ERIC BRISTOW RIP

Found 5th Apr
Community Updates
2921845-K8Txt.jpgEric Bristow dead: Legendary darts player and five-time world champion dies aged 60 after heart attack

htpp:independent.co.uk/spo…tml
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
RIP Eric, as you say sixty is no age at all really but at least it is a treble twenty!
13 Comments
Checked out at 60, did smoke heavily and i think still smoked when he died. Legend of darts. RIP
Totally agree, very sad news, two sporting greats in as msny days with Ray Wilkins as well, RIP to them both
Yes - He only got his treble top. He was OK was Eric. Definitely deserved a few more years.
Rest In peace Eric.
I guess with Eric and Ray it goes to show, no matter what your lifestyle, be it drinking and smoking or been fit and healthy, when your body has run it's time that's it!
Edited by: "malnuman" 5th Apr
malnuman58 m ago

I guess with Eric and Ray it goes to show, no matter what your lifestyle, …I guess with Eric and Ray it goes to show, no matter what your lifestyle, be it drinking and smoking or been fit and healthy, when your body has run it's time that's it!

RIP

Wilkin’s may have had a healthy life style once but sadly not in recent years, he battled with alcohol for a long time and seen first hand that doesn’t end well.
I met him at the Willows in Salford, great bloke. Very chatty, unlike Deller and Lowe.
The guy seemed to be quite genuine when friends met him a few times. Chatty etc. Sad loss, Far too young really. May he RIP.
Sorry to hear this news one hundred an eightyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
RIP..

He made some controversial comments a little while back but can't rember what.

I met him at Skegness Embassy years ago after a darts event.. nice bloke.. my college tutor allowed me to leave early that day to go and was a darts fan as well so I got Eric to sign a photo to say Thanks.

60 is NO AGE.
RIP Eric, as you say sixty is no age at all really but at least it is a treble twenty!
I met Eric and all the other players at a tournament years ago as I was a massive darts fan. A very nice bunch of guys and I had my photo taken with each of them. Shocked Eric has passed away so soon. He will now be with Jocky Wilson, Sid Waddell and Jim Bowen for that great darts match in heaven. May he RIP
Edited by: "summerof76" 6th Apr
r,i,p
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants