Groups

Error sending files with Outlook

This is bugging me!
    My Outlook program (2002) seems to have stopped sending emails with attachments. I get error message - 0x80040109. The emails will go through Outlook Express though, so I know it is not a server restriction. I have Googled the code up found no real answer to sole this. The sending bar runs, but the email remains in the Outbox. Anyone know what could be causing it? OS - XP.

8 Comments

Banned

switch off your AV and then try sending a NEW message (delete the original!).

Outlook has been a right pain recently, having trouble receiving messages, the bar sits half way and then asks me for a password and then fails. Sometimes it works but is very temperamental !!

Original Poster

csiman

switch off your AV and then try sending a NEW message (delete the … switch off your AV and then try sending a NEW message (delete the original!).

Tried that, but same problem. The mad thing is that I have exactly the same setup on other computers with no problem.

does it give any more info on the error message? like in the top border of the box? Could be a problem with an outlook add in .. for example winzip companion... do you zip the files ?

Check your SMTP setting, the important thing is possibly the broadband provider you are using as they sometimes block other carriers settings.

Original Poster

stevey06

does it give any more info on the error message? like in the top border … does it give any more info on the error message? like in the top border of the box? Could be a problem with an outlook add in .. for example winzip companion... do you zip the files ?

No Outlook addins

http://i56.tinypic.com/29z4qr4.jpg

Banned

Predikuesi

No Outlook addins

thats an outlook express window isnt it?

i had this problem i just clicked on send &recieve button and to my surprise everything started working okay but that was after i tried every thing else . best of luck. so frustrating
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION12
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22

See more discussions