Groups

ethernet plug adapter - how good are they?

Hi there,

My wireless signal keeps playing up and dropping so I was thinking of buying a ethernet plug adapter. the question is, how easy are they to set up and are they ok/fast enough to watch movie playback? thank you for reading.

9 Comments

very easy to set up and yes they will be fine to play movies, i use a set on my dreamboxHD and it works fine

interesting, I'm having the same problem, any recomendations on what plugs or are they all very much the same ?

They should be fine I would just go with a good brand like Netgear or a well known networking company then ya shouldn't have any issues. I think they start around the £40-£50 mark for a pair.

i have some, they are good when they work but sometimes they dont recognise each other but when u unplug them a few times once the signal is there is nice and fast

Original Poster

Mclovin: you say they are good when they work, so are they just as unreliable as wifi? how often does yours dont work? when you say they dont recongnise each other, will they do that even if they are always plugged in and connected? thank you for reading.

KKND

Mclovin: you say they are good when they work, so are they just as … Mclovin: you say they are good when they work, so are they just as unreliable as wifi? how often does yours dont work? when you say they dont recongnise each other, will they do that even if they are always plugged in and connected? thank you for reading.

Mine are 100% reliable, have never lost connection, they really are just plug and play.

got some of these for a mates house and they were a peice of cake to setup and seem reliable - he has not been back to me about them in over 3 months !!!

solwise.co.uk/net…htm

also a couple of vids here anout home plgs

solwise.co.uk/net…htm

hth

EliTom

KKND

Mclovin: you say they are good when they work, so are they just as … Mclovin: you say they are good when they work, so are they just as unreliable as wifi? how often does yours dont work? when you say they dont recongnise each other, will they do that even if they are always plugged in and connected? thank you for reading.

nah if you leave them plugged in it will always work.. mine for some reason go a bit funny when u unplug them and plug them in again the next day,.... dunno why - but deffo more reliable than wifi ( i do a lot of internet gaming and its fine through the plugs)

Mclovin

nah if you leave them plugged in it will always work.. mine for some … nah if you leave them plugged in it will always work.. mine for some reason go a bit funny when u unplug them and plug them in again the next day,.... dunno why - but deffo more reliable than wifi ( i do a lot of internet gaming and its fine through the plugs)

There is an obvious cure then.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1751
      2. What would be HELL to you?1415
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927365
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767287

See more discussions