Euro car park gave me a postal fine.

Found 18th Jun
I parked at Tesco, it's a small express store. There was no parking spaces available so I parked at loading and it only says keep clear which is 80% rubbed off.
everyone parks there and they still do, I thought I only need to go to cash machine and I will be ok.

I wanted to withdraw money from the cash machine, then i sorted my cash and off I went.
The ticket claims I stayed 2 minute, which may be right as I spend most of the time in my car separating the money.
now I'm hit with a £60 fine. My friend said ignore it as they received one last year and never heard anything back. I have people saying the same etc and some say saves me right (on Facebook)

I'm a good driver, never caused problems.
I'm thinking I should appeal.

The problem is the car park never had sufficient signage up, so I drove in again to have a look.
At the entrance there is a sign regarding length of time only, the other euro signage is distanced well apart so how the hell is someone sposed to know?
on Facebook someone mentioned she dropped off her daughter's and she got a fine too.

now I have learnt not to park anywhere without reading terms and conditions, even if it's for 1 minute.

any advice please.
Community Updates
AskHome & GardenCar
Top comments
"so I parked in the loading" "I'm a good driver"

pay the fine, and learn your lesson that you shouldnt block a loading bay, a good driver would have more consideration about where they parked and wouldnt park in a loading bay sorry
Edited by: "eslick" 18th Jun
Considering you didn’t even use the store, how can you argue it? And parked in the loading bay!
I hate these firms but it’s a minority who give reason for these companies to be hired. No sympathy here. People like you are the reason businesses have to hire them.
Edited by: "choccie32" 18th Jun
30 Comments
Considering you didn’t even use the store, how can you argue it? And parked in the loading bay!
I hate these firms but it’s a minority who give reason for these companies to be hired. No sympathy here. People like you are the reason businesses have to hire them.
Edited by: "choccie32" 18th Jun
"so I parked in the loading" "I'm a good driver"

pay the fine, and learn your lesson that you shouldnt block a loading bay, a good driver would have more consideration about where they parked and wouldnt park in a loading bay sorry
Edited by: "eslick" 18th Jun
You could appeal based on the fact there was no sign but you would need photographic evidence to prove it and there’s no guarantee they will let you off. Additionally ignore those people who say ignore the fine, theres a slim chance the company may drop the fine but the greatest chance is that they will pursue it as an unpaid debt and that will make the fine increase exponentially. A £60 fine if left unpaid with charges etc going through the courts could easily result in well over £1,000 of debt.

The thing is just because everyone else does it doesn’t make it right, you should park responsibly and visiting a cash machine isn’t an appropriate use of a loading only bay, which is used for large vehicles to load/unload or store users to load heavy items. If the car park is full, go somewhere else or wait for a space.
Take photo of the sign. If it's as bad as you say you might get lucky if it goes to court.

Judges usually good on this matter
Edited by: "Gollywood" 18th Jun
deleted1132166
If the sign is worn , take a picture of it. Signage has to be clear
Are you in Scotland or England?
Barthanes6 m ago

Are you in Scotland or England?

England
Use the sign picture and appeal it wasn’t clear.

Don’t park in the loading bay.

Social media will support or accuse you - don’t use it unless you thick skin.

I never use it. Forums maybe like in here.
If you have a photo and the signage is poor / unreadable send it in to eurocarparks to appeal . If it is just slightly faded you will lose . Always worth an appeal to Eurocarpark if your photo shows signage is damaged unclear . But if they reject your appeal they will do so with the knowledge that the signage is clear - so then learn and pay up . Not worth the expense of a legal claim if they reject your claim - as they know they will win ..
Sounds like you got unlucky. Bet you could park there 100+ times and get away with it but not on the day you parked up. Don't take it personally but cough up or fight fine if you think you were in the right. Do you think you are in the right? If so keep parking in the loading bay and keep fighting the tickets. Remember.. Roads are only there to get you from one parking space to another. Lol
Edited by: "wayners" 18th Jun
FFS. Parking in a loading bay and then wh!ngeing about it.

However. Depends on the detail of the signage. If the sign is not clear, DYOR on rejecting the invoice (not fine).
wayners4 m ago

Sounds like you got unlucky. Bet you could park there 100+ times and get …Sounds like you got unlucky. Bet you could park there 100+ times and get away with it but not on the day you parked up. Don't take it personally but cough up or fight fine if you think you were in the right. Do you think you are in the right? If so keep parking in the loading bay and keep fighting the tickets. Remember.. Roads are only there to get you from one parking space to another. Lol

Not unlucky ! it wasn't a traffic warden just happening to pass by , its all done by cameras these days . Only grounds for appeal is if the sign was unclear . Please try to read and understand the post before commenting .
I've ignored plenty of parking fines. Never heard anything back on a single one.
wayners2 m ago

[Image] Today's junkJust come home to it

Is that post on the correct thread
Toptrumpet11 m ago

Is that post on the correct thread

No. Removed
rogparki24 m ago

Not unlucky ! it wasn't a traffic warden just happening to pass by , its …Not unlucky ! it wasn't a traffic warden just happening to pass by , its all done by cameras these days . Only grounds for appeal is if the sign was unclear . Please try to read and understand the post before commenting .

5th line down op wrote. Everyone parks there and still do. Figured it can't be automatic fines from camera as locals would soon learn
Edited by: "wayners" 18th Jun
wayners23 m ago

5th line down op wrote. Everyone parks there and still do. Figured it …5th line down op wrote. Everyone parks there and still do. Figured it can't be automatic fines from camera as locals would soon learn

Yep I heard someone works and does the fines manually, maybe with a mobile phone. When I entered I saw a female playing with her phone so could it be her I don't know.
There's no cameras as such because I have seen a pub with them and they are clearly visible.
34056909.jpg
Basically I parked next to a bay, same level etc.
The road marking is clearly half rubbed off
Edited by: "Misslovely" 18th Jun
Go back to the sign and take a photo of it. Then appeal the fine online with clear explanation.
Why are people making it so difficult? This is what he needs to do, clearly g
Merry00039 m ago

Go back to the sign and take a photo of it. Then appeal the fine online …Go back to the sign and take a photo of it. Then appeal the fine online with clear explanation. Why are people making it so difficult? This is what he needs to do, clearly g

That's what "HE" - username - @Misslovely needs to do , OK I'm a bit old fashioned - But do members ever read posts fully before spouting off ?
rogparki55 m ago

That's what "HE" - username - @Misslovely needs to do , OK I'm a bit old …That's what "HE" - username - @Misslovely needs to do , OK I'm a bit old fashioned - But do members ever read posts fully before spouting off ?

Nope
rogparki2 h, 6 m ago

That's what "HE" - username - @Misslovely needs to do , OK I'm a bit old …That's what "HE" - username - @Misslovely needs to do , OK I'm a bit old fashioned - But do members ever read posts fully before spouting off ?

I'm confused. Who is "He".
Someone else mentioned G
Misslovely1 h, 38 m ago

I'm confused. Who is "He". Someone else mentioned G

I'd take photos of the virtually non-existent bay markings also!

If you get let off, I only ask for a drive around in your car! Looks like something from an Avengers movie
If it’s a parking ticket from a private company rather than council then it is just an invoice and not a fine as such. For them to prove liability they have to evidence that they have suffered a financial loss from you parking there. You could argue that you didn’t prevent any deliveries etc so they didn’t incur any loss and point out the unclear markings as an added extr
If you were only there for 2mins then that sounds like loading/unloading to me
Edited by: "jb66" 19th Jun
DO NOT IGNORE THE FINE. the law has changed and the companies are chasing people now. Check pepipoo.co.uk
Take a photo of the sign if it is as on the above pic then you have a good chance. however I would consult with experts on pepipoo
Misslovely13 h, 26 m ago

Yep I heard someone works and does the fines manually, maybe with a mobile …Yep I heard someone works and does the fines manually, maybe with a mobile phone. When I entered I saw a female playing with her phone so could it be her I don't know. There's no cameras as such because I have seen a pub with them and they are clearly visible. [Image] Basically I parked next to a bay, same level etc. The road marking is clearly half rubbed off

I know that store, and if you use that shop regularly you will know that loading area is where the big tesco trucks park up. Nine times out of ten they couldn't care less, but if a delivery is due and someone is holding that up, the staff will run out and snap cars for Euro car parks.
Gollywood9 h, 0 m ago

I'd take photos of the virtually non-existent bay markings also!If you get …I'd take photos of the virtually non-existent bay markings also!If you get let off, I only ask for a drive around in your car! Looks like something from an Avengers movie

Lol. Any time gollywood. I love it too. It's top spec inside awell
DKLS34 m ago

I know that store, and if you use that shop regularly you will know that …I know that store, and if you use that shop regularly you will know that loading area is where the big tesco trucks park up. Nine times out of ten they couldn't care less, but if a delivery is due and someone is holding that up, the staff will run out and snap cars for Euro car parks.

No delivery was due, there was no que at the cash machine.
Nice to know your local
Misslovely10 m ago

No delivery was due, there was no que at the cash machine. Nice to know …No delivery was due, there was no que at the cash machine. Nice to know your local

In that case bad luck, I did wonder if the staff get a commission from Euro car parks, as I have never seen them that keen, most times I have been there would be another 3/4 cars parked to the right of the juke.

Was local up to last year now moved.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants