Entitlement or plain ignorance - part 2

Posted 3rd DecEdited by:"TobyZ"
You see me I'm driving towards you, you know it is a 30mph road, you are aware about the traffic and still don't give a damn and open the door.
3355159.jpg
... "special" people.

UPDATE: because of the ignorant top-voted messages, I'm forced to add here a selection of some of my replies.

gov.uk/gui…252
Rule 239
you MUST ensure you do not hit anyone when you open your door. Check for cyclists or other traffic

Please be more considerate for others and understand you are not alone. You may think you are special, but you are not.
If you see a car driving towards you, wait for it and then get in/ get out your car or whatever. Don't force others to make comproimisses for you.

That old "entitled" dear should stay at home or get educated. She was aware I was driving towards her direction, but because of too much entitlement she didn't give a damn.
You are speaking about safe gap; your own words are now against you. The safe gap is now measured NOT from her car, but rather from the extremity of the opened door + you have to take into account the person who is with the back at the traffic and you don't know if she is aware about this traffic.

I've seen dozens of cases when the entitled ignorant people consider you should take care of them and they can gamble your future. These include pedestrians, cyclists or the classic one: vehicles trying to overtake large trucks in small roundabouts. For a professional driver, especially if you drive a large lorry, I'm pretty sure these "people" are hell.

Try now explaining to all the pseudo-drivers (owners of a piece of paper they call driving licence) the risks they expose both themselves as well the other road users; but don't waste your time as they will never ever understand.

As an adult part of the society you MUST behave such that you do not interfere in a negative way with others around you, exception from this rule are young people and people with disabilities. If you feel attacked because at your turn you consider yourself "entitled", then I suggest you to change your views. You are not alone and it is essential to live such that you don't force others to make compromises for you
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Unless you're driving a lorry you should be able to fit through that gap - the door is about a foot into your lane and there should be plenty of room especially as the other car is almost driving in the gutter anyway
If you can't get through there, you need to take your test again

Hope you didn't have your mobile in your hand while driving
You can fit a bus through that gap
That might be the worse use of photographic evidence to illustrate a point in history.

nowt wrong there at all. Lorry, bus and even wide load can safely get through there.

these dash cam warriors as the worst drivers on the road.. they seem to be ready to capture “offences” like a Poundland social media batman... to expose these crimes... yet they are the nuisance themselves. When I’m cut up or someone is driving badly it’s always someone with a dash cam.

Ban them. The cams and the drivers with them (sorry dad)
84 Comments
Unless you're driving a lorry you should be able to fit through that gap - the door is about a foot into your lane and there should be plenty of room especially as the other car is almost driving in the gutter anyway
Is there a 3rd option of "able to judge available space"?
Does..does the discussion title refer to you?
Seriously why would anyone bother to post this? You are supposed to leave a doors width when passing a stationary car, the woman is clearly not further out than that. Op i think you have anger issues if this bothers you Wouldn't like to think how you'd cope driving in a city with cars double parked everywhere.
Edited by: "Azwipe" 3rd Dec
If you can't get through there, you need to take your test again

Hope you didn't have your mobile in your hand while driving
TobyZ03/12/2019 21:58

Comment deleted

Yeah mate I’ve opened my door to no effect on traffic plenty of times, that what you meant? That you deemed this such an affront that you posted it online is very worrying, you should probably get help before someone doesn’t hold a door open for you and you go on a murderous spree.
cona_200703/12/2019 22:04

Yeah mate I’ve opened my door to no effect on traffic plenty of times, t …Yeah mate I’ve opened my door to no effect on traffic plenty of times, that what you meant? That you deemed this such an affront that you posted it online is very worrying, you should probably get help before someone doesn’t hold a door open for you and you go on a murderous spree.

That's nice you've opened the door many times to no effect on traffic.
TODAY you can learn something new (in theory you should have already knew it):
gov.uk/gui…252
Rule 239
you MUST ensure you do not hit anyone when you open your door. Check for cyclists or other traffic
maccy1i03/12/2019 22:06

[Image]

do you know what was the purpose of those quotation marks ?
TobyZ03/12/2019 22:11

do you know what was the purpose of those quotation marks ?

I've stopped caring
TobyZ03/12/2019 22:08

That's nice you've opened the door many times to no effect on …That's nice you've opened the door many times to no effect on traffic.TODAY you can learn something new (in theory you should have already knew it):https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252Rule 239you MUST ensure you do not hit anyone when you open your door. Check for cyclists or other traffic

Alright, I was just here to point out how daft you are for posting it to be fair. You are clearly a massive weirdo so il just leave you to it, should probably just get out and say something to the person if you feel it is unsafe though. Yanno, rather than posting it online and having everyone tell you you’re wrong.
TobyZ03/12/2019 22:35

Comment deleted

Okay 5/7 and one of them is you. The other was a bloke saying something both sexist and ageist. Quite ironic you call me self important when you’ve posted about a minor inconvenience like it’s some kind of travesty blighting society.
Cakeboy7903/12/2019 21:32

Unless you're driving a lorry you should be able to fit through that gap - …Unless you're driving a lorry you should be able to fit through that gap - the door is about a foot into your lane and there should be plenty of room especially as the other car is almost driving in the gutter anyway

It is not a matter of space, but rather a safety issue for the person who opened the door.

MonkeyMan9003/12/2019 21:35

Without your reply I wouldn't have figured out. Thank YOU ! You made my day ...evening.

maccy1i03/12/2019 22:01

If you can't get through there, you need to take your test again Hope …If you can't get through there, you need to take your test again Hope you didn't have your mobile in your hand while driving

Look, something to read; it could be useful, sometime: gov.uk/gui…252
TobyZ03/12/2019 22:45

It is not a matter of space, but rather a safety issue for the person who …It is not a matter of space, but rather a safety issue for the person who opened the door.Without your reply I wouldn't have figured out. Thank YOU ! You made my day ...evening.Look, something to read; it could be useful, sometime: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252

I think you should have now realised after all these comments the bad driving is on your behalf. That old dear is doing nothing wrong and there is a tonne of space to get past and still leave a safe gap. Instead of quoting people the highway code which is pointless because the other car has done nothing wrong, maybe you should do a re test and think about your driving.
TobyZ03/12/2019 22:53

Comment deleted

Jeeez Toby, you’re a special guy, if you don’t care what people think may I suggest not posting it in ‘discussions’ .. you’ve been unable to rebut a single argument in this entire thread. And now I think your trying to claim it was a ploy to annoy people... when you’ve clearly arrived at your destination and gone through your recording and taken the trouble of posting it and then attempted to argue your point for an hour. What a jokester!
39248701-jyZYD.jpg
MonkeyMan9003/12/2019 22:57

I think you should have now realised after all these comments the bad …I think you should have now realised after all these comments the bad driving is on your behalf. That old dear is doing nothing wrong and there is a tonne of space to get past and still leave a safe gap. Instead of quoting people the highway code which is pointless because the other car has done nothing wrong, maybe you should do a re test and think about your driving.

That old "entitled" dear should stay at home or get educated. She was aware I was driving towards her direction, but because of too much entitlement she didn't give a damn.
You are speaking about safe gap; your own words are now against you. The safe gap is now measured NOT from her car, but rather from the extremity of the opened door + you have to take into account the person who is with the back at the traffic and you don't know if she is aware about this traffic.
MonkeysUncle03/12/2019 23:05

[Image]

Come on, make a little effort, in English or other language.
Edited by: "TobyZ" 3rd Dec
39248732-z7Mld.jpg
cona_200703/12/2019 23:01

Jeeez Toby, you’re a special guy, if you don’t care what people think may I …Jeeez Toby, you’re a special guy, if you don’t care what people think may I suggest not posting it in ‘discussions’ .. you’ve been unable to rebut a single argument in this entire thread. And now I think your trying to claim it was a ploy to annoy people... when you’ve clearly arrived at your destination and gone through your recording and taken the trouble of posting it and then attempted to argue your point for an hour. What a jokester!

cona_200703/12/2019 22:44

Okay 5/7 and one of them is you. The other was a bloke saying something …Okay 5/7 and one of them is you. The other was a bloke saying something both sexist and ageist. Quite ironic you call me self important when you’ve posted about a minor inconvenience like it’s some kind of travesty blighting society.

I don't care what you personally think or someone else, and you can't change it. We are 7 billion people; I'm pretty sure some will agree with me.
Edited by: "TobyZ" 3rd Dec
Bully03/12/2019 23:08

[Image]

Why do you think it backfired ? Because I don't have enough supporters ?
If the purpose of the thread was to hit a target, I'm pretty sure it made a mess until now; just read the comments.
TobyZ03/12/2019 23:09

I don't care what you personally think or someone else, and you can't …I don't care what you personally think or someone else, and you can't change it. We are 7 billion people; I'm pretty sure some will agree with me.

Right you are, just to be clear though, I personally think you’re a simpleton who has had his pants pulled down on a discussion board he must somewhat value the opinion of in order to post on. Have a nice evening Toby.
If you are going to open the door face incoming traffic so the incoming traffic knows you have seen them & are not going to fling the door wide open. A little acknowledgement that you are spatially aware & not mentally challenged.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 3rd Dec
I have made the effort to explain; if someone doesn't like it, you have to live with it.
Please be more considerate for others and understand you are not alone. You may think you are special, but you are not.
If you see a car driving towards you, wait for it and then get in/ get out your car or whatever. Don't force others to make comproimisses for you.
cona_200703/12/2019 23:16

Right you are, just to be clear though, I personally think you’re a s …Right you are, just to be clear though, I personally think you’re a simpleton who has had his pants pulled down on a discussion board he must somewhat value the opinion of in order to post on. Have a nice evening Toby.

It is your right to think whatever you want, similar for me and everyone else. We are different and it is good that we are not all the same. Everyday we learn something new. Today among other things we learnt that we are very different, with very different ways of thinking.
Well it looks like this isn’t the first time the OP has gone off on one over nothing.

hotukdeals.com/dis…133
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 5th Dec
OP sounds like a proper Victor

39249514-SvfKS.jpg
Haircut_10004/12/2019 02:44

Well it looks like this isn’t the first time the OP has gone off one over n …Well it looks like this isn’t the first time the OP has gone off one over nothing.https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/royalmail-the-usual-garbage-3179133

Lol. The op obviously has issues
@TobyZ

You said, "Entitlement or plain ignorance."

1. Are you asking for both you and the other person? Namely, are both of you entitled, or both of you plain ignorance?

2. Should someone gets hurt, both of you are in it, entitlement to a big mess and looked upon by insurance and police as plain ignorant.
Haircut_10004/12/2019 02:44

Well it looks like this isn’t the first time the OP has gone off one over n …Well it looks like this isn’t the first time the OP has gone off one over nothing.https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/royalmail-the-usual-garbage-3179133

Awesome to bring this in discussion. Yesterday, they lied again: one parcel appears to be delivered, while another has an attempt of delivery but no one was present. The evidence shows a RM car arriving at the address, then turing around and leaving.
chocci04/12/2019 06:23

Lol. The op obviously has issues

No more than you. At least I try to be responsible for my actions.
splender04/12/2019 07:40

@TobyZ You said, "Entitlement or plain ignorance."1. Are you asking for …@TobyZ You said, "Entitlement or plain ignorance."1. Are you asking for both you and the other person? Namely, are both of you entitled, or both of you plain ignorance?2. Should someone gets hurt, both of you are in it, entitlement to a big mess and looked upon by insurance and police as plain ignorant.

Sorry for driving on that road; next time I'm going to call first that entitled person to make sure I'm allowed.
TobyZ04/12/2019 07:45

Sorry for driving on that road; next time I'm going to call first that …Sorry for driving on that road; next time I'm going to call first that entitled person to make sure I'm allowed.

No one has entitlement to a road, it is a shared facility like shared toys in a kindergarten. Your question is unfair, using the word entitlement, this sounds like toddlers saying, "This is mine." "I was here first."
.MUFC.03/12/2019 21:47

Comment deleted

I actually think it's a man dressed as a woman, feet seem big for a woman, and the blonde wig
deleted1471098
As the moving vehicle it’s your responsibility to be able to stop or take evasive action. Yes the person opening the door is clearly inept but you are the one in motion and responsible.
deleted1471098
TobyZ03/12/2019 22:45

It is not a matter of space, but rather a safety issue for the person who …It is not a matter of space, but rather a safety issue for the person who opened the door.Without your reply I wouldn't have figured out. Thank YOU ! You made my day ...evening.Look, something to read; it could be useful, sometime: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252

The key part of this is you must not hit anyone when you open the door. The door in the image could have been open a minute or two and therefore this rule has been complied with. Yes it is causing a minor obstruction but drivers have plenty of time to see it and slow, stop or avoid.
airfix04/12/2019 08:14

I actually think it's a man dressed as a woman, feet seem big for a woman, …I actually think it's a man dressed as a woman, feet seem big for a woman, and the blonde wig

Lol
deeky04/12/2019 09:08

Whilst power-sliding it.

Not sure the 4C would fit through that gap
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions