Ensure milk

Found 4th Oct 2012
Anyone heard of these? My mum was given some by my cousin when she visited her in Australia and she wants to buy more as she says it has made her feel very fit and healthy.

Can you buy this in the UK?
Community Updates
Misc
28 Comments
HERE.
However you may need a mortgage to buy it...
Original Poster
g1bbuk

HERE.However you may need a mortgage to buy it...

saw that but a bit suspicious as they don't provide address of business or phone number for contact.
Original Poster
saw this when googling. anyone got any views?

uk.answers.yahoo.com/que…ESk
Edited by: "mutley1" 4th Oct 2012
There's ensure plus and ensure plus juice, ensure twocal, ensure fibre, ensure cans.

All available through chemists, all relatively cheap, not sure if they are for GSL or POM (perscription only).

But they are readily available over here.
All it looks like is a protein shake with added vitamins.
Tesco/asda should have some about and be able to tell you more at their pharmacy department.

Had a word with girls at work, turns out they appear to be P products (can be sold with a pharmacist on site).

Edited by: "olympians" 4th Oct 2012
Original Poster
olympians

Tesco/asda should have some about and be able to tell you more at their … Tesco/asda should have some about and be able to tell you more at their pharmacy department.Had a word with girls at work, turns out they appear to be P products (can be sold with a pharmacist on site).

excellent. will look into this.
Ensure plus which is 220ml (milkshake style) would set you back about £3.50 per bottle in tesco/asda.

Wish I could get more info but busy at work at the moment.
Original Poster
olympians

Ensure plus which is 220ml (milkshake style) would set you back about … Ensure plus which is 220ml (milkshake style) would set you back about £3.50 per bottle in tesco/asda.Wish I could get more info but busy at work at the moment.

not too bad as my other half drinks a bottle of wine with dinner and that is about a fiver to a tenner so £3.50 for a bottle of milk isn't too bad when put into context.
I'm getting one of the girls to grab one out of the warehouse.

And i'll confirm for you if it's gsl/p/pom (don't want you making a wasted trip on my info if its pom)
Original Poster
olympians

I'm getting one of the girls to grab one out of the warehouse.And i'll … I'm getting one of the girls to grab one out of the warehouse.And i'll confirm for you if it's gsl/p/pom (don't want you making a wasted trip on my info if its pom)

cheers for doing that. that is very kind of you.
mutley1

cheers for doing that. that is very kind of you.

No hassle can all be sold over the counter by the looks of things.

Ensure also do cans which are 250ml in vanilla, choclate and coffee flavours about £4 retail (Not sure if they are VAT excluded or not but that's including vat as an estimate)

220ml plus comes in, banana, blackcurrent, choclate, coffee, caramel, fruits of the forrest, neutral, orange, peach, strawberry and vanilla.

Also do it in savoury flavors like chicken, and mushroom.

Also juicy flavors like, apple, fruit punch, lemon&lime, orange, peach and strawberry. (all these variants of plus should be able £3.50)

Also do a slightly more fibrerous one in 200ml also at about £3.50 in banana, chocolate, rasberry, strawberry and vanilla.

Also do a creme desert which should retail around £13.23 for 4 pots.

And an ensure plus yogurt which comes in a couple of odd flavours for about £3.50 for a 220ml.

Hope I've been quite helpfull and hope where ever you end up going for it doesn't bleed you dry as the prices I've listed are the standard 80% retail mark up on trade prices.
Original Poster
cheers olympians.
are you getting this info from tesco or asda?
I work for their (as in both asda/tesco and superdrug and sainsburies) supplier for pharmaceutical products, So I just checked our trade prices and add the 80% they generally do to cover their overheads.

I know lloyds would 99% sure sell at those prices, as we own them.
Edited by: "olympians" 4th Oct 2012
Yeah just confirmed price with one of our Lloyds chemists, its about £3 if vat isn't included.
this is a complete food replacement item, originally intended for those that had problems digesting normal food like stomach cancer victims etc be careful as it can be very fattening to a normal healthy person lol
Neither of us know whether it's effected by the recent addition of vat to dietary suppliments.

But at the moment it's showing as VAT free to me.
maddogb

this is a complete food replacement item, originally intended for those … this is a complete food replacement item, originally intended for those that had problems digesting normal food like stomach cancer victims etc be careful as it can be very fattening to a normal healthy person lol

Aye same realms as fortisip and nutrini.

Original Poster
olympians

I work for their (as in both asda/tesco and superdrug and sainsburies) … I work for their (as in both asda/tesco and superdrug and sainsburies) supplier for pharmaceutical products, So I just checked our trade prices and add the 80% they generally do to cover their overheads.I know lloyds would 99% sure sell at those prices, as we own them.

does that mean that superdrug pharmacy would also stick this?
Original Poster
maddogb

this is a complete food replacement item, originally intended for those … this is a complete food replacement item, originally intended for those that had problems digesting normal food like stomach cancer victims etc be careful as it can be very fattening to a normal healthy person lol

yes, i did note that so i will warn my mum.
her problem is that she has very poor appetite and so loses a lot of weight which makes her feel lethargic. so this does the trick but i will need to warn her not to overdo the drinking as she will end up overweight!
mutley1

does that mean that superdrug pharmacy would also stick this?

Superdrug may stock it if it's a branch with a pharmacy.

If they haven't got in stock should be able to get it for next day from us, or if early doors in a day (am) could be in by that afternoon.
mutley1

yes, i did note that so i will warn my mum.her problem is that she has … yes, i did note that so i will warn my mum.her problem is that she has very poor appetite and so loses a lot of weight which makes her feel lethargic. so this does the trick but i will need to warn her not to overdo the drinking as she will end up overweight!

These are quite filling, and full of most of the things you need, but they aren't truely a good replacement for a balanced and healthy diet.
Mutley tell your mum if she needs these she should see the doc and they can prescribe? my son has nutrini and had a variety of things over the years. If she needs calories there are also recipe booklets..nutrini makes excellent muffins!!!
Original Poster
plumberman01

Mutley tell your mum if she needs these she should see the doc and they … Mutley tell your mum if she needs these she should see the doc and they can prescribe? my son has nutrini and had a variety of things over the years. If she needs calories there are also recipe booklets..nutrini makes excellent muffins!!!

would a doctor prescribe these?
mutley1

would a doctor prescribe these?

Only if you are actually underweight, or have serious medical condition which affects your appetite. E.g. cancer These should only really be prescribed after dietician assessment.

Nurses as well as Drs are prescribers.

I thought these were prescription only.
they are prescribed if you're underweight. You can buy nutrini im sure tho..
fools and their money
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions