EU citizens in the UK.

Found 28th Oct 2017
I work with EU citizens every day and many of them are thinking about going home due to the referendum vote. Even if a fraction of them do so then our health service etc will struggle. The utopia we've been promised better be good.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

I'll get a violin prepared.

Brexit goes against the official line that all immigrants are productive and that the UK didn't function for 100's of years before the existence of the EU.

All the families I know that originate from other EU countries are not bothered by the referendum vote. It will have zero effect on their status, and they have made their lives here. Their children of all ages have spent the majority, of not all of their lives in the UK.

Graham19792 h, 51 m ago

More lies and spin from the remoaners. We need UK nurses not Polish ones. …More lies and spin from the remoaners. We need UK nurses not Polish ones. The local uni had thousands of applications for 50 spaces. We have 1000s waiting with really good qualifications bit not the infrastructure to train them. Lets spend some of the billions we waste on transgender dolphins on our own people. WE BORROW MONEY FROM THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS TO GIVE AWAY. EU immigrants who came here and haven't worked would be gone. EU migrants who have not been NET contributors would be gone. Only those that bring us something we need stay. Australia has the right system. We don't need Romania's illiterate or Czech Republic unskilled shelf stackers.

Lol, so Eastern European immigrant = illiterate? They might have a degree back in their country for all you know.
Lots of people have to make do with low-paid jobs when they move to a new country because they lack work experience in that country to do anything better.

I know because I went through that and I moved here only to join my quasi husband, not because I wanted to leave my home country, where I had a permanent, decent-paid job.

Have you seen how many Brits are illiterate anyway? Even on this website alone... lots of people can barely spell in their own language. I find that appalling.

I used to do some freelancing work for a text-based service here and had to trawl through FB profiles and so on and I can tell you the average Brit, if I had to judge their literacy by my personal experience only, is pretty much illiterate lol.

I'm Italian and I can spell WAY better than my partner who is British. He asks me how to spell words sometimes and I have a higher education than him and everyone in his family

Yours are just typical prejudices.

By the way, I don't know where you see all these Polish nurses. It's mainly Africans who come here to do that, not Polish women.
Edited by: "hearts22" 29th Oct 2017

So, let me get this straight. There was a vote, some EU visitors to our country, who are getting paid to do a job don't like it, so they spit their dummy out and go.

Meh...

When the Brexit vote happened remainers stated how awful it was that people from the EU who had done so much for our country were getting rejected. What seems to be forgotten is that some people left the country they lived in and came to the UK to get paid more than they could get at home or in the case of countries with high unemployment, a job. They have been paid and in the end they are owed nothing...........

Leaving your country and getting a job somewhere else on more money else isn't a sacrifice or noble act, it is a decision to makes ones life better... Let's not make out that these people have gone to help Ebola victims in Africa with no pay.

If there is a shortfall in staff in the NHS, that can be dealt with, it just takes more imagination than our government has.
68 Comments

I'll get a violin prepared.

Brexit goes against the official line that all immigrants are productive and that the UK didn't function for 100's of years before the existence of the EU.

All the families I know that originate from other EU countries are not bothered by the referendum vote. It will have zero effect on their status, and they have made their lives here. Their children of all ages have spent the majority, of not all of their lives in the UK.

davewave19 m ago

Brexit goes against the official line that all immigrants are productive …Brexit goes against the official line that all immigrants are productive and that the UK didn't function for 100's of years before the existence of the EU.

Official only in the minds of those that are so biased that they can't see both sides of the argument regarding Brexit.
So the usual twoddle from those in either camp who are too simple to understand the complexities of modern life so retreat to an infantile mindset where everything is black and white.

So, let me get this straight. There was a vote, some EU visitors to our country, who are getting paid to do a job don't like it, so they spit their dummy out and go.

Meh...

When the Brexit vote happened remainers stated how awful it was that people from the EU who had done so much for our country were getting rejected. What seems to be forgotten is that some people left the country they lived in and came to the UK to get paid more than they could get at home or in the case of countries with high unemployment, a job. They have been paid and in the end they are owed nothing...........

Leaving your country and getting a job somewhere else on more money else isn't a sacrifice or noble act, it is a decision to makes ones life better... Let's not make out that these people have gone to help Ebola victims in Africa with no pay.

If there is a shortfall in staff in the NHS, that can be dealt with, it just takes more imagination than our government has.

There are alot of Eastern Europeans on my street and in my area, I work with people from around the world not just the EU and none of them are bothered or looking to move home. I honestly doubt people from the NHS will look to move either, there is a reason they decided to study and work in the UK and that won't miraculously change over night, especially since alot of staff are from outside of the EU in the first place.

Some people came to the UK to escape serious intolerance at home and since the referendum the rise in intolerance in this country towards certain groups has noticeably increased.
That alone will make some people wish to move to another European country.
But I'm not going to do as some insist on doing which is to make wild and probably unsubstantiated guesses basically as to how significant that will be.
Likewise I'm not going to make any predictions on if the Brexit gamble will pay out or prove to be a flop.
I have opinions but that's all they are but unlike some people I don't mistake opinions on very complex subjects as facts.
The referendum was on whether the UK should make a massive and highly risky bet.
We are now in the process of looking at the terms of the bet after placing it, which is clearly not a great position as we all know that the odds are in the favour of the house as they set them.
But still, let's meet back here in 5 years and see how the bet went as we will have an idea then maybe!

Agharta16 m ago

Maybe you can offer something useful for once. Do you know how to block …Maybe you can offer something useful for once. Do you know how to block users as I can't see how to do that using the overhauled site. Anyone?

32329181-JjiOF.jpg
When the new site was introduced they were completely blocked
Sadly we are back to the 'bastardised' version

Wongy1101 m ago

[Image] When the new site was introduced they were completely blocked …[Image] When the new site was introduced they were completely blocked Sadly we are back to the 'bastardised' version

Thanks Wongy, I did look to block this person a few days ago but couldn't see how to.

ceres59 m ago

The subject of this thread is EU citizens who have settled in the UK, not …The subject of this thread is EU citizens who have settled in the UK, not people from other parts of the world where they have experienced 'intolerance'.

Oops my bad, I slipped into Boris mode.
I will reboot my system with a glass of Gamay which being French may repulse some.

At the same time, some EU citizens have also been subjected to intolerance post Referndum so that half of my post is still relevant.
Edited by: "Agharta" 28th Oct 2017

tbh i am not against brexit per se but i do find rather sad to think that some of the social benefits and advances that have been made may be undone by a ruling class that is hell bent on using the divide and conquer strategy on us.
It's also a bit reminiscent of my childhood days where the kids from the estate on the other side of town were seen as enemies simply because

fishtastic1 h, 46 m ago

So, let me get this straight. There was a vote, some EU visitors to our …So, let me get this straight. There was a vote, some EU visitors to our country, who are getting paid to do a job don't like it, so they spit their dummy out and go. Meh... When the Brexit vote happened remainers stated how awful it was that people from the EU who had done so much for our country were getting rejected. What seems to be forgotten is that some people left the country they lived in and came to the UK to get paid more than they could get at home or in the case of countries with high unemployment, a job. They have been paid and in the end they are owed nothing........... Leaving your country and getting a job somewhere else on more money else isn't a sacrifice or noble act, it is a decision to makes ones life better... Let's not make out that these people have gone to help Ebola victims in Africa with no pay. If there is a shortfall in staff in the NHS, that can be dealt with, it just takes more imagination than our government has.

At the end of your comment, I am curious as to what "imagination" is, could you let us know a few specific examples of imagination please?

When there is an EU thread,
I think if your "ruling class" is the one handing our cucumber and grapes here.
maddogb13 m ago

tbh i am not against brexit per se but i do find rather sad to think that …tbh i am not against brexit per se but i do find rather sad to think that some of the social benefits and advances that have been made may be undone by a ruling class that is hell bent on using the divide and conquer strategy on us.It's also a bit reminiscent of my childhood days where the kids from the estate on the other side of town were seen as enemies simply because

splender6 m ago

At the end of your comment, I am curious as to what "imagination" is, …At the end of your comment, I am curious as to what "imagination" is, could you let us know a few specific examples of imagination please?

Pay them a decent wage and stop making them work ridiculously long hours?

I came up with those examples in about 5 seconds and I'm not even imaginative.
Edited by: "deeky" 29th Oct 2017

More lies and spin from the remoaners. We need UK nurses not Polish ones. The local uni had thousands of applications for 50 spaces. We have 1000s waiting with really good qualifications bit not the infrastructure to train them. Lets spend some of the billions we waste on transgender dolphins on our own people. WE BORROW MONEY FROM THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS TO GIVE AWAY.

EU immigrants who came here and haven't worked would be gone. EU migrants who have not been NET contributors would be gone. Only those that bring us something we need stay. Australia has the right system. We don't need Romania's illiterate or Czech Republic unskilled shelf stackers.

Bye bye

Bye bye EU citizens, we have an endless supply of Cricket fans!.

32329583-Hejx6.jpg

I think of going home every time I go to work, what's the problem ?

Graham19792 h, 51 m ago

More lies and spin from the remoaners. We need UK nurses not Polish ones. …More lies and spin from the remoaners. We need UK nurses not Polish ones. The local uni had thousands of applications for 50 spaces. We have 1000s waiting with really good qualifications bit not the infrastructure to train them. Lets spend some of the billions we waste on transgender dolphins on our own people. WE BORROW MONEY FROM THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS TO GIVE AWAY. EU immigrants who came here and haven't worked would be gone. EU migrants who have not been NET contributors would be gone. Only those that bring us something we need stay. Australia has the right system. We don't need Romania's illiterate or Czech Republic unskilled shelf stackers.

Lol, so Eastern European immigrant = illiterate? They might have a degree back in their country for all you know.
Lots of people have to make do with low-paid jobs when they move to a new country because they lack work experience in that country to do anything better.

I know because I went through that and I moved here only to join my quasi husband, not because I wanted to leave my home country, where I had a permanent, decent-paid job.

Have you seen how many Brits are illiterate anyway? Even on this website alone... lots of people can barely spell in their own language. I find that appalling.

I used to do some freelancing work for a text-based service here and had to trawl through FB profiles and so on and I can tell you the average Brit, if I had to judge their literacy by my personal experience only, is pretty much illiterate lol.

I'm Italian and I can spell WAY better than my partner who is British. He asks me how to spell words sometimes and I have a higher education than him and everyone in his family

Yours are just typical prejudices.

By the way, I don't know where you see all these Polish nurses. It's mainly Africans who come here to do that, not Polish women.
Edited by: "hearts22" 29th Oct 2017

davewave8 h, 12 m ago

I'll get a violin prepared. Brexit goes against the official line that all …I'll get a violin prepared. Brexit goes against the official line that all immigrants are productive and that the UK didn't function for 100's of years before the existence of the EU.

You mean the hundreds of years in which thousands of people emigrated? from wind rush, to huguenots, jews to African slaves those hundreds of years? What about the anglo saxons, the vikings, the romans, the irish, the roma?

Are you a Neanderthal Dave? You'd have to be to claim you have more right to be here as they walked into this country first, it would explain a lot with you. However i believe you are Jewish that would indicate your family probably came here after 1600, possibly in the 1700s as mine did, even more likely in the 1900s from Germany or Russia.

catbeans7 h, 43 m ago

There are alot of Eastern Europeans on my street and in my area, I work …There are alot of Eastern Europeans on my street and in my area, I work with people from around the world not just the EU and none of them are bothered or looking to move home. I honestly doubt people from the NHS will look to move either, there is a reason they decided to study and work in the UK and that won't miraculously change over night, especially since alot of staff are from outside of the EU in the first place.

People are leaving the NHS anyway its a sinking ship, medical students are studying with a mind to move to Australia or America. No one expects the NHS to exist in ten years time after the Tory's have finished

Agharta7 h, 35 m ago

Some people came to the UK to escape serious intolerance at home and since …Some people came to the UK to escape serious intolerance at home and since the referendum the rise in intolerance in this country towards certain groups has noticeably increased.That alone will make some people wish to move to another European country.But I'm not going to do as some insist on doing which is to make wild and probably unsubstantiated guesses basically as to how significant that will be.Likewise I'm not going to make any predictions on if the Brexit gamble will pay out or prove to be a flop.I have opinions but that's all they are but unlike some people I don't mistake opinions on very complex subjects as facts.The referendum was on whether the UK should make a massive and highly risky bet.We are now in the process of looking at the terms of the bet after placing it, which is clearly not a great position as we all know that the odds are in the favour of the house as they set them.But still, let's meet back here in 5 years and see how the bet went as we will have an idea then maybe!

If you go against brexit you must be with all those idiots in university and the so called experts in various fields such as science and the financial markets, the daily mail will print your name so the brexiteers can ride in and burn all your books, that'll learn you!

Eastern europeans are in general hard working and honest i have employed several and im not saying all but most tend to hve a better work ethic than uk counterparts

They also tend to fit in pretty well within our society and dont bring any religious nonsense with them or expect us to change to suit them. Brexit is bad because its poorly organised it could of been a good thing but we will never know

123batman3211 h, 6 m ago

Eastern europeans are in general hard working and honest i have employed …Eastern europeans are in general hard working and honest i have employed several and im not saying all but most tend to hve a better work ethic than uk counterpartsThey also tend to fit in pretty well within our society and dont bring any religious nonsense with them or expect us to change to suit them. Brexit is bad because its poorly organised it could of been a good thing but we will never know

Maybe its because they have something to work for, they can see the efforts of their labour going towards a nest egg, there nice retirement home back home.

We don't have that, we are stuck in the rat run knowing all the money will go into rent or a over priced mortgage we struggle to pay, we try not to think of retirement because for the majority we expect a miserable one where we have to choose heating or eating.

Our productivity is crap because we are all stick and no carrot in this country

I personally think that when the free movement ends anyone here should be allowed to stay indefinitely unless they commit crime (I’m talking assault, stabbing, robbery etc not speeding ticket or parking ticket), in which case they should be deported immediately.

ceres10 h, 20 m ago

The subject of this thread is EU citizens who have settled in the UK, not …The subject of this thread is EU citizens who have settled in the UK, not people from other parts of the world where they may or may not have experienced 'intolerance'. However, if those non-EU people wish to leave the UK and settle in other EU countries, I doubt many obstacles will be put in their way.

I guess we shouldn't have brought them here for labour in the first place then! I prefer people like you out of my way than a hard working foreigner. Look at all that they have done for this country and your still not happy? Ok we have good and bad people, but don't we all.

We will get new people to work for us from other countries on a better deal for us!

Certantly around where I live, a lot of the NHS staff are black Africans from the usual former colonies and quite a lot of Philiipiono women.
Edited by: "groenleader" 29th Oct 2017

groenleader37 m ago

We will get new people to work for us from other countries on a better …We will get new people to work for us from other countries on a better deal for us!Certantly around where I live, a lot of the NHS staff are black Africans from the usual former colonies and quite a lot of Philiipiono women.

Some African countries have free nursing colleges, so they can learn for 3 years with work in a training hospital too, then sod off over here where pay is better and at least the job is less hazardous due to lower rates of HIV and TB etc.

Not very helpful to Africans tho

deeky10 h, 1 m ago

Pay them a decent wage and stop making them work ridiculously long hours? …Pay them a decent wage and stop making them work ridiculously long hours? I came up with those examples in about 5 seconds and I'm not even imaginative.

I don't have this imagination of paying them a decent wage and stop making them work ridiculously long hours as an imagination to Fishtastic stating , "If there is a shortfall in staff in the NHS, that can be dealt with, it just takes more imagination than our government has."

I cannot imagine how that there is a shortage of staff now, I agree with paying them more bit, which is a no-brainer, the NHS could function tomorrow in stopping them work ridiculously long hours without additional imagination.

Besides, Fishtastic has not answered to me as yet what imaginative specific examples he had in mind as yet.

splender9 m ago

I don't have this imagination of paying them a decent wage and stop making …I don't have this imagination of paying them a decent wage and stop making them work ridiculously long hours as an imagination to Fishtastic stating , "If there is a shortfall in staff in the NHS, that can be dealt with, it just takes more imagination than our government has."I cannot imagine how that there is a shortage of staff now, I agree with paying them more bit, which is a no-brainer, the NHS could function tomorrow in stopping them work ridiculously long hours without additional imagination.Besides, Fishtastic has not answered to me as yet what imaginative specific examples he had in mind as yet.

I did say I wasn't very imaginative

Czech republic unskilled shelf stackers? Ouch!!! I was pretty sure I'm not going to comment as I always - once I say I am not british - get all the ******* you can think of, starting with "learn english first" with **** off home" last.

I don't mind, I speak second language - yep not perfect as for the last 11y I was working in here and due to long working hours not able to attend school/courses etc.

Have you got an idea how smart those "Czech republic unskilled shelf stackers" are??? You don't need to study to do that. Everyone can do so. Most of the ppl doing so are originally highly skilled - doctors, nurses, engineers etc. But their english is either not perfect or they haven't got chance to do their proffesion in here. I worked at the airport and cleaner was hungarian lady - 8 y cleaning toilets but in fact heart surgeon with over 130 transplants done!! She had some bad luck back home (family issues) and because she needed to support her kids she went to UK. Because of money... she did not care what job she does as far as it got her money to buy food for her kids.

My best friend worked in laboratory - genetic. She worked past 8 years in Mc Donalds (highly unskilled huh?) to fund her studies in UK. It did not matter that she actually had the schools and experiences from home.. so she paid for it and now after 8y flipping burgers she works for NHS. Luck? Nope. One of the regulars was nurse from hospital, moaning about no staff etc. and got her into nhs due to "i know someone who knows someone!"

I know thousands of czech/slovaks in Mcr. Yep every third left, is leaving or will leave. Why? Because pound is so weak that we can get same money back home now. Or if not same, just bit less without being called immigrands, without racism and without - after paying tax and working our *** out for years - lisening to "you have done nothing for this country". Blahblahblah.

We did not came for free NHS. We actually, if needed nhs care, fly home and pay for it back home. As it's no chance to see GP here or they got 10mins per patient and sends you home. I personally waited 8 months to be seen by specialist to be told I came too late. 8 months. In the meantime I was 7x back home and spent over 5k back home.

We choose better (easier) life in different country. Most of us works and do jobs english don't want to do. We have no choice - we have bills to pay. You all say we live in share houses.. yep. Because we have to rent through agencies. We pay 400-500 each per room and it's 5-6 of us in house. We share because we can not afford to pay full price. And 50% of our english friends is either not working or claiming tax credits and/or benefits. And they ARE unskilled. And we don't say a word!
Edited by moderator: "removed swear" 29th Oct 2017

Misslovely2 h, 44 m ago

I guess we shouldn't have brought them here for labour in the first place …I guess we shouldn't have brought them here for labour in the first place then! I prefer people like you out of my way than a hard working foreigner. Look at all that they have done for this country and your still not happy? Ok we have good and bad people, but don't we all.

"Every man has his price" as an adage says it is the "value for money that a salary buys" that is key. Currency exchange rate is a factor. Money remitted back home that's worth 25% less means less value for one's labour. A heart surgeon who is a cleaner gets value by having children educated for free. Yet fluent English heart surgeons could not perform without a good cleaner. So it is right for a cleaner to share some of the wealth from these heart surgeons in a societal structure.
Without a doubt, an English born cleaner could have aspirations to work hard as a "cleaner" for a pittance of £7.50/hr to bring up three children to become engineers, doctors and investment analysts. However where I live I find this much more common event for a foreigner than it is for an English. But this is a phenomenon of globalisation and movements of people. Those who emigrate are typically the ones who can take harder labour for better "value for money that a salary buys". So it is true that there are millions of British who are emigrants and are hard workers (though much less likely for low incomes in the host countries of the EU). The British emigrants have reduced the population of this country by hundreds of millions (just tote up the British descents of the British dispora) so clearly British were and still are capable of being hard workers, they just wait for jobs abroad which pay value so that they can remit the money back home in UK. Hypotherically if the £ crashes in the next decade to 25-50 Euro cents to £1 exchange rate then I am pretty confident where many low paid workers would go.
csmcr52 m ago

Czech republic unskilled shelf stackers? Ouch!!! I was pretty sure I'm not …Czech republic unskilled shelf stackers? Ouch!!! I was pretty sure I'm not going to comment as I always - once I say I am not british - get all the b******t you can think of, starting with "learn english first" with "f* off home" last.I don't mind, I speak second language - yep not perfect as for the last 11y I was working in here and due to long working hours not able to attend school/courses etc.Have you got an idea how smart those "Czech republic unskilled shelf stackers" are??? You don't need to study to do that. Everyone can do so. Most of the ppl doing so are originally highly skilled - doctors, nurses, engineers etc. But their english is either not perfect or they haven't got chance to do their proffesion in here. I worked at the airport and cleaner was hungarian lady - 8 y cleaning toilets but in fact heart surgeon with over 130 transplants done!! She had some bad luck back home (family issues) and because she needed to support her kids she went to UK. Because of money... she did not care what job she does as far as it got her money to buy food for her kids.My best friend worked in laboratory - genetic. She worked past 8 years in Mc Donalds (highly unskilled huh?) to fund her studies in UK. It did not matter that she actually had the schools and experiences from home.. so she paid for it and now after 8y flipping burgers she works for NHS. Luck? Nope. One of the regulars was nurse from hospital, moaning about no staff etc. and got her into nhs due to "i know someone who knows someone!"I know thousands of czech/slovaks in Mcr. Yep every third left, is leaving or will leave. Why? Because pound is so weak that we can get same money back home now. Or if not same, just bit less without being called immigrands, without racism and without - after paying tax and working our *** out for years - lisening to "you have done nothing for this country". Blahblahblah.We did not came for free NHS. We actually, if needed nhs care, fly home and pay for it back home. As it's no chance to see GP here or they got 10mins per patient and sends you home. I personally waited 8 months to be seen by specialist to be told I came too late. 8 months. In the meantime I was 7x back home and spent over 5k back home. We choose better (easier) life in different country. Most of us works and do jobs english don't want to do. We have no choice - we have bills to pay. You all say we live in share houses.. yep. Because we have to rent through agencies. We pay 400-500 per room and it's 5-6 of us in house. We share because we can not afford to pay full price. And 50% of our english friends is either not working or claiming tax credits and/or benefits. And they ARE unskilled. And we don't say a word!

ceres55 m ago

I prefer people who can read, comprehend and respond without resort to ad …I prefer people who can read, comprehend and respond without resort to ad hom attack and that isn't you (or indeed a number of others posting in this thread) so I'll leave you to wrestle with your seething little ball of prejudices.

Edited by: "splender" 29th Oct 2017

Let me get a violin as well!
We have allowed in millions of 3rd world East European economic migrants who are absolutely uncivilized and don't know or don't care about how they behave in a 1st world country like ours. Our own incompetent govt. doesn't know how may of them are in the country but decides to pull a figure from the hat and present it to us. The remoaner sheep looks at this nice low figure and try to argue that there aren't much of them in the country.

And, they are still coming and bringing in their whole dynasty.
If you were an East European from a crappy East European country and were told that you could go to the land of milk & honey for free ( no visa ) and you would recieve free money ( aka benefits ), a free house, money for not working, free medical treatment, free English education for your kids upto college and even if you did get a job, you would get a salary many times more than in your own country, WOULDN'T YOU GO TOO ?

They have brought their 3rd world crimes with them as well. Look at the increase of gun crime, prostitution, human trafficking, drugs, kidnapping, pick-pocketing, GBH, burglaries, robberies, etc.

And, mass immigration has caused issues for our society. Overcrowded trains, delays in getting GP appointments, increase in house prices, lack of school places, congested roads, lack of low-skilled jobs - are only a few to name. I am concerned for my kids ( in the future ). They won't be able to work in MacD's or retail when they are in school or even buy a house later in life. They will be stuck living with their parents. Why should I suffer because of millions of foreigners flooding my country ?

You can argue about non-EU people. Well, there are 200+ countries in the world and they have to apply for visas from their own country. Getting a British visa is like winning the lottery.
Edited by: "zworld" 29th Oct 2017

csmcr59 m ago

And 50% of our english friends is either not working or claiming tax …And 50% of our english friends is either not working or claiming tax credits and/or benefits. And they ARE unskilled. And we don't say a word!

First, I don't consider Czech as part of East Europe.
Second, It's their country. They were born with a golden spoon in their mouth. Who are you to come here and judge us ?

You sound like an Asian cleaner in the middle-east who complains that he is very hard-working but his Arab employers just sit around and do nothing. Well, duh! The employer is Arab and the cleaner isn't.
Edited by: "zworld" 29th Oct 2017

they are probably concerned about the uncertainty of what will happen to their right of stay in the UK when we have left the EU.

No need to get personal here. There are lots of reasons people voted for Brexit, mass uncontrolled immigration was one of them. If people want to play the blame game, blame the politicians on all sides of the political spectrum who allowed it to happen. People came here legally for a better life and I don’t hold that against them. If I put myself in a situation where I could move freely to another country, have upto a 5 fold increase in wages and all the goodies that come with living in a 1st world country I would. Blame the politicians for everything, letting it happen and the catastrophic cuts to services meaning longer waiting times, less school spaces etc that have made life worse for everyone.

If they are qualified in a skill. We need them. But the government don’t help are services enough. So putting off future adults to train in that skill. So rely on EU members

Segata-Sanshiro4 h, 16 m ago

Maybe its because they have something to work for, they can see the …Maybe its because they have something to work for, they can see the efforts of their labour going towards a nest egg, there nice retirement home back home.We don't have that, we are stuck in the rat run knowing all the money will go into rent or a over priced mortgage we struggle to pay, we try not to think of retirement because for the majority we expect a miserable one where we have to choose heating or eating.Our productivity is crap because we are all stick and no carrot in this country

Thats just a pessemistic view and its not the view of most brits. Ask any employer in most sectors but particularly hotels etc. Most brits dont want to do this type of work and dont apply. We have this idea that we should be paid lots of money for un skilled work which is wrong

No. Czech republic is not in Eastern Europe ;-)

Well. If cleaner pay tax and nhs than is contributing in system and can use "free" schools for kids, right? But it's not free as she pays taxes..? ;-) Btw. most of them have kids back home.. they can't afford to bring them in due to the cost of living. And no, not all of them are claiming child tax etc.

You do realise that once you work abroad and pay NIN there, you actually loose your "free" access to health care etc. not only for you but your kids too? So you are working and paying tax here - tax used by everyone living in UK - and you still have to spend your own money for healthcare etc for your kids back home? ;-) Something what not everyone knows and realise.

You all shout that healthcare, school etc. is free here and that's the reason we came here. Nope. In our (and all europian) country it's free as well (once you work - pay taxes).

90% of my friends voting yes for brexit said after referendum that they thought they are voting to stop immigrants from non-EU. Did not realised it actually isn't about them at all..

Btw. 3rd country eastern europe? It's either europe (eastern western etc.) OR 3rd country ( = non-EU)

splender13 h, 16 m ago

At the end of your comment, I am curious as to what "imagination" is, …At the end of your comment, I am curious as to what "imagination" is, could you let us know a few specific examples of imagination please?

For a start, let's make training as a nurse free, or as a minimum fund as promised.

google.co.uk/amp…ies

How about the NHS visiting every school and showing every school kid what they could do, including being a doctor.

How about the number of places for doctors and nurses being how many doctors we need plus a buffer for attrition.

Increase in the availability of conversion courses.

Freeze the payments of loans for those who work for the NHS, write off after 10 years of NHS work.

Do more to encourage women who left medicine to have kids to return part-time.

Do a full costing of non-UK doctors, especially in the light of the decisions below

mpts-uk.org/dec…asp

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

Recruiting doctors from outside the UK gives governments a false sense of how many doctors we need. The government should plan to fill all vacancies from within the UK.

Personally, I believe taking doctors and nurses from outside the first world is immoral, these countries often fund the training themselves as they are desperately in need.

Doing this analysis would put the current funding method for doctors in context.

As it stands we tend to spend put young kids off applying to be doctors, courses have 10 application for ever place. Medical courses ask for your experience in health care dealing with people, it is difficult for kids with parents without connections to get the right experience. Often when kids approach hospitals to do work experience they get knocked back. We could formalise a method so any kid that wants to work in medicine could join a youth medical corp at their local hospital.

Etc.... Etc... Etc...

And I wish I have lovely nest built back home. All my money goes towards paying rent and bills in here lol so yep i think i am contributing
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions