euro car parks parking charge notice (pcn)

Found 12th Aug 2017
Hi, I've recently received a pcn for a private car park in Bedford. I did not realise that new charges applied to the private area, I wrote to refuse payment but my appeal was rejected. What position does that leave me in now, am I liable or can I get away with ignoring the letter they sent after I appealed? Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I believe there was a change in the law a while back and these are now enforceable. If you ignore it, it will just get larger as they add collection and late payment fees. . .
Never ignore, follow the official process even when in dispute , which.co.uk/con…and
You expected them to accept the appeal in the first place? Scammy MCsacmface.

You have two choices

A) Ignore the letters they send ALTHOUGH you replied once which means they know they have the right person at the right address and that's all they need. All this change in the law and enforceable means nothing more than seeking money by knocking on your door, no civil court will give them a right to force entry to private property as you don't owe them money that you borrowed. The last ones I got were for a car park at work and the machine was faulty, I even had the woman from the company on video saying she was ticketing cars. luckily I had also photographed the machine to prove the case. I sent them the photos but amazing they rejected the appeal, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY and seeing if your daft enough to pay. I was interested to see how the system worked and appeal to the independent which looked at the photos, (i didn't send them the video although emailed the link), used a few technical terms and the appeal for all the tickets was upheld. There were dozens who just paid their offer of a "reduced" fee.

B) Engage in the process but wouldn't hold your breath, if you were in the wrong and there were signs all over, trust me they will have been then suck it up. BASED ON MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE they try every bluff in the book. They will use fear of bad credit and "court action".

The first letter says you owe us XXX with a photo of your car with a date which will see the "fee" increase. Threat of bailiffs and nice fancy blue and black lines to make it look like its from the police.

Second letter says fee has increase, again same fancy layout and blah blah threats

Third letter says fee has reduced to "show the court we wanted to offer you the opportunity to pay" blah blah, there is no court.

Fourth letter is from a debt collection agency BUT WAIT they own the debt collection agency offering reduced payment

Letter five from a second debt collection company BUT WAIT they own that one too.

No letter six because they're just wasting money on postage. Don't forget they have no idea if the letters are going to the correct address, an empty house etc.

REMEMBER IF IT IS A COUNCIL THAT HAS ISSUED THE TICKET THEN PAY IT, THEY'RE DUTY BOUND TO RECOVER THE MONEY AND WILL DO.

REMEMBER NOTHING WILL APPEAR ON ANY CREDIT REFERENCE OR CREDIT AGENCY REPORT, THIS ISN'T A DEBIT THAT YOU'VE DEFAULTED ON (e.g you borrowed money and didn't repay it)
DANIEL BOSTOCK

Demand a trial! This is a few years ago but the fundamentals are the same. New rules come and go.

OR

Demand a trial by combat and send Arya Stark
Edited by: "Graham1979" 12th Aug 2017
Graham19792 h, 21 m ago

You expected ...

Brilliant and informative comments. Very good.
CrispEditor4 m ago

Brilliant and informative comments. Very good.

IN FACT WRITE TO THEM AS THEY ALREADY KNOW WHO YOU ARE BECAUSE YOU REPLIED AND DEMAND A TRIAL WHICH YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO UNDER COMMON LAW, give them the name of your family solicitor (make it up they will bottle it they always do) - They won't write back to you other than to confirm the "Charge" has been cancelled. The letter you send to them must be sent by recorded delivery, address it to the payments department and they will sign for it thinking it has a cheque in.

Although it must annoying for the residents coming out to find their spaces taken up in the first place. If you made a genuine mistake fair enough, if not don't do it again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants