EU Plug On Steam Mop From Amazon - Says 16A/250V On EU Plug, Rated At 1400-1600 Watts. 13A UK Plug Suitable?

8 replies
Found 27th Nov 2016
As above. Just got this from Amazon today - disappointed to see it has an EU plug. I will cut off the EU plug and re-wire with a UK one, just want to ensure a 13A fuse is okay?

Re my previous thread hotukdeals.com/tag/ask…954 (where I used an EU to UK fused adaptor with an EU kettle - the adaptor prongs melted - won't be doing that again!).

Also, does anyone know where I can get a pack of (preferably two or three) 13A fused UK plugs on Amazon Prime so I can take advantage of the quick delivery? So far can only see this Add On item at £3, but have to spend £20 to qualify. amazon.co.uk/Sta…MU/

Thanks

8 Comments

Using the higher wattage estimate, we can work out the approximate amperage 1600/230 which equals 7A so I think using a 13A fuse should be fine but wait for some other answers as I may be wrong.

stick a 13 amp plug on it will be fine.

you can just buy a plug from screwfix for less than a quid,

Original Poster

Cheers HasanG and shadey12. There's a Screwfix a mile or so away, couldn't see any in my local pound shops, one thing you'd think would be easy to find!

louiselouise

Cheers HasanG and shadey12. There's a Screwfix a mile or so away, … Cheers HasanG and shadey12. There's a Screwfix a mile or so away, couldn't see any in my local pound shops, one thing you'd think would be easy to find!

​i suppose there's not a lot of call for them now, as everything comes with them moulded or more fitted.
I always try to remember to take them off old stuff I'm throwing away, in case I need one for something.

shadey12

I always try to remember to take them off old stuff I'm throwing away, … I always try to remember to take them off old stuff I'm throwing away, in case I need one for something.

Exactly what I do, always cut the cord and plug off anything I throw out, and if you don't use them then take the cords (minus plug) to your local scrap yard and get a couple of quid for them.

Delbert Grady

Exactly what I do, always cut the cord and plug off anything I throw out, … Exactly what I do, always cut the cord and plug off anything I throw out, and if you don't use them then take the cords (minus plug) to your local scrap yard and get a couple of quid for them.

​i just take the plug off, some idiot could plug it in and get a belt if you leave the cord attached.

Original Poster

Had a rummage around online - found that Toolstation is actually a ten minute walk from me. Yay! 81p is more like it, I'm going to pick up a few tomorrow (just in case) toolstation.com/sho…540
Edited by: "louiselouise" 27th Nov 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769422
    2. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.22
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322861
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604808

See more discussions