European Breakdown Cover...any advice?

Found 20th May 2009
We're going to France in 5wks for a fortnight and need to get some sort of breakdown cover in place. I've read loads of info on MSE and other posts here but thought I'd ask if anyone had any advice or particular experiences.

Our normal AA/RAC has expired, and I normally take whichever one is giving the best Quidco price, but I was wondering whether it would be better rather than taking one of these to just buy a policy to cover the whole year including Europe? Or stick to the basic UK cover and insure the fortnight we'll be away?

Any links etc to cheap providers would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Community Updates
what bank are you with. my barclays account gives me free RAC cover including european and at home.
Used them last time for mine and I reckon I got the cheapest deal possible for what I needed.
I've got accounts with HSBC, Barclays, Halifax, NatWest and just opened one with A&L but apart from a Premier acct with HSBC which I'll look into, all of them are just standard bank accounts and I don't think I get anything with them. Might ring Barclays anyway just to as though, as it might be worth upgrading the account if the cover is included - thanks!

Pegsw, thanks for that - I've spent quite a lot of time on MSE already, and there is some good advice on there but it doesn't go into too much detail about Euro stuff. Might have a nosey on the forum there too, but I've a habit of getting lost for days when I go there!
my barclays account costs about £16 per month. but that gives me the european cover as well as worldwide family multi-trip travel insurance, mobile phone cover and loads more
Post a comment

    Top Discussions

    Top Discussions

    Top Merchants