Esure insurance - some great prices at the moment.

Found 9th Mar 2014
This is just a heads-up rather than an actual deal. I'm not sure if they are doing some sort of recruitment drive but I've just taken out 2 x car insurance and 1 x home insurance policies with Esure and they have absolutely trashed my renewal quotes.

Car 1 - renewal quote £670/Esure £380 (Inc legal protection @ £30)
Car 2 - renewal quote £385/Esure £252 (Inc legal protection @ £30)
(These both include an extra 10% off each for more than one car policy)
Home insurance - renewal quote £210/Esure £137 (less a further £36 TCB, buildings AND contents - includes accidental damage and new for old)

So if you have any policies coming up for renewal it might be worth checking them out.

Note (car insurance) - as is usual, when you get a quote through TCB's price comparison, for me it was a little more expensive, but slightly cheaper when £36 cashback taken into account, but as the cashback is never guaranteed I decided to forego the cashback and get the slightly lower quote.
Community Updates
MiscInsurancePrice Glitch
39 Comments
Thanks pal.
I've been insured with esure for some years, they are decent when it comes to claims.
Edited by: "steve019" 9th Mar 2014
steve019

I've been insured with esure for some years, they are decent when it … I've been insured with esure for some years, they are decent when it comes to claims.

That's good to hear although hopefully I'll never have to try them
deeky

That's good to hear although hopefully I'll never have to try them

Yeah hopefully, people keep driving into me though!
Thank you my husbands renewal is up at the end of the month so will check them out.

Privilige have been cheapest for us both recently

£220 for husband,legal protection ,low excess millions of years no claims

£234 for mine,legal protection,£50 excess and 4 years protected no claims.

Both received £40 quidco cashback each

I have an agenda to get them below £200
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 9th Mar 2014
Are Esure on comparison sites? If so(and I have done this with others) take note of the quote offer reference. When you go through TCB enter it in the retrieve a quote but and it will change to previous offer.

I done this recently,I then added something and removed it before proceeding and it has worked for both policies.
takethatfan1978

Are Esure on comparison sites? If so(and I have done this with others) … Are Esure on comparison sites? If so(and I have done this with others) take note of the quote offer reference. When you go through TCB enter it in the retrieve a quote but and it will change to previous offer.I done this recently,I then added something and removed it before proceeding and it has worked for both policies.

Yeah, they are on comparison sites. I'll try that next time but mine is all done now. I was checking out the hobgoblins which came back about £100 cheaper than anyone else. When I called to take it up I asked about mine and was stunned to discover how much less than my renewal it was.

£220 for husband,legal protection ,low excess millions of years no … £220 for husband,legal protection ,low excess millions of years no claims£234 for mine,legal protection,£50 excess and 4 years protected no claims.

Where do you live? In a cave in the middle of Dartmoor? X)
Edited by: "deeky" 9th Mar 2014
deeky

Yeah, they are on comparison sites. I'll try that next time but mine is … Yeah, they are on comparison sites. I'll try that next time but mine is all done now. I was checking out the hobgoblins which came back about £100 cheaper than anyone else. When I called to take it up I asked about mine and was stunned to discover how much less than my renewal it was.

Its shocking really isn't it? My last renewal came in at around £480 and then managed to get it for the £234 elsewhere. Cashback a bonus too.

Will definitely look at Esure. I checked out Admiral for both our cars and couldn't believe how expensive they were despite them banging on about their multi car policy offer!
takethatfan1978

Are Esure on comparison sites? If so(and I have done this with others) … Are Esure on comparison sites? If so(and I have done this with others) take note of the quote offer reference. When you go through TCB enter it in the retrieve a quote but and it will change to previous offer.I done this recently,I then added something and removed it before proceeding and it has worked for both policies.

£220 for husband,legal protection ,low excess millions of years no … £220 for husband,legal protection ,low excess millions of years no claims£234 for mine,legal protection,£50 excess and 4 years protected no claims.

Because of his millions of years no claims?

I put that as I have lost count how many he has,its a lot!
takethatfan1978

Its shocking really isn't it? My last renewal came in at around £480 and … Its shocking really isn't it? My last renewal came in at around £480 and then managed to get it for the £234 elsewhere.

I nearly always get it for more or less the same as the previous year but I have to go back a long time for it to be less than £400. I think they just try it on and hope that you're on the 'auto-renew' list. Mine had gone from £606 to £670 with Axa. A 2 minute phone call got it back down to £613 (we're doing you a BIG favour here). They make you sick.
takethatfan1978

Because of his millions of years no claims?I put that as I have lost … Because of his millions of years no claims?I put that as I have lost count how many he has,its a lot!

No, just the price of £220. That's a great price. I'm made up with mine though as I live in M9 postcode which my son tells me (he used to work in car insurance) is rated at 99 on a scale of 1-100 for area risk.
deeky

I nearly always get it for more or less the same as the previous year but … I nearly always get it for more or less the same as the previous year but I have to go back a long time for it to be less than £400. I think they just try it on and hope that you're on the 'auto-renew' list. Mine had gone from £606 to £670 with Axa. A 2 minute phone call got it back down to £613 (we're doing you a BIG favour here). They make you sick.

We have always shared a car up until 6 years ago and insurance wasn't bad for both of us.

My first policy on my own then was around £650,and that's with a discount for being a named driver on a tesco policy-flipping rip off.

I had one claim back then but I'm fair chuffed that mine is quite cheap now especially with the protected no claims and low excess.

I always hear of people who just automatically renew and never check. I always say to compare prices,half an hour looking can save a fortune
deeky

No, just the price of £220. That's a great price. I'm made up with mine … No, just the price of £220. That's a great price. I'm made up with mine though as I live in M9 postcode which my son tells me (he used to work in car insurance) is rated at 99 on a scale of 1-100 for area risk.

I suppose it depends on where you live and the car. We are just outside of edinburgh and he has a bog standard ford focus.

My car is newer,same engine size though.I have lower excess,less no claims and they are protected and mine is only £14 more expensive.

Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 9th Mar 2014
I've just got a quote from them and its £120 less than my renewal so thanks for that. I usually do the comparison site thing but all the quotes I receive are normally more than my renewal unless its with some obscure company
Just noticed quidco are offering £65 cashback with esure.

Thought I would add if anyone else looking,saving a few more pounds is always a bonus
My renewal was £520 Got £279 from Liverpool Victoria. Current insurers even called me to let's see if we can get i any cheaper, they could but only by £40.
Madwak55

I've just got a quote from them and its £120 less than my renewal so … I've just got a quote from them and its £120 less than my renewal so thanks for that. I usually do the comparison site thing but all the quotes I receive are normally more than my renewal unless its with some obscure company

That'll do for me. Was worthwhile posting then
Just had a fiddle with quotes for husbands renewal and cheapest I have found so far like for like is admiral at £178. I'm sure he will be happy with that
Topcashback offer between £20-£40 cashback. Just waiting for renewal letter now

Esure were only £30 odd more expensive so still a good offer.
Been with eSure a few times and always via comparison sites but insurance costs with them go up and down for no rhyme or reason. One year they are among the cheapest the next year costs rocket to outrageous with no change in circumstances.
Edited by: "spraint" 9th Mar 2014
Well I've just done a quote with them and they want over £1200 :O I'm 35 with a clean licence and no claims in 4 yrs. It's double my renewal and £800 more expensive than a quote I've found before I get my discount. I work in car insurance.
Won't quote me as I have no no claims bonus
nice got a great quote for my NSX
I'm with Esure too as they were by far the cheapest for me last year and that policy is up on the 28th March. It says on their site that they tend to send out renewal quotes 22 days before. I started looking on comparison sites on the 2nd and Esure again were coming in cheapest...down from £480 last year to £378 this year....nice I thought. Then on the 5th I received my renewal from them quoting me £302! (exact same info as entered on the sites).

Will I ain't gonna argue with that now am I?!

welshgirl1978

Well I've just done a quote with them and they want over £1200 :O I'm 35 … Well I've just done a quote with them and they want over £1200 :O I'm 35 with a clean licence and no claims in 4 yrs. It's double my renewal and £800 more expensive than a quote I've found before I get my discount. I work in car insurance.

I'm not surprised really. I've had people tell me to try XYZ as they had a really good quote and it's been more expensive for me.
Deeky, have a look here rac.co.uk/ins…ce/

£30 for motor legal expenses cover for the whole family (well, up to 5 people in the household)

No need to pay £30 per car insurance policy, pay the once and the family is covered for £30.

Actually, our renewal was £15, I didn't question it, just phoned them up and paid!

I'm also led to believe that RAC include motor legal expenses cover as standard with their breakdown policies, maybe look into that for next year.

Oh and I got my mum's car insurance for £139 X)
That was including the premium for protected no claims and also £0 voluntary excess etc
With LV.
And I got cashback

Often it's worth fiddling about with the voluntary excess as £0 and £50 are frequently the same price and £100 only pennies more expensive than £200 etc.

Also I had a look at the price difference between parking in a driveway and parking in a garage and weirdly some charged more for parking in a garage. Now that makes no sense to me but saves opening up the garage to park the car in it.
Does anyone actually park their car in a garage these days?! Our is just full of 'stuff'. Accumulated 'stuff'. Do you need fertiliser, paint, screws, paint stripper, beer (we have a 'beer fridge', probably the only useful thing in the garage!), grass seed, ping pong table, creosote, old hardened superglue, hammers, hula hoop, roller blades or a bumper for a random old car?! Yes?! Well then, I have the Aladdin's Den of garages for you X)
Actually, I think the bumper went to the dump. The rest is probably still there.

Dad had a garage which was a graveyard for 'monkey see, monkey want' moments.
He had; tennis ball thrower, wood chipper, Dulux paint pod, numerous flymos with cut cords, strimmers which 'weren't good', cultivator, weed removers, leaf blower, power hose, beer making kit, wine making kit, long handled clippers, long funnelled water pumps, flame weeder, sprays which make your flowers fart rose petals etc.
It broke his heart when mum 'cleared' the garage.

sickly sweet

Deeky, have a look here … Deeky, have a look here http://www.rac.co.uk/insurance/accident-legal/legal-expenses/more-about-legal-expenses-insurance/£30 for motor legal expenses cover for the whole family (well, up to 5 people in the household)No need to pay £30 per car insurance policy, pay the once and the family is covered for £30. Actually, our renewal was £15, I didn't question it, just phoned them up and paid!I'm also led to believe that RAC include motor legal expenses cover as standard with their breakdown policies, maybe look into that for next year.

Thanks sweets. Mines all sorted now but I've bookmarked it for next year. My breakdown cover is free with my bank account so I don't think it will be included there.
sickly sweet

Dad had a garage which was a graveyard for 'monkey see, monkey want' … Dad had a garage which was a graveyard for 'monkey see, monkey want' moments.He had; tennis ball thrower, wood chipper, Dulux paint pod, numerous flymos with cut cords, strimmers which 'weren't good', cultivator, weed removers, leaf blower, power hose, beer making kit, wine making kit, long handled clippers, long funnelled water pumps, flame weeder, sprays which make your flowers fart rose petals etc. It broke his heart when mum 'cleared' the garage.

Doesn't everyone have all those?

Unable to provide a quote for me. Ha, 31 year old male with 13+ years no claims, no convictions. Erm ok????
Sebas111

Unable to provide a quote for me. Ha, 31 year old male with 13+ years no … Unable to provide a quote for me. Ha, 31 year old male with 13+ years no claims, no convictions. Erm ok????

They're crap. I'm spamming this X)
Deeky, you should become a salesman for Esure Insurance.
deeky

They're crap. I'm spamming this X)

Cheers Deeky,

Not sure what I could have said to upset them.
ta, just paid 180 odd quid for buildings & contents minus over 70 TCB, a big saving!
I recently saved a ton of money on my car insurance.

By fleeing the scene of the accident...
are the prices you guys are getting fully comp? those prices seem crazily cheap...having said that, theres too many variables. we only have the one car so we're both on the insurance which would take up price i guess.
EN1GMA

are the prices you guys are getting fully comp? those prices seem crazily … are the prices you guys are getting fully comp? those prices seem crazily cheap...having said that, theres too many variables. we only have the one car so we're both on the insurance which would take up price i guess.

Not necessarily. My insurance is cheaper with my missus on it than it is without her.

And yeah, I think they're all fully comp.

Edited by: "deeky" 11th Mar 2014
thanks for heads up anyway deeky as mines up for renewal end of the month.
Insurance due in May so will give a try then.
EN1GMA

thanks for heads up anyway deeky as mines up for renewal end of the month.

Yeah, mums was fully comp.

Go through topcashback compare, quidco compare, go compare and comparethemarket if you can be bothered/have the time.

Don't assume the topcashback or quidco compare application cash back rates are the same as if you click through the insurer through the direct tcb or quidco link. They sometimes lower the compare rates for lazy people.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants