Essential software for fresh android system?

HI all. I've recently installed a fresh install of windows on my PC and asked a question what essential software do people install. I was overwhwlmed with the response I got that I thought I'd ask the question for Android. I've got a HUDL 2 which I've had for nearly 2 years and also a Sony M2 that I've had for a week. I'm not impressed with the HUDL at the moment, it's some time crashing with firefox, I can't delete my videos from the SD card. The battery's not lasting too long. I did install Nova launcher almost from day one as there was Tesco bloatware. It's not rootable (I'm not entirely sure whwn the benefits are). I installed VLC player aswell from early on. AVG (free) recently but not sure I like it or need it, a few VPN's that I've tried (Three block me and I don't have any ID to prove I'm over 18 although I didn'y have the problem when I was using my MIFI both on contract and PAYG Data SIM). I've also downloaded Greenify but not spent very long with it.

I've also downloaded Optimize Master but don't like it. TVMC (Kodi) but can't get it working.

So I think I'm going to go with a fresh install. What software would you suggest? I think I'm going to start with Nova launcher unless you advise me otherwise.

Cheers

Steve

16 Comments

Titanium backup?

i advise you get a beer out of the fridge and get the footy on....

Original Poster

Qrunch

Titanium backup?

Will look into it.

davelegg67

That advice can be for any question. Even more so for a United supporter!!!

Qrunch

Titanium backup?

davelegg67

​titanium backup only works if your rooted

Original Poster

OK, back to Nova launcher. Saved me time thanks.

I'm not really big on my apps, but a few I can't live without are:

Whatsapp
BBC News
HUKDeals (of course!)
Just-Eat/Hungryhouse
Shazam for music identifying
Amazon/Ebay
Reddit is fun
Banking app
ES File Explorer

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

I'm not really big on my apps, but a few I can't live without … I'm not really big on my apps, but a few I can't live without are:WhatsappBBC NewsHUKDeals (of course!)Just-Eat/HungryhouseShazam for music identifyingAmazon/EbayReddit is funBanking appES File Explorer

I'll install some of those, but i prefer Ebay and HUD from the browser rather than the app (maybe I should try them again).

Get rid of AVG it serves no purpose other than slowing your devices down.
Nova is a must on the Hudl.
use solid explorer instead of ES file explorer it is smaller in size and comes with less unwanted bloat ware

Original Poster

spencer24

Get rid of AVG it serves no purpose other than slowing your devices down. … Get rid of AVG it serves no purpose other than slowing your devices down. Nova is a must on the Hudl.use solid explorer instead of ES file explorer it is smaller in size and comes with less unwanted bloat ware

Will do. I've been on the app store and installed a variety of software (it's hard not to just an overwhelming variety with various reviews!)

why can't u root it I'm sure all andriod phones are able to

Mx player
Poweramp
Diskusage
IMDb
BBC news
BBC sport
Opera
Swiftkey
Power toggles
Nova launcher
Viber
Tinfoil
Inbox
Drippler
Flud
TV showtime
Kodi
Complete kodi setup build {installs the latest popular builds for you automatically)
Digical
Es file explorer
Here maps
Google Drive
Google photos
Tv24
Opera vpn
Swipepad
Twilight
Teamviewer

Edited by: "chocci" 1st Nov 2016

stec77

I'll install some of those, but i prefer Ebay and HUD from the browser … I'll install some of those, but i prefer Ebay and HUD from the browser rather than the app (maybe I should try them again).

Ebay and hukd browser versions are far superior to their apps

Original Poster

muddassarsardar

why can't u root it I'm sure all andriod phones are able to

I think I can root my phone but the Hudl 2 is not rootable (it maybe because it's got an intel processor).

Original Poster

chocci

Mx playerPowerampDiskusageIMDb BBC newsBBC sport Opera SwiftkeyPower … Mx playerPowerampDiskusageIMDb BBC newsBBC sport Opera SwiftkeyPower togglesNova launcherViberTinfoilInboxDripplerFludTV showtimeKodiComplete kodi setup build {installs the latest popular builds for you automatically) Digical Es file explorerHere mapsGoogle DriveGoogle photos Tv24Opera vpnSwipepadTwilightTeamviewer

Thanks for the reply, will look into these later.

Original Poster

I've installed KODI but it didn't seem succesfull in being able to stream any of the stream's/channel's. I'll try again later.

stec77

I've installed KODI but it didn't seem succesfull in being able to stream … I've installed KODI but it didn't seem succesfull in being able to stream any of the stream's/channel's. I'll try again later.

Install Complete kodi setup build {installs the latest popular builds for you automatically)

Then install a build like pulse ccm using the app above

Install Opera vpn and run it

Then run kodi
Edited by: "chocci" 1st Nov 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. USC voucher code pls?23
    2. No Vega deals around - pre-order for Vega 56?23
    3. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?811
    4. Nintendo Switch Game Cases34