd.

They will then face Panama in Nizhny Novgorod on 24 June (13:00 BST) before playing top seeds Belgium four days later in Kaliningrad (19:00 BST).

bbc.co.uk/spo…903

I reckon there's a good chance to qualify out of the group stages this time round.
Only Belgium are a decent side in England's group IMO.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

I'm sure they will find a way to **** it up!

Good chance of winning the group if we play well against Belgium. Hard to see us not managing to reach the knockout stages.

It's England though, so I won't hold my breath.

Seems we should get out of the group but looking at the predicted route to the final on BBC2...

Well it’s not Iceland 🇮🇸

Usual..do well in the group and bye bye once the knock out stage starts.

Great to be in group g as the top two play really crap sides in the next round (Poland, Senegal, columbia or Japan)

I still can't get my head around why Poland are ranked the 6th best nation in the world!

Are we out yet?

chocci1 h, 1 m ago

Great to be in group g as the top two play really crap sides in the next …Great to be in group g as the top two play really crap sides in the next round (Poland, Senegal, columbia or Japan)I still can't get my head around why Poland are ranked the 6th best nation in the world!

I think I read somewhere that some countries are playing a lot more friendlies and they are taken into account in the fifa world rankings. I know we haven't been lighting the world on fire but I don't think we've been beaten for a fair while so I can't fathom how we are fifteenth?
Poland, Denmark and Peru are ahead of us lol.

I've got a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach that we're going to win it this time.

Maybe it's dysentery instead?

Its
stgeorge33 m ago

I think I read somewhere that some countries are playing a lot more …I think I read somewhere that some countries are playing a lot more friendlies and they are taken into account in the fifa world rankings. I know we haven't been lighting the world on fire but I don't think we've been beaten for a fair while so I can't fathom how we are fifteenth? Poland, Denmark and Peru are ahead of us lol.

Quite ridiculous really - just like fifa

chocci8 h, 28 m ago

Great to be in group g as the top two play really crap sides in the next …Great to be in group g as the top two play really crap sides in the next round (Poland, Senegal, columbia or Japan)I still can't get my head around why Poland are ranked the 6th best nation in the world!

Crap? Poland and Colombia have a better team on paper. Far better.

Rednirah3 h, 59 m ago

Lol. Clueless foreigner

Rednirah12 h, 37 m ago

Columbia aren't a bad team but Poland? I don't think they've ever beaten us so it's ridiculous that they are sixth in the world rankings and we are fifteenth.
No qualifying team is crap though but neither Poland or Columbia have a better team than us on paper, we have some cracking players in form at the minute but we've been here before so we'll have to wait and see.
If Kane, Sterling and Rashford alone bring some of their club form to the world cup we'll be in with a shout of a few good performances.
Southgate should give Pep a ring and ask him to whisper to the rest of the squad whatever he's been saying to Sterling.

Shame we can't just promote the u19's team, then we'd stand a chance. Our youngsters are clearly more passionate than the senior squad that look disinterested every time they play. It seems the FA are content with a boring clueless manager. He's a natural born loser. Loser mentality isn't going to win a World Cup.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions