EPC certificate

    It's my first time selling & buying a property so please bare with me!

    I need to get an EPC certificate done so my question is can I get that done through anyone whose EPC registered or does it have to come through the estate agent?

    Thanks in advance


    yes you can

    Depending on where you live, size and the complexity of the property, you should be able to get it done for circa £60. Just google 'EPC house assessors' and your locality.

    If it's a business property then you will need a commercial business assessor and because of the perceived complexities and larger area you would have to pay more than double than for a residential property.

    Before you spend anything check that an EPC hasn't already been done on your property as it may be available for free from

    Original Poster

    Brilliant, thanks for your responses, much appreciated.

    Just to endorse the above, I recently had to get one done. I paid £50 using a nationwide company (that sub-contracts to local assessors).

    I found a local guy on the net he came 2 days later and sent me the epc in about 6 hours. Think its was £40.
    Post a comment
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. comp - win an electric car2121

      See more discussions