Groups

Euro 2008 Sweepstake??

I'm thinking of running a Euro 2008 Sweepstake here on HUKD.
    I ran one at college for the last world cup and it went well and made things more interesting. And with none of the home nations playing it might help to do the same this time.
    I havent thought of all the details yet, just want to see if there is enough interest to get one going.
    I think I would do it over paypal and the misc thread. There would be two running at the same time. A team Sweepstake and a score sweepstake.

Team - £1 per team. Player pays £1 for a team, when 16 people have payed. The teams are randomly drawn for each player, if your team wins the competition you win the £16.

Score - Player pays £1 for score sheet and predicts scores for every game. If you get the score correct you get 3 points, If you get the home score or away score correct you get 1 point. The player with the most points at the end of the tourniment gets all the money. So if 10 players take part the winner would get £10.

So, what does everyone think?

Here are the teams:

Group A
    Switzerland
    Czech Republic
    Portugal
    Turkey

Group B
    Austria
    Croatia
    Germany
    Poland

Group C
    Netherlands
    Italy
    Romania
    France

Group D
    Greece
    Sweden
    Spain
    Russia

41 Comments

hmmm might be intested, will be difficult due to trust issues

Original Poster

Interest noted, thanks. Yeah the trust issue is tricky, but i have good feedback on here and don't want anything to effect it. and its only £1, lol.

Im in. Its only a pound afterall.

i'll be brazil, thanks

I'm In can i Be Portugal?

Can i be the mighty ENGLAND.............. :?

Banned

Can I be Germany?

kiwinator;2192582

i'll be brazil, thanks

I really hope your joking:thumbsup:

Banned

If teams are picked randomly i'm in.

me to

kiwinator;2192582

i'll be brazil, thanks

i was brazil on here in the last world cup !!! got me no where haha

some one on HUKD ran something similar for the world cup, paid the £1 into his paypal account and at the end what ever money was there was split between 1st,2nd and 3rd i think, so it wasnt the full amount as paypal fees were taken off, still good however

Hope this helps, BTW im in

ill be america...im working on getting them into the tournament. ill see about brazil also for kiwinator

yea im in. how and who will decide who gets what team

ill play!!!!!

Id be in if theres space-thanks :thumbsup:

Count me in too please ;-)

i'd be interested too

i am interested.:thumbsup:

I'd be up for it.

Original Poster

Great, lots of interest. I'll get this going tonight maybe. we will have to decide wether its a £1 a go and get fee taken off OR £1.24 and then its £1 per player for the winner.

kiwinator;2192582

i'll be brazil, thanks

:?

Original Poster

Ricardo Kaka;2192603

I'm In can i Be Portugal?

DLM;2192664

Can I be Germany?

sam2007;2192680

If teams are picked randomly i'm in.

REDRANGER86;2192763

yea im in. how and who will decide who gets what team

karri123;2192791

Id be in if theres space-thanks :thumbsup:

The teams will be choosen randomly, I will draw out of a hat. or if anyone has any good ideas on how to do it.
    There is no limits on the amount of people that can take part, but for the teams sweepstake we need at least 16. and then another 16 after that and so on. So in other words we need either 16, 32, 48 people playing. But for the score sweepstake 1 or all 100,000 members can take part.

Original Poster

Oh, and is it ok for me to open up two threads for this? one for the actual sweepsake and a descussion thread so that the other one doesn't get too messy. it could also double as the general descussion thread for the euros.

Be a good idea taking a video of you drawing the names out of the hat then uploading it to a website so everyone can see

i'll be in for a quid, makes it more interesting with england not been in it.

Original Poster

jackthelad;2193894

Be a good idea taking a video of you drawing the names out of the hat … Be a good idea taking a video of you drawing the names out of the hat then uploading it to a website so everyone can see

good idea, can try and sort that.

can i be in too please

allstar2;2193970

can i be in too please

only if ur good:-D

Original Poster

allstar2;2193970

can i be in too please

you sure can!

Original Poster

that must be about 16 at least now. im going out for a while, but will be back around 8 so will get this typed up and posted during the england game tonight (missus thinks she is watching britains got talent, lol)

If there is still a place I'm in please :thumbsup:

Original Poster

yeah mate loads of room. (for a little one, lol)

anymore interest before the launch tonight?

I'm in.

I'm in

Original Poster

ok guys im back home now. going to get started on the sweepstake, anyone have any final ideas or advice?

are you going to be doing a video or not?

Original Poster

i could do a video if thats what everyone wants

It would make it a bit fairer

video would be nice!

Original Poster

ok guys i shall video the draw/s.
    just about to start typing up the thread
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions