Equivalent Bike spec to a Giant Roam1??

Hi,

I am looking to buy a new bike through a work 'Cycle Scheme'. I have currently seen a Giant Roam 1 which seems about the right kind of spec. I am looking to mainly use the bike on roads for work but also a little off road capacity.

The current RRP is £595 which is what I have to 'pay' so please don't suggest bikes which can be bought for less.

Any suggestions of an equivalent spec but a different brand?? Any advantages or disadvantages over these specs?

Thanks

Scholesy

3 Comments

It is a great scheme. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. My experience in Aberdeen (4 shops are in the scheme) is that there is a lot of variety in pricing between the shops. Trekking round the shops was my answer (for a much cheaper bike) - 2 of them were ruled out on first visit and the other 2 got a second visit just so that I could compare.

So, I have not got any advice on specs/ brands but would say visit the shops near you and see for yourself.

Original Poster

I plan to check out a few shops but understand that they must do the scheme on the RRP. So ultimately when I decide which bike it doesn't matter which shop I then sign the deal with??

Scholesy

That is how I understand it as well, but for one of the bikes I looked at, one of the shops included mudguards, another did not and wanted £35 on top for them. Also if you want extras like a speedo computer thingy, one would fit it for free, another wanted a £5 to fit.

The other complication was that only some brands were available in both the shops I liked. It made it harder to compare like with like
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846122
    2. Heads Up - LoveFilm By Post Closing On 31st October 2017.109
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2336
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764086

See more discussions