eToro - Copying successful traders

Posted 4th Dec
Hi all,

I've heard of eToro (The trading platform), and I heard that you can copy successful traders and you can make the same money they are making.

Is it really as simple as that? Surely it can't be that easy to make money, right?
They also offer cryptocurrency trading too.

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I highly doubt it, if it was that simple everyone would be doing it.
Cryptocurrency, successful, making money - I think there is a lot wrong with these few words in the same sentence. Its not easy by any chance and you have more chance of losing money than making it. If you are prepared for a loss then go ahead and try but start small and expect to be conned.
Zooicidal04/12/2019 16:09

I highly doubt it, if it was that simple everyone would be doing it.

Yes you can copy them, but you have to know what you're doing and they have to know what they are doing. You'd need a huge capital to get any gain unless the company's stocks massive rose.
OP did you not consider inventory, investment, & all that shebang & if you "copy" then it makes things as dull as ditchwater, & how can you make money when you are nigh on identical & same price?, ....sucker punch, smell the roses.
Likely you'll just be used for a price comparison with algorythm price changes that make you the stooge! ..unless of course you have a massive inventory bought cheaply because of buying power & your uncles factory (for example)
this post made me laugh.
Yes you can copy them, but they aren't guaranteed to be profitable every time.

Just look at horse racing bets, people take the advice of bookies and sometimes win, and sometimes lose.
eToro has been around for a long time now, it comes up on various chat rooms and blogs. The usual comments, as with most investments of a speculative nature, is that the majority of people lose money. Anything to do with investing is never a simple one way bet or we'd all be doing it. As Warren Buffet said, it is much more reliable to 'get rich slow'. If you want to have a go for fun with money that you are prepared to (and can afford to) lose, that's fine, but it is gambling not investing.
Thanks for the posts guys! I guess it wasn’t ever gonna be that easy to make money haha
Ioa05/12/2019 16:07

Thanks for the posts guys! I guess it wasn’t ever gonna be that easy to m …Thanks for the posts guys! I guess it wasn’t ever gonna be that easy to make money haha

the reason that copying someone else's trading pattern won't work is because trading is a risky business. it is all about understanding risk and how to manage it to your own advantage. to make money from trading, you have to be able to analyse what is going on with a stock to assess if it is going to be profitable. you do also need a lot of luck but simply relying on luck alone, your luck will soon run out.

trading pattern needs to be individual to your own circumstance as it depends on how much money you are willing to risk, how long you are willing to risk it for, and your own attitude to how much risk you are willing to expose yourself to.

to be a successful trader, you need to learn about investment so you know what you are investing in, and you need to develop your own trading pattern / strategies individual to yourself.
mutley105/12/2019 16:39

the reason that copying someone else's trading pattern won't work is …the reason that copying someone else's trading pattern won't work is because trading is a risky business. it is all about understanding risk and how to manage it to your own advantage. to make money from trading, you have to be able to analyse what is going on with a stock to assess if it is going to be profitable. you do also need a lot of luck but simply relying on luck alone, your luck will soon run out.trading pattern needs to be individual to your own circumstance as it depends on how much money you are willing to risk, how long you are willing to risk it for, and your own attitude to how much risk you are willing to expose yourself to.to be a successful trader, you need to learn about investment so you know what you are investing in, and you need to develop your own trading pattern / strategies individual to yourself.

Yes that's true. Thanks!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants