Enterprise van hire?

Hi there!

We are moving very soon and looking at enterprise van hire as they seem cheapest. Just wondered about the damage waiver and whether it is worth paying or what your experiences of using enterprise for vans is like.

11 Comments

Yes 100% worth buying. You can never predict what can happen. Just remeber even if someone crashes into you, you have to pay the excess. With that you don't pay anything.

You can buy stand alone excess insurance from companies online, as I think enterprise waiver cost is £15 a day, a standalone insurance can be a lot less. I use it when I rent a car, is £1.29 a day which covers the whole excess £1000. With the enterprise cover you will still be left with the £250 excess.
Edited by: "stoneblade" 4th Feb

Have you looked into arnold clark van hire i managed to get one for 25 quid for the day. Half price at the moment too
Edited by: "ding" 4th Feb

I had a problem with them when my insurers used them to provide a loan car. They insisted on my credit card details and promised it was just for fines while I had the vehicle. After returning the car I found I was charged for a few days hire from my card without it even being mentioned.

Eventually my insurers refunded me direct but I wasn't happy.

Questor via MSE link and then code MSE2097 worked out about £5 or £6 a day for us. Van hire excess is usually more than car excess insurance. It's definitely worth getting. £15 outlay for 3 days against a potential £1050 excess payment.

whats crack with insurance when hiring a van,my mother's moving soon and I'd like to help but don't know if I need seperate insurance

ding

Have you looked into arnold clark van hire i managed to get one for 25 … Have you looked into arnold clark van hire i managed to get one for 25 quid for the day

I agree if you have Arnold Clark near you id use them, tonnes better than enterprise and a lot cheaper

we use nothgate for our van hire (or did before we bought our own van) might be worth a look. I terms of the excess waiver it depends on weather you want to take the riek or not. if its only a couple days hire i would take it but we hire for 28 days at a time and purchased our own 3rd party excess insurance.

Try arguscarhire.com they were £20 cheaper for a van for me! Called AC originally and asked for their best price - they insisted the price on the website was the best they could do. Went through Argus and got it cheaper from AC!

Can also be done through Quidco to get a few quid back!

Budget coming out cheapest for me...around £27 for the largest van (Renault Master/Sprinter LWB)

Avoid enterprise, any little stone chip or scuff and you will be charged for it, if you do hire from them go over the van with a microscope to find chips, dings etc. because they will find something when you take it back. BE WARNED !!!!.
Try looking for a local van hire company.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just got Kodi now what?1124
    2. Which Smart Watch for Running?11
    3. Iptv33
    4. Boiler Question22

See more discussions