Found 9th Mar 2010
I've been set as my coursework to choose some poems to compare.. I've narrowed it down to comparing how the poet see's his/her father in the poem ( something along those lines) and was wondering which of seamus Heaneys poems refer to his father?
I may also do it along the lines of something to do with nature in which I'll probably use Seamus heaney and Ted Hughes, however, can anybody tell me which poems are about nature?
Cheers
Jack

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

I'd say you're choosing which poems to use in a bit of a funny way. Choosing poets and themes without knowing which of their poems cover those themes means you'll end up with two poems in which you're trying to find comparisons that aren't really there.

However - having said that, I just found this page which shows 6 poems between those two artists that both refer to hay...hayinart.com/001…tml

Digging - Seamus Heaney

Original Poster

I've found a couple by Seamus heaney.. and found some father ones by sylvia plath ( incidentally hughes's wife)

SirBargainsALot;8059856

I'd say you're choosing which poems to use in a bit of a funny way. … I'd say you're choosing which poems to use in a bit of a funny way. Choosing poets and themes without knowing which of their poems cover those themes means you'll end up with two poems in which you're trying to find comparisons that aren't really there.However - having said that, I just found this page which shows 6 poems between those two artists that both refer to hay...http://www.hayinart.com/001409.html

This.

Select your poems that share a common theme, then get comparing.

Original Poster

I've been told of these two themes, I just need to find the poems
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2557
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522871
    3. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.1017
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769487

See more discussions