Escaped cricket!

Posted 18th Mar
Looking for advice, my daughter has a gecko and now a cricket is on the loose. I’m guessing it will die off on a week or so but the chirping last night sent my partner downstairs to sleep on the couch.
anyone any tips for catching it?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I couldn’t help but laugh! They used to drive me mad in Australia when I was living there. Are they like moths and attracted to light? Try waiting for darkness and shining a desk lamp on a wall to see if it comes out. Are they nocturnal? Certainly used to hear them a lot more at night. Good luck!
Why not let the gecko out to hunt it down???
fearghalg18/03/2020 10:06

I couldn’t help but laugh! They used to drive me mad in Australia when I w …I couldn’t help but laugh! They used to drive me mad in Australia when I was living there. Are they like moths and attracted to light? Try waiting for darkness and shining a desk lamp on a wall to see if it comes out. Are they nocturnal? Certainly used to hear them a lot more at night. Good luck!

Still have horrifying memories of being on the back of a moped with gf in control and going through a swarm of locusts! "DONT CLOSE YOUR EYES!!!" that was scarring mentally and physically
fearghalg18/03/2020 10:06

I couldn’t help but laugh! They used to drive me mad in Australia when I w …I couldn’t help but laugh! They used to drive me mad in Australia when I was living there. Are they like moths and attracted to light? Try waiting for darkness and shining a desk lamp on a wall to see if it comes out. Are they nocturnal? Certainly used to hear them a lot more at night. Good luck!

Lol, I def see the funny side of it, others not so much
colinged18/03/2020 10:16

Release the Gecko? …Release the Gecko? https://www.wikihow.com/Kill-a-Cricket-that%27s-Loose-in-Your-House

Just giggled at the thought of Poseidon saying "release the gecko!"
40131127-hFRID.jpg
"An escaped cricket you say......"
Feel your pain. Son has a bearded dragon and somehow one or two of his creatures manage to escape
Is your partner male or female? If male, perhaps cook their favourite food and when they go and eat you can trap them in the kitchen. If female, put on the latest episode of love island and again, you can lock the living room door.
Let us know how you get on. Good luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants