England's Performance

Top comments
Great performance in the first half as we could’ve been 3-0 up. Poor performance in the second half and could’ve been 3-1 down by the 90th min. They were lucky in the first half as we were in second half. They showed pure class in E.T and Modric is something else, don’t think he had the ball taken off him once all game. Overall I’m guttered but not disappointed and I’m proud! Unlucky England, shame it wasn’t to be
Here come all the England haters and slaters. Im gutted but proud of the team, if you had said England were going to play in a World Cup semi final before the tournament started then you would have been laughed at. Great to see what the team have achieved and to bring a sense of togetherness in the country. Personally I think the only thing England are missing is someone like a Gazza or Peter Beardsley, someone who can play a killer pass and bring a bit more creativity to the tea
England didn't have a good tournament IMO. They only played 2 half decent teams, Belgium and Croatia, and lost both matches.
45 Comments
Edited by: "jamie015" 12th Jul
We shall see what happens on Saturday, there is a boopy prize up for grabs.
1 word, poor. They only scored with a free kick , same in the previous match.
But it was good for businesses as they sold 1000s of extra beer
Will not get an easier run again.
Great performance in the first half as we could’ve been 3-0 up. Poor performance in the second half and could’ve been 3-1 down by the 90th min. They were lucky in the first half as we were in second half. They showed pure class in E.T and Modric is something else, don’t think he had the ball taken off him once all game. Overall I’m guttered but not disappointed and I’m proud! Unlucky England, shame it wasn’t to be
alankfc0222 m ago

They might do.
They also might not need an easy run, since our performance was better than the previous world cups, so some believe we will continue to improve.
England didn't have a good tournament IMO. They only played 2 half decent teams, Belgium and Croatia, and lost both matches.
Glad I missed the match now, but at least i had £80 on a Croatia win, after my wife telling me that England had no chance.
They got beat off the only 2 good teams they played against(Colombia are OK but James wasn't playing).

However they are a pretty young team and i can only see them getting better for next time around.
chimp14uk20 m ago

England didn't have a good tournament IMO. They only played 2 half decent …England didn't have a good tournament IMO. They only played 2 half decent teams, Belgium and Croatia, and lost both matches.

columbia is decent, theres a reason why they qualified over chile, however columbia didnt have james rodriguez
If they hadn’t got deliberately beaten by Belgium to get the easy run they would have been home last week
Great young team showed more passion that any England team since 1966 so everyone slating can do one mate as you’re team didn’t even make the World Cup says a lot
Edited by: "Justsuperman" 12th Jul
chimp14uk1 h, 23 m ago

England didn't have a good tournament IMO. They only played 2 half decent …England didn't have a good tournament IMO. They only played 2 half decent teams, Belgium and Croatia, and lost both matches.

Semi final though
Scotland131442 m ago

If they hadn’t got deliberately beaten by Belgium to get the easy run they …If they hadn’t got deliberately beaten by Belgium to get the easy run they would have been home last week

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d never go hungry
They were disappointing as usual. Lots of hype for nothing.

I'm very annoyed that you lost to Croatia! England should have been in the final with possibly France. Croatia-Belgium has to be one of the worst potential finals ever.

Says a lot about how this cup has been.
Croatia and Belgium only got to this final stage because of the shortcomings of other teams rather than their own greatness.

If the usual favourites had played at their best, they would have never made the semi-finals. Not even Belgium. No matter what irrelevant FIFA rankings say.
Edited by: "hearts22" 12th Jul
jayonline8543 m ago

Semi final though

Could even get 3rd place still ! Bookies don't think so though.
Scotland13141 h, 36 m ago

If they hadn’t got deliberately beaten by Belgium to get the easy run they …If they hadn’t got deliberately beaten by Belgium to get the easy run they would have been home last week

You don't know that. One of the only certainties is that England got to the Semi Finals which was much farther than predicted before the comp.
hearts2236 m ago

They were disappointing as usual. Lots of hype for nothing. I'm very …They were disappointing as usual. Lots of hype for nothing. I'm very annoyed that you lost to Croatia! England should have been in the final with possibly France. Croatia-Belgium has to be one of the worst potential finals ever. Says a lot about how this cup has been. Croatia and Belgium only got to this final stage because of the shortcomings of other teams rather than their own greatness. If the usual favourites had played at their best, they would have never made the semi-finals. Not even Belgium. No matter what irrelevant FIFA rankings say.

Possibly France? Croatia-Belgium? Wtf?!
hearts2249 m ago

They were disappointing as usual. Lots of hype for nothing. I'm very …They were disappointing as usual. Lots of hype for nothing. I'm very annoyed that you lost to Croatia! England should have been in the final with possibly France. Croatia-Belgium has to be one of the worst potential finals ever. Says a lot about how this cup has been. Croatia and Belgium only got to this final stage because of the shortcomings of other teams rather than their own greatness. If the usual favourites had played at their best, they would have never made the semi-finals. Not even Belgium. No matter what irrelevant FIFA rankings say.

Have a great day.
OneGloveOnTheFence19 m ago

Possibly France? Croatia-Belgium? Wtf?!

Shows how clued up they are ;).
.MUFC.15 m ago

Shows how clued up they are ;).

It’s like claiming Nottingham Forest and Leeds are a harder draw In the FA Cup because they are a bigger club than Man City - it’s not the 80s/90s - the reason those countries were in the semis are because they were the best In the World Cup. End of....

Germany were awful and went Home. Sweden were a harder route than through Germany. If Germany was a “harder” route they would have been through.
hearts221 h, 19 m ago

34325667-LoUad.jpg
Justsuperman2 h, 26 m ago

Great young team showed more passion that any England team since 1966 so …Great young team showed more passion that any England team since 1966 so everyone slating can do one mate as you’re team didn’t even make the World Cup says a lot

Still drunk from last night i assume?
Justsuperman2 h, 37 m ago

Great young team showed more passion that any England team since 1966 so …Great young team showed more passion that any England team since 1966 so everyone slating can do one mate as you’re team didn’t even make the World Cup says a lot

I think Gazza might beg to differ He still hasn't recovered.
Here come all the England haters and slaters. Im gutted but proud of the team, if you had said England were going to play in a World Cup semi final before the tournament started then you would have been laughed at. Great to see what the team have achieved and to bring a sense of togetherness in the country. Personally I think the only thing England are missing is someone like a Gazza or Peter Beardsley, someone who can play a killer pass and bring a bit more creativity to the tea
We did very well but if you get away from the hype from the media and the commentators and look at last night the words from Three Lions would be ringing in your ears, we were not creative enough simple as that, no width, everything had to go back to Pickford, even a throw in from near the box did wasted opportunities. Felt for Danny Rose, fresh legs on the left and lets play it to the right, every time he got the ball it was in the box and that didnt happen many times. Deli was poor, Kane just wasn't on song.

Young side and hopefully Euro 2020 will be their torment however the issue there will be expectation, this time there wasnt any, next time......
34327639-XATOX.jpg
CoeK3 h, 24 m ago

Still drunk from last night i assume?

I didn’t drink, just the truth. played amazing and Pickford was world class
Justsuperman15 m ago

I didn’t drink, just the truth. played amazing and Pickford was world class

Ok
34328121-LGaIr.jpg
This sums it up for me
Scotland13146 h, 33 m ago

We shall see on Saturday for the evidence
danzab20 m ago

[Image] This sums it up for me

Simply put, believe it or not, proud or not,unity or disunity, win or lose, every four years they have to play football for a couple of weeks and then come home, trophy or not.
Edited by: "splender" 12th Jul
Can't believe anyone would have a go at the England team.

Need to remember just a couple of weeks ago they were being written off before a ball was kicked. Not rated in top ten, host of teams including Peru, Poland and even Switzerland all rated higher, teams like Germany, Brazil, Argentina and Spain all expected to do much better than England - even Denmark were expected to do better than England - BUT ENGLAND OUT-PERFORMED THE LOT OF THEM!

OK, they had a chance of going further, but it was amazing they got this far. No matter what happens now they are in the World's top four - and if they can beat World Number 3 Belgium on Saturday they can jump into the World's top three teams; not bad for a team written off as too young and inexperienced.
splender25 m ago

whose home ?

Don’t know because no one said when it’s coming home
jayonline8510 m ago

Don’t know because no one said when it’s coming home

perhaps 2022 in Qatar, maybe book with Qatar Airline and hotel
alankfc029 h, 0 m ago

There was nothing easy about it.

Just because they didn't come up against any big names doesn't mean they didn't come up against good teams - the big names were beaten by better teams, and it was those better teams that England came up against.

The way knock-out tournaments work is teams play each other with the better teams knocking out the lesser teams until eventually the best team wins, it's unlikely that the worst teams will ever win - in fact, the worst teams usually get knocked out as the tournament progresses.

In this tournament over 200 teams entered, the best of them qualified to compete against 31 other top teams, eventually the best of the 32 got whittled down to the four best teams - and the England team were in that four - NOT an easy thing to achieve.
Edited by: "tryn2help" 12th Jul
chimp14uk8 h, 59 m ago

Maybe some peeps would have been more impressed with opposition names like Italy, Chile, Holland or Cameroon, etc, but none of those 'big names' were good enough to qualify for this World Cup - they were beaten by teams some folks consider less than half decent.
tryn2help27 m ago

Maybe some peeps would have been more impressed with opposition names like …Maybe some peeps would have been more impressed with opposition names like Italy, Chile, Holland or Cameroon, etc, but none of those 'big names' were good enough to qualify for this World Cup - they were beaten by teams some folks consider less than half decent.

They are prejudiced and biased.
Past form is not necessarily the current form.

The qualifiying rounds of 200+ nations already had finalised to the "best" 24 teams.

Perhaps, the weakest regions are the Oceania and "North, Central America and Caribbean" where Panama is.
splender47 m ago

They are prejudiced and biased.Past form is not necessarily the current …They are prejudiced and biased.Past form is not necessarily the current form.The qualifiying rounds of 200+ nations already had finalised to the "best" 24 teams. Perhaps, the weakest regions are the Oceania and "North, Central America and Caribbean" where Panama is.

Think Panama qualified alongside Mexico (wasted the Germans) and ahead of the USA (not easily beaten these days).

We're getting to the stage where there's no such thing as an easy game, almost every team is more than capable of causing an upset (and they do - more often than not).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants