Groups
    EXPIRED

Entering New York on a passport that was issued in November 2005 - please help !!!!!

I was wondering if any kind members could help me on my problem, im visiting New York in April as a suprise for my hubbys 30th, the trouble is I keep hearing about your passport having to be issued by a certain date (machine readable) which I think mine is. Mine was issued in Nov 2005 so will that be ok or do i have to apply for a visa as well.

Many thanks for all the help in advance

7 Comments

Hi there
    My hubbys was issued in 2002 and we have been to america 2002, 2003, etc - every year to now so you should be ok.

Mine was renewed in 2003 and that's been fine for NY

Your fine, they are talking about more information needed for the future none of "this" legislation that will be impact has been passed yet.

Its around Visa's etc... but dont worry about it at the moment!

Enjoy your trip

You'll be fine. My passport (5 years old) is still fine.

You won't need a Visa either - but you will need to fill in a card when you arrive!

Original Poster

thanks guys for all the advice, roll on april and the big apple xx

you just need to make sure your passport has the machine readable numbers and chevrons at the bottom below the photo

Just back from NYC and my passport was issued in 2000 so you'll be fine.

As already said,it just needs to have the machine readable type bar which it will have.

Enjoy your break :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions