Epson sx215 & windows 7. Epson scan driver doesnt work.

Found 6th Jan 2012
I am running out of patience. My computer died about 6 months ago and last month with the help of my friend we managed to bring it back from the dead. Anyway as all the epson drivers where removed due to format. i have lost the disc so had to download the drivers from epson site. Prints fine but Epson scanner driver installs incorrectly and wont work. As title im running windows 7 32bit.

HELP
Community Updates
MiscEpsonWindows
5 Comments
Original Poster
Someone must know something i haven't tried??? Nothing works, tried installing drivers for vista & xp. but nothing.,, thinking it may be TWAIN? any ideas please
try installing the event manager as administrator
and run the Event Manager in Compatibility Mode as XP or vista
if that dont work try
Reinstalling the Printer, using the latest Vista Printer Drivers from here
http://www.epson.co.uk/Printers-and-All-In-Ones/Inkjet/Epson-Stylus-SX215/Drivers-Support
hope this helps
Banned
i just plugged my epson printer in and it done it all itself on windows 7, didnt need to do anything, never run the discs that came with it or anything
Original Poster
Cheers nobby, tried all that. Epson say it's a communication problem between my computer and printer. It works fine with my laptop, which has windows 7 aswell. O well just have to use laptop. Thanks anyway.
Tried all above. Took pc to a shop, had the entire pc wiped deeply. Installed original printer driver back on.... it installed successfully apparantly. But still will not print. And still says 'communication error'. There is no error and not one person on the whole internet seems to know why
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants