ERGOFLEX Mattresses - Any good or just clever marketing?

Found 14th Jul 2016
Been looking for a new king size mattress and these seem to have excellent reviews. The problem is that 99% of the reviews are in perfect english raving about how good they are and written by people who have never reviewed any other product or have only had the mattress a few weeks. This suggests to me that most are written by the marketing team in the company. I see they have also been prosecuted by the ASA for misleading adverts. Are they the Anglian windows of the mattress world?

Any first hand experiences of these? Thanks
Community Updates
AskMattress
11 Comments
We had a kingsize first and have now replaced all our mattresses with Ergoflex - they are brilliant. My sister-in-law came to stay and replaced their mattress with ergoflex when she went home. My son stayed at Christmas and went home and replaced his mattress too. Can't praise them highly enough!
kensington143

We had a kingsize first and have now replaced all our mattresses with … We had a kingsize first and have now replaced all our mattresses with Ergoflex - they are brilliant. My sister-in-law came to stay and replaced their mattress with ergoflex when she went home. My son stayed at Christmas and went home and replaced his mattress too. Can't praise them highly enough!

Thanks

Can i ask how long you have had them as many reviews state they start to sag after 18 months?
I've got a double - had it for almost two years now, it's sooo much better than a spring mattress!

No problems with any sort of sag - seems to have the same amount of absorption/springiness as when it was new.
Bigfootpete

I've got a double - had it for almost two years now, it's sooo much … I've got a double - had it for almost two years now, it's sooo much better than a spring mattress! No problems with any sort of sag - seems to have the same amount of absorption/springiness as when it was new.

Thanks
Would you say they are medium firm?

Did you have to buy new fitted sheets as 21cm isn't very deep?
Edited by: "chocci" 15th Jul 2016
Yeah - I'd say it was a medium, fitted sheets fit although it is actually a stretch to get them on for my double.
chocci

Thanks Can i ask how long you have had them as many reviews state they … Thanks Can i ask how long you have had them as many reviews state they start to sag after 18 months?

Can't remember exactly how long, but we've had all 4 for at least 3 years so the king is probably 5 years old or more.
They are all as good as new and I'm a very heavy person, so my double has had a real test. I afree about the fitted sheets - have to force them to fit as they are a bit tight.
Hope that's helpful - let me know if I can help further.
kensington143

Can't remember exactly how long, but we've had all 4 for at least 3 years … Can't remember exactly how long, but we've had all 4 for at least 3 years so the king is probably 5 years old or more.They are all as good as new and I'm a very heavy person, so my double has had a real test. I afree about the fitted sheets - have to force them to fit as they are a bit tight.Hope that's helpful - let me know if I can help further.

Thanks for all the info. Think I will go for one as they do offer a free 28 day trial.
chocci

Thanks for all the info. Think I will go for one as they do offer a free … Thanks for all the info. Think I will go for one as they do offer a free 28 day trial.

I don't think you'll regret it. One thing to note - you can't use an electric blanket or hot water bottle etc with a memory foam mattress which is the only reason my daughter would not have one
kensington143

I don't think you'll regret it. One thing to note - you can't use an … I don't think you'll regret it. One thing to note - you can't use an electric blanket or hot water bottle etc with a memory foam mattress which is the only reason my daughter would not have one

Thanks but having read their terms & conditions, I am highly dubious of their sharp business practices, namely:-

1. Free 30 day trial on the site but in the terms it states:-

4 YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT

4.1 You may cancel our contract for the purchase of the goods at any time, without penalty and without giving any reason by notice in writing to us at our address in accordance with condition 15 (below) within the time limits below. Save as set out in condition 9 (in the case of any manufacturing faults) goods cannot be returned if you have unpackaged or used the goods.

2. 10 year warranty yet in the terms it states it only covers:-

Defects in materials means any deterioration of the main memory foam layers, with an indentation of more than one inch (1"), not associated with a sag in the foundation, box spring, platform or cool sleep airflow layer.

So, basically if the foundation or the airflow layer fail after a year, then tough luck. Even if the 3" memory foam layer fails by sagging up to 1", then still arent covered.

3. Still breaking Advertising standards breach ruling from 2012:-

https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2012/3/Ergoflex-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_169172.aspx

I guess the fines, if any, outweigh the orders gained by their false claims.

I do appreciate they may well be great mattresses but I'm not prepared to fork out £500 to a company like this one, with a flaky warranty.

Thanks for your input though.

Edited by: "chocci" 15th Jul 2016
I think things muxt have changed since we purchased
kensington143

I think things muxt have changed since we purchased

I bought one anyway in the end

at the end of the day, it's only £500

Cheers
Edited by: "chocci" 16th Jul 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text