Esure Emergency Home Cover?

Posted 18th Feb
Hi

Does anyone have esure emergency home boiler/water cover?
If so, how are they like with dealing with a faulty combi boiler etc?
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Available exclusively as an add-on to standard ES home insurance policy. Think Axa still provides the service and for boiler claims requires proof of manufacturer-stipulated maintenance having been performed within preceding 12months of claim, where one exclusion term wording from 2018 policy doc was
"...that caused by or to a boiler or central heating system which has not been properly maintained in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions".
Unlikely to cover your (or any) existing issue at inception, but identification and appreciation of the current t&c will indicate if you are drifting towards exposing yourself to some suggestion of semi-fraudulent possiblity.
OP are you with them or thinking of joining them?
Gollywood18/02/2020 23:15

OP are you with them or thinking of joining them?

I am already with them, have been for the last 5 years.
My boilers working but pressure goes up by 2 bars once it’s up n running which is concerning! I think it might be the pressure vessel or something.
Wondering if they’ll come out or does it need to be totally borked before they come out?
ruheluddin8619/02/2020 00:13

I am already with them, have been for the last 5 years. My boilers working …I am already with them, have been for the last 5 years. My boilers working but pressure goes up by 2 bars once it’s up n running which is concerning! I think it might be the pressure vessel or something. Wondering if they’ll come out or does it need to be totally borked before they come out?

Needs to be borked rather than just playing up, IME. Tried to call esure out to my elderly mum's back boiler system a few months ago, but no joy.
I switch every year between Sheila's wheels and esure so I get cashback and free home emergency and legal cover. They are the same company.

Claimed 3 times for heating repairs and service is brilliant. Engineers turned up within a few hours and all repairs were free including parts. Only had my boiler serviced once in 20 years but this wasn't an issue. Premium didn't go up either as its not counted as a claim on home insurance.
Edited by: "chocci" 19th Feb
chocci19/02/2020 06:11

I switch every year between Sheila's wheels and esure so I get cashback …I switch every year between Sheila's wheels and esure so I get cashback and free home emergency and legal cover. They are the same company.Claimed 3 times for heating repairs and service is brilliant. Engineers turned up within a few hours and all repairs were free including parts. Only had my boiler serviced once in 20 years but this wasn't an issue. Premium didn't go up either as its not counted as a claim on home insurance.

Yes, £500 max repair limit.
What heating repairs did you claim for?
Did they ask to see proof of boiler service?
Edited by: "ruheluddin86" 19th Feb
ruheluddin8619/02/2020 00:13

I am already with them, have been for the last 5 years. My boilers working …I am already with them, have been for the last 5 years. My boilers working but pressure goes up by 2 bars once it’s up n running which is concerning! I think it might be the pressure vessel or something. Wondering if they’ll come out or does it need to be totally borked before they come out?

as above we switch with them and Sheila's Wheels and had them out a couple of times in the past and they were great. Had an issue with the expansion tank a few months ago and water being lost, and it was a different story. They classed that as non emergency, as we still had heating and water, I argued the case and put in a complaint as technically yes we had water and heating but the boiler shouldnt be used with the water being lost. Got no where with that and I am one that doesnt let things go.
British Gas refused to service my boiler as the exhaust doesn't have a bracket secured to the wall but if i was to add one and call them back, they'll service it (weird).

It last broke down 3 years ago and because of the age, they couldn't source the parts (hmmm tried selling me a new boiler contributing £1000 towards a new one but overall cost was £4k) after some umming and aahing parts suddenly sourced and fixed. They put me in a hotel whilst it was out of action and also gave me £100 compensation/goodwill. - I think it was AA home Emergency at the time that turned up.

I also had a waste pipe leaking into the neighbours apartment below... They came out and fixed it, both did not affect premiums on home insurance as @chocci said cover isn't part of my actual insurance therefore not considered a claim.

I've always got emergency home cover as an add-on to my home insurance. After reading OP i thought i been doing it wrong and just done a quote for home emergency, the cover alone is £100. Why would you want separate cover if your home insurance can provide it cheaper, am i missing something?
Edited by: "samosa" 19th Feb
ruheluddin8619/02/2020 08:40

Yes, £500 max repair limit. What heating repairs did you claim for? Did …Yes, £500 max repair limit. What heating repairs did you claim for? Did they ask to see proof of boiler service?

8 years ago for blocked sewer drain (£280 bill from dynorod for 15 minutes work which Sheila's wheels paid)

Diverter valve 5 years ago

Water pump 3 years ago

Something internal in the boiler (?) 2 years ago

No proof of boiler service required
Edited by: "chocci" 19th Feb
I wasnt asked for proof of boiler service either.
Used them a few months back , phoned them and they had a local engineer with me within two hours , Unfortunately he misdiagnosed the fault and ordered a stack of parts cost £530, e sure agreed to pay the £500 if i paid the £30. Three days later another engineer turns up with the parts to fit but didn't need any, he fixed the boiler in under 10 minutes , I got refunded the next day.
Couldn't fault esure in dealing with the issue shame the local company sent a useless engineer in the first place, but the same would have probably happened if i had phoned them direct .
Bear in mind thou the Home emergency cover doesn't cover faults and routine servicing, just predominately breakdown of the boiler.
chocci19/02/2020 09:37

8 years ago for blocked sewer drain (£280 bill from dynorod for 15 minutes …8 years ago for blocked sewer drain (£280 bill from dynorod for 15 minutes work which Sheila's wheels paid) Diverter valve 5 years agoWater pump 3 years agoSomething internal in the boiler (?) 2 years agoNo proof of boiler service required

Thanks for the info. The blocked drain, did you have to claim payment back from them or did they pay Dynorod Direct?
Edited by: "ruheluddin86" 19th Feb
oscarcat19/02/2020 13:34

Used them a few months back , phoned them and they had a local engineer …Used them a few months back , phoned them and they had a local engineer with me within two hours , Unfortunately he misdiagnosed the fault and ordered a stack of parts cost £530, e sure agreed to pay the £500 if i paid the £30. Three days later another engineer turns up with the parts to fit but didn't need any, he fixed the boiler in under 10 minutes , I got refunded the next day. Couldn't fault esure in dealing with the issue shame the local company sent a useless engineer in the first place, but the same would have probably happened if i had phoned them direct .Bear in mind thou the Home emergency cover doesn't cover faults and routine servicing, just predominately breakdown of the boiler.

Hmmm, mine could be classified as breakdown surely as the pressure raises way too high to 3 bars n ‘makes noises’?
eslick19/02/2020 08:44

as above we switch with them and Sheila's Wheels and had them out a couple …as above we switch with them and Sheila's Wheels and had them out a couple of times in the past and they were great. Had an issue with the expansion tank a few months ago and water being lost, and it was a different story. They classed that as non emergency, as we still had heating and water, I argued the case and put in a complaint as technically yes we had water and heating but the boiler shouldnt be used with the water being lost. Got no where with that and I am one that doesnt let things go.

Do you think I’ll get them out with my issue, bar rises 2 notch to 3 bar n makes noises etc?
ruheluddin8619/02/2020 13:54

Do you think I’ll get them out with my issue, bar rises 2 notch to 3 bar n …Do you think I’ll get them out with my issue, bar rises 2 notch to 3 bar n makes noises etc?

I couldnt, we ended up getting a new boiler as the expansion tank needed replacing and due to its age would have had to get an external one. As long as its not in the red you should be okay, the other thing that can reduce pressure is to turn the boiler heat down, normally you have it set it high but reducing it can reduce the pressure and means you have more time to get it fixed. Doesnt impact the heat of the house as such just takes longer to heat up.
ruheluddin8619/02/2020 13:50

Thanks for the info. The blocked drain, did you have to claim payment back …Thanks for the info. The blocked drain, did you have to claim payment back from them or did they pay Dynorod Direct?

Dynorod claimed it from esure
They will only entertain you if it is a complete failure... Other than that they are not interested.
i have always been with british gas homecare but they are getting very expensive and their service level is dropping so i would be interested in emergency cover with my home insurance when our boiler gets older and the risk of breaking down is higher.

someone said that these cover tend to have strict terms and conditions so you can't always claim, is that right? also would a claim be considered an insurance claim and so will affect your future premiums, especially if you shop around and have to declare any previous claims.
Edited by: "mutley1" 20th Feb
h.s20/02/2020 12:51

They will only entertain you if it is a complete failure... Other than …They will only entertain you if it is a complete failure... Other than that they are not interested..

i guess until it breaks down completely, it is not classed as an emergency, which is the cover.
mutley120/02/2020 13:06

i have always been with british gas homecare but they are getting very …i have always been with british gas homecare but they are getting very expensive and their service level is dropping so i would be interested in emergency cover with my home insurance when our boiler gets older and the risk of breaking down is higher.someone said that these cover tend to have strict terms and conditions so you can't always claim, is that right? also would a claim be considered an insurance claim and so will affect your future premiums, especially if you shop around and have to declare any previous claims.

i've had circumstances where the water is on and off, but to them its not a complete failure.
However, their own TC's state no hot water OR heating - yet they will only respond if its a complete.

i suppose you can say that its not working completing, as the jobs are subcontracted to local engineers, which i'm sure will not be to bothered as long as they get a job.
h.s20/02/2020 14:56

i've had circumstances where the water is on and off, but to them its not …i've had circumstances where the water is on and off, but to them its not a complete failure.However, their own TC's state no hot water OR heating - yet they will only respond if its a complete.i suppose you can say that its not working completing, as the jobs are subcontracted to local engineers, which i'm sure will not be to bothered as long as they get a job.

What if you say it’s not working and they come to find it’s fully operational, they can’t charge you right?
Could be an intermittent issue surely?!
ruheluddin8622/02/2020 10:02

What if you say it’s not working and they come to find it’s fully ope …What if you say it’s not working and they come to find it’s fully operational, they can’t charge you right? Could be an intermittent issue surely?!

Unlikely they will charge you.
Its normally a sub contractor that comes out and they will charge the insurance company.

And I'm sure there will be instances when this would occur.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants