Groups
    EXPIRED

Eurodisney-anyone been recently? advice please

taking the family to disney paris for 5 days on 4th april-got all the passes and buffalo bill show tickets included in the package price.

just trying to calculate a rough budget for food-was there ten years ago so its probably all changed-is there still a mcdonalds in the park? planet hollywood?

how are the prices? family of six so looking for cheapish lunch ideas and something a bit better for dinner.

we are staying in explorers hotel which has an all you can eat evening buffet for 20 euros including drinks-seems a reasonable deal-anything comparable in the park itself?

also,are the souvenier shops comparable in price to uk disney stores?

16 Comments

it is expensive. My daughter has just been with my mum. She said the meals for the kids age 9 and 13 were fifteen pound. Glass of wine six pound. Really pricey so you need to shop around and do not get your money there. I got them 1.07 from Tesco before they went and in Paris it was 0.98
    Hope this helps.

Pressie prices were also expensive. My daughter bought her brother a mickey teddy which was about 12 in high and cost 15 euro, a drinks cup for 7.50 euro and pens were 4.50 euro. They did say it worked out about a third more than the disney shop in local town.

Original Poster

mrgooboo;4727905

it is expensive. My daughter has just been with my mum. She said the … it is expensive. My daughter has just been with my mum. She said the meals for the kids age 9 and 13 were fifteen pound. Glass of wine six pound. Really pricey so you need to shop around and do not get your money there. I got them 1.07 from Tesco before they went and in Paris it was 0.98Hope this helps.Pressie prices were also expensive. My daughter bought her brother a mickey teddy which was about 12 in high and cost 15 euro, a drinks cup for 7.50 euro and pens were 4.50 euro. They did say it worked out about a third more than the disney shop in local town.

very good info-thank you-repped.

really really expensive its about £15 for a kids and £25 for adults eat all you like these are about the best value there is a mcds but its more expensive than the ones here its just under a yr since i was there and its for that reason i wouldnt go back in the park i think it was about £6 for a hot dog it mounts up if theres a few of you bottles/ cans of pop were about £3 its all about squeazing as much money as poss out of you the rides are fab tho

oh and buy dressy ups and hats and stuff here in our disney store before u go cos they a fortune when u get there and all the kids are dressed up

Original Poster

SABJ;4727965

oh and buy dressy ups and hats and stuff here in our disney store before … oh and buy dressy ups and hats and stuff here in our disney store before u go cos they a fortune when u get there and all the kids are dressed up

nice tip-cheers-repped.

missus is now planning to fill a suitcase with capri suns to save on drinks-lol!

barky;4727988

nice tip-cheers-repped.missus is now planning to fill a suitcase with … nice tip-cheers-repped.missus is now planning to fill a suitcase with capri suns to save on drinks-lol!

if you have the weight allowance i would defo do that too, we stayed in hotel newyork b and b and loads of people were taking bread rolls and cheese and things wrapped in tissue and making sarnies we didnt do this i didnt have a bag to carry stuff in but if you carrying bags any way a few bread rolls or apples would be great to snack on during the day

its REALLY expensive eg 1 very small hot dog costs £6
    why not do as we did,and make some sandwiches at breakfast to take with you.
    cheeky i know but everyone else does it.

be careful with mcdonalds,my son had food poisoning from there
    they are soooooo busy they dont cook things properly !

have a great time x

As people say it is pricey - unless you buy from MacDonalds. If you buy the Brit Guide to Disneyland Paris they tend to have a voucher for money off at Planet Hollywood. Other than that there are places are short train ride away to eat. For example V'al D'Europe is about a 5 minute train ride away,it has loads of shops and quite a few eateries too.

Original Poster

underthestairs;4728064

its REALLY expensive eg 1 very small hot dog costs £6 why not do as we … its REALLY expensive eg 1 very small hot dog costs £6 why not do as we did,and make some sandwiches at breakfast to take with you.cheeky i know but everyone else does it.be careful with mcdonalds,my son had food poisoning from therethey are soooooo busy they dont cook things properly !have a great time x

lol-yes cheeky I know but will deffo be doing that-breakfast is included in the hotel so the babys changing bag will be bulging before we leave the restaurant!

>Eurodisney

It has not been called EuroDisney since 1995.

It is now called Disneyland Resort Paris.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ris

Original Poster

TheFullJenny;4728099

As people say it is pricey - unless you buy from MacDonalds. If you buy … As people say it is pricey - unless you buy from MacDonalds. If you buy the Brit Guide to Disneyland Paris they tend to have a voucher for money off at Planet Hollywood. Other than that there are places are short train ride away to eat. For example V'al D'Europe is about a 5 minute train ride away,it has loads of shops and quite a few eateries too.

just ordered the brit guide from amazon-thanks.

We went at half term in Feb.

Big Tip - before you go into the park there is a train station-in there is a Spar type shop which sells 2litres of coke etc for about 1.50euros (you pay more than that for a small water in the park) - they also had sandwiches and crisps etc-go there on your way to the park and get your nibbles for the day -and save a fortune !

Everyone was taking rolls and croissants out from breakfast-just take an empty kids bag down to breakfast with you. We also took fruit from our buffet evening meal for the next day when the kids (9 and 3 ) were peckish.

Outfits were 45euros (!!!) luckily my friend had worned me of this-and we took a dress from Asda - lots of the girls where them at tea time - so it is worth thinking about if you have girls.

I also got some Disney colouring bits etc from the £ shop for the kids for treats at night rather than buying from the shop (very dear as previously mentioned) and for playing bits of games while waiting in the queues for rides.

Everyone has an autograph book for the charactors to sign too-they are special with Disney on-but they are 5euros each too-so you might want to take something with you if you don't want to cough up for them - we got them as there are special

Oh, and we took water bottle from home-and filled them in the mornings for drinks when the pop was gone from the Spar shop !

Hope this helps ! Have a lovely time !

We bought the half board package-were unsure but we knew someone who went at Christmas and they said it was horrendous for food-it was loads easier-as others have sadi kids meals were 15euros and adults 27 or 29 euros depending on which hotel you ate at -and that was for a buffet so it worked out loads cheaper in the long run.

Original Poster

lucerysmum;4728464

We went at half term in Feb.Big Tip - before you go into the park there … We went at half term in Feb.Big Tip - before you go into the park there is a train station-in there is a Spar type shop which sells 2litres of coke etc for about 1.50euros (you pay more than that for a small water in the park) - they also had sandwiches and crisps etc-go there on your way to the park and get your nibbles for the day -and save a fortune !Everyone was taking rolls and croissants out from breakfast-just take an empty kids bag down to breakfast with you. We also took fruit from our buffet evening meal for the next day when the kids (9 and 3 ) were peckish.Outfits were 45euros (!!!) luckily my friend had worned me of this-and we took a dress from Asda - lots of the girls where them at tea time - so it is worth thinking about if you have girls.I also got some Disney colouring bits etc from the £ shop for the kids for treats at night rather than buying from the shop (very dear as previously mentioned) and for playing bits of games while waiting in the queues for rides.Everyone has an autograph book for the charactors to sign too-they are special with Disney on-but they are 5euros each too-so you might want to take something with you if you don't want to cough up for them - we got them as there are specialOh, and we took water bottle from home-and filled them in the mornings for drinks when the pop was gone from the Spar shop !Hope this helps ! Have a lovely time !We bought the half board package-were unsure but we knew someone who went at Christmas and they said it was horrendous for food-it was loads easier-as others have sadi kids meals were 15euros and adults 27 or 29 euros depending on which hotel you ate at -and that was for a buffet so it worked out loads cheaper in the long run.

great tips-repped-its ten years since I was there but remember a train station right at the park entrance with a kinda glass dome thing over the entrance-is that the one?

if it's not too late you might want to look into upgrading to half board. We went in November and had an all you can eat buffet every night, loads of kids favourites (fish fingers, nuggets, pasta etc) and good stuff for the grown ups too. Mrs Evil_Monkey had a roast dinner every night! The pattiserie counter for dessert was superb too. Worked out much cheaper than eating in the Village every night and you do get a choice of restaurants too, you're not just limited to the hotel where you're staying.

Have a great time!

barky;4728649

great tips-repped-its ten years since I was there but remember a train … great tips-repped-its ten years since I was there but remember a train station right at the park entrance with a kinda glass dome thing over the entrance-is that the one?

yes, thats it-go there every morning and stock up-believe me-its worth it !

Also worth packing some snacks if you have room !

One more thing i have thought of - its an hour from the airport on the coach-so take something to do - or be prepared so you don't keep saying nearly there when there is 45 minutes to go !

Also-get the booked time slot offered for breakfast-it says literally an hour queueing !

And if you book an evening meal do the same-reserve a place even for the buffet - it costs nothing and saves loads of hassle.

We looked at going last October but were amazed at how expensive it was. When we looked it was actually cheaper to fly from the midlands than take the train/chunnel.

Friends came back saying they felt everything was a complete rip off, almost back to the bad old days when it first opened as Eurodisney in the early 90's. Since there's no competition for food Disney know they have a captive audience (in the parks and out) so they can charge what they like which ends up with a "fast-food" lunch costing £100 for a family of four.:x

In the end we got a cheap 10-day Halloween deal to Florida which was fantastic. It may have cost a bit more than Paris but IMO it was much better value for money.

Cheers

Jez
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Weekly game codes giveaway 182722
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
      3. Did you know?2951
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336

See more discussions