Groups
    EXPIRED

European Breakdown Cover

Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for good/cheap european breakdown cover? I'm current with the AA but they want > £100 to cover 2 weeks in France. Is this normal or can anyone recommend someone else?

3 Comments

I don't know how much Gem motoring charges but we use them for breakdown cover & they are excellent.

used european cover in france christmas time would never bother again total waste of money easier to look on internet and print out list of garages depending on your make of car , we have a nissan would next time take a list of nissan garages, this is exactly what european cover does, they will not look at your car at the roadside, they will not attempt to fix it, even though insurance says will fix your car at roadside, we even told the breakdown on the phone it was petrol filter, no chance they had to take car away , and told us we were to have a hire car, this was with eurocar, even though our insurance covered us for this we were still charged 400.00 gbp, this money we had awful problems to recover, had to end up getting credit card to recover it for us, our nissan petrol filter cost us 180.00 gbp, would have cost a couple of quid back home, if we had phoned the nissan garage this could have been fixed much quicker and a great deal cheaper dealing direct with them. also bear in mind that if you breakdown on a toll road in france, breakdown cover will not assist you until you are off the toll road, we were told this when we phoned up for assistance, this is not mentioned in any of our documents so if you are taking any european breakdown cover out, make sure you ask about this, because if we had not been able to limp of the toll road it would have cost us even more,

greeninsurancecompany.co.uk/bre…tml

Only just switched to them so not had to use them (but then I have never had to call out a breakdown service......... Fortunate? Cars always serviced regular etc.....)

But this place is cheap and had reasonably good feedback when I was looking
    Edited by: "a666andy" 13th Aug 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…48
      2. Electricity67
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)59
      4. iPhone charging cable.917

See more discussions