Groups

euro car park fine

I have recievied a parking charge notice of £75 for over staying my stay by 30 min, if I pay this within 14 days this will be reduced to £45 has anyone any advice on how to appeal this or should I pay?

22 Comments

so you did actually over stay by 30 mins?

if so then pay! what justification do you have to appeal?

EliTom

you weren't in a starbucks or restaurant were you ? If you were they can get the tickets cancelled. If you tell them next time you go they supply a list of reg numbers to not send tickets to. Might be worth speaking to where you visited if not starbucks and see if they do something similar - just phone them

My wife did same thing in a lidl car park but luckily I saw a watchdog programme that stated that most of these car parks are free for public because it's alot cheaper for all businesses to apply for a car park. We took no notice of it and it's been over a year not heard anything.

If you want to do same I did do not contact them in any way

Type on youtube how to deal with penalty charge notice a watchdog video should come up just over 2 minutes long

if you live in northern ireland throw it in the bin

there is a fantastic thread on moneysavingexpert about these cowboy operators

Don't ignore it. The Watchdog video is out of date and the legislation has changed. Mr "we haven't heard anything for a year", they have 6 years to come after you, so I would expect a letter in the post sometime.

Go to an informed site. Pepipoo or Parking Cowboys.

forums.pepipoo.com/ind…=60
    Edited by: "getmeone" 14th May

register with Pepipoo and ask on there.

Here is the standard letter for ECP which will almost certainly get you an appeal to POPLA. Look for Cabbyman over on Pepipoo if you want real help to beat this. It does take some work and if you feel it is not worth the £40, pay it. It will help them finance more tickets to people who can ill afford it.
    Quoted from pepipoo thread.
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=112640&st=20

To whom it may concern,

Re: PCN No. xxxxxxxx dated xx/3/17

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable signs were are in very small print and the full terms are neither readable nor available to drivers.
    Furthermore, I do not believe your ‘PCN’ adheres to the POFA Schedule 4 in that its wording is incorrect and non-compliant.
    There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxx

Just ignore it and then cry about it when bailiffs clamp your car and you pay hundreds instead of the £45 you owe for saving a few quid to pay for parking

DAMNOME

Just ignore it and then cry about it when bailiffs clamp your car and you … Just ignore it and then cry about it when bailiffs clamp your car and you pay hundreds instead of the £45 you owe for saving a few quid to pay for parking

Surely you are not advocating ignoring the order of a court. That is the only way Bailiffs would be able to clamp a car in this instance.
    OP read my PM.
    Edited by: "getmeone" 14th May

Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses, this was at a pub/restaurant, I was thinking of using the delay of service from the pub as an excuse?

Deanibs

Thanks for all the responses, this was at a pub/restaurant, I was … Thanks for all the responses, this was at a pub/restaurant, I was thinking of using the delay of service from the pub as an excuse?

Bin it and nothing will come of it. If you reply to them, you'll open a can of worms

Deanibs

Thanks for all the responses, this was at a pub/restaurant, I was … Thanks for all the responses, this was at a pub/restaurant, I was thinking of using the delay of service from the pub as an excuse?

Contact the pub and tell them you love the pub food etc but you're not going to use them no more etc etc lay it on thick and i bet you get it cancelled i just did with morrisons . Do not ignore it !
    Edited by: "waterloo" 14th May

waterloo

Contact the pub and tell them you love the pub food etc but you're not … Contact the pub and tell them you love the pub food etc but you're not going to use them no more etc etc lay it on thick and i bet you get it cancelled i just did with morrisons . Do not ignore it !

I bet it was painful having to lie to Morrison's about loving their food

getmeone

Surely you are not advocating ignoring the order of a court. That is the … Surely you are not advocating ignoring the order of a court. That is the only way Bailiffs would be able to clamp a car in this instance.OP read my PM.

Whooosh... Straight over your head

Where were you shopping? If you spent money in a store there contact the company you spent money with (or companies) , with details of your spending so you can prove you were there, and explain that you were only 30 minutes over and "could they intercede on your behalf, please?".
    The old days of ignoring the ticket have passed. The cop out was they couldn't prove who was driving and couldn't force you to say, so if you didn't respond they could do squat. The law changed, in England at least, and now the registered owner is compelled by law to reveal the driver at the time or face the charge themselves. So you would be gambling if you ignore it. Best to immediately contact the stores you used and see what you can organise. Go in person if you can, the personal touch may help.

Banned

Write them a letter offering to cover the costs but denying liability.

Say you offer.
    £5 to cover their letter & ink & postage & "losses" due to a lack of space for 30 mins & an administrator to press a button on a computer to produce a standard letter.

Firstly I bet you get no reply.

Secondly if they take you to court the judge would regard it that you made an appropriate offer & they would lose the court case.

Just pay it

TheAccountant12

Write them a letter offering to cover the costs but denying liability. … Write them a letter offering to cover the costs but denying liability. Say you offer.£5 to cover their letter & ink & postage & "losses" due to a lack of space for 30 mins & an administrator to press a button on a computer to produce a standard letter. Firstly I bet you get no reply.Secondly if they take you to court the judge would regard it that you made an appropriate offer & they would lose the court case.

Nope.

DAMNOME

Whooosh... Straight over your head

Nope.:3
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions