Groups

Error code 0x80070002

Hi could any1 plz help Im trying to get updates on my PC but keep getting Error Code 0x80070002 ?
    I've been on microsoft help site where I was told to delete the contents of DataStore folder which I did but still cant get updates ?
    Does anyone know what else I should do ?
    Many thanks
    Shellymanc x

10 Comments

Have you tried restarting the PC since deleting the contents?

Original Poster

I have yes several times still dont work x

Just to check. Are you running genuine windows?

Original Poster

Yes I did check and it's genuine x

shellymanc

Yes I did check and it's genuine x

Ok. Download this patch here : ]http//ww…tml and run it and it should cure the problem it's having as it sounds like it's having difficulty verifying windows. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Just tryed and says setup has detected that the version of service pack istalled is lower than what's necessary ! Im on service pack 1 but need sp2:-(

Original Poster

Just checked and looks like I aint got any service pack installed :? what have I done lol:whistling:

shellymanc

Just tryed and says setup has detected that the version of service pack … Just tryed and says setup has detected that the version of service pack istalled is lower than what's necessary ! Im on service pack 1 but need sp2:-(

Strange, should work on SP1 & 2. The only other thing i can suggest is to leave it a while and see if it passes or use your Windows XP recovery disk to repair windows and see if that clears it. :thumbsup:

shellymanc

Just checked and looks like I aint got any service pack installed :? what … Just checked and looks like I aint got any service pack installed :? what have I done lol:whistling:

lol. Try this : ]http//ww…spx

Original Poster

Hi Syzable the last link you sent is what I been doing from microsoft but still dont work:cry:
    Thanks for helping ;-) x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32190
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News44
      3. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1020
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764382

See more discussions