Groups

Euro Rate ?? Where to change my money to Euro's?

Hi

Can someone help, I go on holiday next week and need some Euros, Anyone changed any recently what rate did you get and were from? Was it commission free?

As you all know we try and get what we can with our money.

Thanks

26 Comments

I got 1.18 this morning at Thomas Cook. They were all offering 1.165 but increased a little when pushed.:)
    Still not a great rate but I'm happy enough. It was commission free.

order it at travelex and collect at airport that will prob get you the best rate

Banned

get it abroad from a cashpoint using a nationwide debit card. Always offers the best rates and commission free.

Banned

yipykayay;8873992

I got 1.18 this morning at Thomas Cook. They were all offering 1.165 but … I got 1.18 this morning at Thomas Cook. They were all offering 1.165 but increased a little when pushed.:)Still not a great rate but I'm happy enough. It was commission free.

You sure? Check your receipt as they normally charge a £3.95 admin fee which they dont class as commission! :w00t:

we got 1.17 just the other day from the bit in cash converters, no commission. Most other places we tried was about 1.12

M&S are normally competitive.

csiman;8874125

You sure? Check your receipt as they normally charge a £3.95 admin fee … You sure? Check your receipt as they normally charge a £3.95 admin fee which they dont class as commission! :w00t:

It's either that or they built it into their exchange rate. It's never commission free from any agent.

csiman;8874125

You sure? Check your receipt as they normally charge a £3.95 admin fee … You sure? Check your receipt as they normally charge a £3.95 admin fee which they dont class as commission! :w00t:

Positive. no fee:-D

yipykayay;8874300

Positive. no fee:-D

Except the market rate is nearer 1.20 - meaning they 'factored' it into their rate.

i got 114 in menorca this week, so i imagine if you are going to spain anything better than that is good.

moob;8874314

Except the market rate is nearer 1.20 - meaning they 'factored' it into … Except the market rate is nearer 1.20 - meaning they 'factored' it into their rate.

And? Can you get 1.20?

Got 1.15 at Tesco this morning not a great rate but I would have paid more in petrol driving elsewhere or #5 charges as under #500 if bought online. I was quite happy!

tracyhay;8874223

we got 1.17 just the other day from the bit in cash converters, no … we got 1.17 just the other day from the bit in cash converters, no commission. Most other places we tried was about 1.12

Yeah they seem to offer the best rates with outlets all over the UK

Website is here:
    no1currency.com/

I think there are better rates available though if you live in London:
    Try here: travelmoneymax.com

Sainsburys, I got 1.17 last week when the interbank rate was 1.19

yipykayay;8874376

And? Can you get 1.20?

I'm not getting at you.

Merely commenting on the fact that despite the adverts of 'no commission' there is rarely, if ever, such a thing.

Yeah, I can get the top whack, because in Europe, I use my Nationwide card to withdraw from cash machines.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Awww Thanks everyone for your help, i will have a look in the places advised and check if it is commission free or if they charge an handling charge, I did see Thomas cook window today and it was 1.16 and said commission free but didnt go and check the handling charge...

moob;8874678

I'm not getting at you.Merely commenting on the fact that despite the … I'm not getting at you.Merely commenting on the fact that despite the adverts of 'no commission' there is rarely, if ever, such a thing.Yeah, I can get the top whack, because in Europe, I use my Nationwide card to withdraw from cash machines.:thumbsup:

Yeah, I agree the Nationwide card is very good and I'll use mine too after the first few days of holiday.I just like to take a wad with me to get started and T. Cook was hard to beat.
    They all play the same game and will at least match each other to get the sale#

Meant to post this link earlier travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/hol…ey/
    Quite handy for finding the best rates

crowncurrencyexchange.co.uk are 1.175 they are commission free and I have used them a few times they are very good and the money will be send recorded delivery on a day of your choice it's not too late to use them hope that helps

Seems along time ago since we were getting 1.4

Banned

yipykayay;8874376

And? Can you get 1.20?

yes - use a NW card and they give interbank rates.

Banned

jamlow;8875762

Seems along time ago since we were getting 1.4

probably cos it was a long time ago :-D

yipykayay;8875184

Yeah, I agree the Nationwide card is very good and I'll use mine too … Yeah, I agree the Nationwide card is very good and I'll use mine too after the first few days of holiday.I just like to take a wad with me to get started and T. Cook was hard to beat.They all play the same game and will at least match each other to get the sale#Meant to post this link earlier http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/Quite handy for finding the best rates

I know it's a small risk, but I don't take any currency with me. There's always an ATM wherever I go, and always at the airport.:thumbsup:

Banned

csiman;8876835

yes - use a NW card and they give interbank rates.

you do realise that "interbank" rates factor in their comission and charges dont you.....they are a mid point between the market highs and lows of the day.

always better to take hard sterling wherever you go for the best rates:)

Original Poster

Just to let you all know i got 1.20 today commission free, from one of the cash converters or gold places...sorry not sure what its called.

Banned

its gone up again

[IMG]exchange-rates.org/Cha…spx?iso_code=EUR&base_iso_code=GBP&mode=G&filter=30[/IMG]

Banned

casparwhite;8878280

you do realise that "interbank" rates factor in their comission and … you do realise that "interbank" rates factor in their comission and charges dont you.....they are a mid point between the market highs and lows of the day.always better to take hard sterling wherever you go for the best rates:)

no, interbank rates do not factor in commission but are taken at the spot price at the end of the day the transaction occurred.

although you get better rates at the destination, you will never get a foreign street exchange offering interbank rates so sterling isnt a wise choice, or a safe one come to that compared to a cashpoint card
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3051073
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764578
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1832
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1939

See more discussions