Groups

entitledto.com help

Have just gone through entitledto.com to work out how much we might be entitled to when my wife goes back to work, which appears to be exactly what we get now!!

Does it always work on what you earned in the previous year? As my wife worked for the whole of the previous year, meaning we are obviously entitled to less, but she's not working at all at the moment, so this is when we need the money.

Then when she goes to work and earns little (13 hrs p/w), the following year, when my daughter gets cheaper nursery costs, they will give us more. Madness!!

6 Comments

I filled in all the info on the tax credits site to find out what I could get if I get a job I'm going for and it didn't ask me any wages info, just details for last year, which I also thought was odd, must be how they do it.

Original Poster

Seems a bit crazy. Also if she works more, above 30 hours, from what i can gather she would get more money (working tax credit) is that right?

sancho1983;7754409

Seems a bit crazy. Also if she works more, above 30 hours, from what i … Seems a bit crazy. Also if she works more, above 30 hours, from what i can gather she would get more money (working tax credit) is that right?

I dont get tax credits now - but when I did - the assessment was always made on the previous years earnings. Yes it is a bit strange

sancho1983;7754409

Seems a bit crazy. Also if she works more, above 30 hours, from what i … Seems a bit crazy. Also if she works more, above 30 hours, from what i can gather she would get more money (working tax credit) is that right?

yeah i think you get a premium for working 30+ hours

working tax credit is payable if you work for 16 hours or more on a low wage, if you work 15 or less or earn too much!! not sure what the limit is you just get child tax credit.

Original Poster

Thanks to all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions