Groups

Enquiry regarding chanGing ISP

Im hoping to change Internet service provider and was wondering when i get my MAC code, can keep the provider im on until my new service is connected, or will there be a wait when changing. Any advice on how to achieve a smooth transition would be great also!

AOL - BE There btw.

Thanks in advance.

JB

3 Comments

Banned

The whole point of a MAC is so the transitiion is seemless.

Using one will mean uninterupted service apart from 10 minutes or so when they pull the switch and reconnect.

PS - I hope you used a referral to BE and got a free month?

Good move BTW ;-)

Original Poster

Ive just noticed this message on be's info:Download Limit Notes If it?s felt that any Be customers's Internet activities are so excessive that other members are detrimentally affected, Be may give the member generating the excessive web traffic a written warning (by email or otherwise). In extreme circumstances, should the levels of activity not immediately decrease after the warning, Be may terminate that member?s services.

I download quite alot esp on AOL, will i be o.k?

Banned

jaybizzle;1534398

Ive just noticed this message on be's info:Download Limit Notes If it?s … Ive just noticed this message on be's info:Download Limit Notes If it?s felt that any Be customers's Internet activities are so excessive that other members are detrimentally affected, Be may give the member generating the excessive web traffic a written warning (by email or otherwise). In extreme circumstances, should the levels of activity not immediately decrease after the warning, Be may terminate that member?s services.I download quite alot esp on AOL, will i be o.k?

Its there to cover their backsides. They dont want people downloading 24/7 365 with a 24mb connection!

However, Ive not heard of ANYONE being hit. They are supposed to have a soft cap of 350GB - but have read of people who even excede that and carry on!

I could probably get away with the cheaper capped option these days - but every now and then push the boat out! I know Ive never come anywhere near that limit even when I'd class myself as a heavy user.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX33
      2. What do you feel happy about/grateful for today?53407
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231366
      4. What would be HELL to you?3254

See more discussions