Groups

English Poppies are Best

Was down in London the other week and picked up the first of many poppies I will collect (and subsequently lose) over the next week or two and I was gobsmacked at the quality and range of the poppies available.

There was little ones, big ones and even some for the car and fridge. They were adorned with pretty little green leaves and they even offered you a free pin. And when I say "they" I mean three pleasant and proud ex-servicemen.

I walk near Tower Bridge and there is a stall selling poppies and everywhere, everyone is wearing a poppie. And that was Oct 28th. Well done London

It is now Nov 4th and I have yet to see any poppies available in Glasgow (with or without leaves) annd I am ashamed at how few people can be bothered to remenber our fallen. Especially in Clydebank, where I live , that suffered as much as anywhere from German bombing.

7 Comments

I actually live in Hardgate and totally agree with you there. I have lost I dont know how many of the wee plastic crappy ones they sell - and there is no choice at all

And also agree that Clydebank suffered too with the Blitz

............sorry another thing. I regularly walk my dog over the Erskine Bridge and we went into the Erskine Hospital which for the benefit of others on here............is a place that cares for ex servicemen/women - and they had the same cheap poppies there too.

But I suppose at the end of the day the message is the same and we are showing our support whether it be a cheap poppy or more expensive looking one

Original Poster

bossyboots;6782452

I actually live in Hardgate and totally agree with you there. I have … I actually live in Hardgate and totally agree with you there. I have lost I dont know how many of the wee plastic crappy ones they sell - and there is no choice at allAnd also agree that Clydebank suffered too with the Blitz

Small world.:thumbsup: Hardgate too (although closer to Faifley). Wife is from Duncombe (just off Cochno)

I know WDC has a war memorial but I walked along Sylvania way tonight and didn't see one poppy. Shameful

stevieglesga;6782546

Small world.:thumbsup: Hardgate too (although closer to Faifley). Wife is … Small world.:thumbsup: Hardgate too (although closer to Faifley). Wife is from Duncombe (just off Cochno)I know WDC has a war memorial but I walked along Sylvania way tonight and didn't see one poppy. Shameful

wow it is a small world - am the one who falls out the Doublet singing Wig Wam Bam:thumbsup:

(no I dont actually really drink there:giggle:)

bossyboots;6782521

............sorry another thing. I regularly walk my dog over the … ............sorry another thing. I regularly walk my dog over the Erskine Bridge and we went into the Erskine Hospital which for the benefit of others on here............is a place that cares for ex servicemen/women - and they had the same cheap poppies there too.But I suppose at the end of the day the message is the same and we are showing our support whether it be a cheap poppy or more expensive looking one

If your not happy with the quality ask for two for the price of one :thumbsup:

Original Poster

bossyboots;6782572

wow it is a small world - am the one who falls out the Doublet singing … wow it is a small world - am the one who falls out the Doublet singing Wig Wam Bam:thumbsup:(no I dont actually really drink there:giggle:)

No I should hope not. I live in the estate across from it and there a re a few choice customers who frequent it.

Would be too scared to walk my dogs-see pets thread further down- across Erskine bridge.

Fireworks a plenty in Hardgate tonight. my eldest is shaking like a leaf. So difficult not trying to calm her.

stevieglesga;6782642

No I should hope not. I live in the estate across from it and there a re … No I should hope not. I live in the estate across from it and there a re a few choice customers who frequent it.Would be too scared to walk my dogs-see pets thread further down- across Erskine bridge.Fireworks a plenty in Hardgate tonight. my eldest is shaking like a leaf. So difficult not trying to calm her.

My dog exactly the same. Got a sedative off Boyce the vet yesterday for tomoro night. I havent been to a fireworks display in ten years since I got my dog as she is soooooo traumatised by the fireworks.

Yes I can hear the fireworks as I type:roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55

See more discussions