Groups

Error message whilst trying to download Trial of MS Office 2010...Help?

I had to reinstall my operating system and am trying to download Microsoft Office 2010 Home & Business free 60day trial but I keep getting the follow error message when I try and run the download...

x86 platform
    -Windows 7
    -Windows Vista SP1
    -Windows XP SP3
    -Windows Server 2003 SP2

x64 platform
    -Windows 7
    -Windows Vista SP1
    -Windows Server 2008

Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup.

Where am I going wrong? I have Vista business 32 bit on my laptop. I've downloaded all the important updates.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd even go for MS Office 2007 but it re-directs me to the MS site and MS Office 2010

16 Comments

Did you download correct version, x86 platform?
    What OS are you using?
    Edit- oops missed your OS in Your post

Edited by: "callum84" 25th May 2011

callum84

Did you download correct version, x86 platform?What OS are you using? … Did you download correct version, x86 platform?What OS are you using? Edit- oops missed your OS in Your post

Have you installed vista service pack 1?

callum84

Did you download correct version, x86 platform?What OS are you using? … Did you download correct version, x86 platform?What OS are you using? Edit- oops missed your OS in Your post

Where am I going wrong? I have Vista business 32 bit on my laptop. I've … Where am I going wrong? I have Vista business 32 bit on my laptop. I've downloaded all the important updates.

Did you read the op?

sancho1983

Did you read the op?:D

Yeah I read it lol, just because they have installed updates dont mean they have SP1 installed, and it is giving a compatibility error.

Original Poster

hang on guys whilst i go check updates lol

Sometimes windows update won't offer you service packs for download.
    To determine whether you are running Windows Vista SP1:

1. Click Start button, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.

2. If Windows Vista SP1 is installed, you will see that a reference to Windows Vista SP1 is displayed at the bottom of the Windows Edition section.

Original Poster

ok guys...lots of the updates have failed for the second day running!! Some of the service packs have failed too!! Grrrrrr...this is annoying me. Will have another go at downloading the updates.

Thank you x

That's your problem then, missing SP1.
    you can download it manually here if it's any better for you.
    microsoft.com/dow…=en

Banned

Office 2007 onwards is the devil. 2003 ftw!

Original Poster

Thank you callum84....I should have checked all that before I asked. I reinstalled vista on sunday and then tried downloading the updates. 75 of the 101 didn't install so I tried again last night and it seems a large amount failed and I hadn't noticed. Will try again.

Thank you for not reading the op properly and asking me the questions

Original Poster

master_chief

Office 2007 onwards is the devil. 2003 ftw!

lol...I was going for MS Office 2010 as my friend will give me the product key when he subscribes to MS. MS Office 2003 is so much easier

x

fern37

Thank you callum84....I should have checked all that before I asked. I … Thank you callum84....I should have checked all that before I asked. I reinstalled vista on sunday and then tried downloading the updates. 75 of the 101 didn't install so I tried again last night and it seems a large amount failed and I hadn't noticed. Will try again.Thank you for not reading the op properly and asking me the questions

No problem at all lol

Love you Fern.

Hope this helps

Original Poster

cw9652

Love you Fern.Hope this helps

Love you too babe

I have a smile on my face x

fern37

Love you too babe I have a smile on my face x

Good. I've got a smile on my face 'cos you lurrrrrrve me!

Original Poster

cw9652

Good. I've got a smile on my face 'cos you lurrrrrrve me!

Of course I do but for database purposes, aren't you attached?? lol x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions