Eon customers - please read (regarding Fixed 1yr V9 error)

Found 4th Oct 2014
Hi all. I wanted to let other Eon customers know this in case it applies to you or you are (or were) about to sign up to a new 'fixed' tariff.

If you were looking last week, the V9 tariff was available. It would seem that Eon made a mistake with the pricing structure and have now corrected it. However, even though it was just an error they still have to rename the tariff so it has become V10. It also states that E7 customers prices will have increased and if you are unhappy, to contact them.

Upon phoning CS to look into signing up to a new fixed contract, I happened to comment to the advisor about the mistake and he disappeared for a moment to ask his colleagues how they were addressing the situation. On his return, he told me that a £71.00 credit would be applied to my account as 'compensation' for the error. A very welcome surprise, I have to say.

So, anyone who's about to sign up to the V10 tariff - I would suggest doing it by telephone and mention that you 'had' investigated the V9 tariff but have since learned that it was in error - which you are a bit miffed about! Definitely worth mentioning, I feel.

All the best and have a great weekend, y'all!

Regards, Phsy.

(P.S. - Eon; in case you read this; thank you for being upfront with customers about this error. This is why I stick with you year in, year out.)
Community Updates
MiscCar Leasing
6 Comments
Just done the same - thanks for heads up

The £71 credit will go on the account Jan 2015

You must have "proof" of the v9 tariff offer - check your last bill (even online billing shows it) but I also did comparison with uswitch etc

comparethemarket.com didn't show/offer the v9 so wasn't able to get an Oleg<< how sad
I moved on to v9 on the 1st Oct. Does this mean its not a good deal?.
I signed up on 25th Sept but it's not going to change until 24th Oct I think it is....will I be eligible for the credit do you think?
Rach1309

I signed up on 25th Sept but it's not going to change until 24th Oct I … I signed up on 25th Sept but it's not going to change until 24th Oct I think it is....will I be eligible for the credit do you think?

Although you accepted the V9 - it's not now showing on their tariffs AFAIK

I would make the call - tell them you are concerned because of comments on websites. The original V9 offer (on the bill) showed me a saving of £165 per year but the V10 was only going to be £60 approx so I stuck by the OP's comments and challenged the new offer - the customer service advisor put me on hold for a few minutes then came back and offered the £71 discount on Jan bill
Yes it's still less than the original saving of £165 but on my bills it still more than 25% discount annually
Checked through the v9 Terms and Conditions, the "Your Tariff Details" (not your tariff information elsewhere) in the email confirmation has already formed part of the contract and this "pricing error" doesn't fall within one of those criteria which the supplier could unilaterally terminate that agreement.
Did this last night, took me 50 minutes to do......stick to your guns if you have the letter with you quote figures etc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants