Epic Games purchase Psyonix, Rocket League to possibly be removed from Steam?

Posted 2nd May
Morning guys

3223531-3IvlX.jpg
It looks like whilst we've all been sleeping, Epic Games have been splashing that Fortnite cash and have purchase Psyonix. The deal amount is currently undisclosed but is said to be finalised at sometime this month or possibly early June.

In an updated statement, Epic have said "We are continuing to sell Rocket League on Steam, and have not announced plans to stop selling the game there...Rocket League remains available for new purchasers on Steam, and long-term plans will be announced in the future."

With the recent battle between Epic and Steam over higher developer cuts, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rocket League dropped from Steam and made an Epic Games exclusive from the confirmed aquisition date going forward, so if you're looking to play Rocket League on Steam, now might be the best chance to jump in.

Psyonix issued a statement to say;

“Now that we have joined forces with Epic, we will be able to serve our community in even bigger and better ways,” the announcement reads. “In the short term, nothing will change at all [...], in the long-term, we expect to bring Rocket League to the Epic Games Store and to leverage our new relationship to grow the game in ways we couldn’t do on our own before.”

Community Updates
Misc
4 Comments
Ughh Epic Games store is just getting worst
This isn't even about "lower rates"
Glad I already own it on steam then.
Great! I think.. Good to get some more backing nonetheless.

And as a console gamer, Epic can monopolise it as much as they want as far as I'm concerned.
Bad news
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions